10th anniversary

Goran Rakic Goran Rakic

10th anniversary

This is a question about 10th anniversary of the OpenOffice.org
community. Is there a plan to release an announcement on October 13th?

There is a more basic question involved. Do we want to start from
scratch with LibO or to claim the continuity as OpenOffice.org community
at large?

From a marketing point of view and taking the "We are the community"
quote into practice I believe it would be good to celebrate the
anniversary with an announcement, put some party logo to the webpage and
Facebook fan page and also link to any material that may be posted to
OpenOffice.org main web site.

On the other hand there are people far more experience in marketing
leading the foundation and LibO at the moment, so I would like to
present this just as an idea for discussion.

Goran

italovignoli italovignoli

Re: 10th anniversary

Goran Rakic wrote:

> This is a question about 10th anniversary of the OpenOffice.org
> community. Is there a plan to release an announcement on October 13th?

Yes, there is.

> There is a more basic question involved. Do we want to start from
> scratch with LibO or to claim the continuity as OpenOffice.org community
> at large?

Continuity is the message.

--
Italo Vignoli
Mobile: +39.348.5653829 - VoIP: +39.02.320621813

Italo Vignoli
Director - The Document Foundation
marcpare4 marcpare4

Re: 10th anniversary

  Le 2010-10-09 13:24, Italo Vignoli a écrit :

> Goran Rakic wrote:
>
>> This is a question about 10th anniversary of the OpenOffice.org
>> community. Is there a plan to release an announcement on October 13th?
> Yes, there is.
>
>> There is a more basic question involved. Do we want to start from
>> scratch with LibO or to claim the continuity as OpenOffice.org community
>> at large?
> Continuity is the message.

Thanks Italo.

I think the point that has been driven home to all of us is that LibO is
a continuation of the project. The name is the only difference. We
should organize on online splash for the event. Should we ask if there
could be some kind of birthday clipart showing on the front page of the
DocumentFoundation website. I know they are busy, but maybe take a
moment to celebrate and validate the 10 year existence of the group?
Maybe a communiqué from Italo in the name of the project?

Cheers

Marc