3.7->4.0

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

3.7->4.0

Hello,

Our next branch, the 3.7, will actually be our 4.0 (I know, it's
Monday).
More technical details are available here:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/LibreOffice4
and they're intensely technical as you can see.

The new features are not fully defined, but we need to work on all the
specific details on the announcement. Anything such as:
- new features
- specific messaging -remember:
http://standardsandfreedom.net/index.php/2012/10/21/marketing-workshop-2012/ within our broader messaging is welcome. We need to convey who we are and what we do, in broad and specific terms, and in various ways to the public.

In short, we need a "shock team" for product marketing; Italo will start
to work on the PR side of things later on.

I'd like to break a few work items so that people can "own" them:
- new features : nice new webpage
- web presence: banners, buttons, etc.
- community presentation, facts, etc.
- coordination & communication with other teams: Design team,
localization / former Native-Lang teams, etc.

I'm sure I'm forgetting several items here. Please apply here if you'd
like to start on any one of these items.

Best,
--
Charles-H. Schulz
Co-Founder & Director, The Document Foundation,

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

Re: 3.7->4.0

Sorry, I forgot this link as well:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/3.7

best,
Charles.

--
Charles-H. Schulz
Co-Founder & Director, The Document Foundation,
Zimmerstr. 69, 10117 Berlin, Germany

Jean Weber Jean Weber

Re: 3.7->4.0

Documentation would like a new cover design for the user guides. We have also been looking at some internal design changes for the docs, but probably won't have time to implement many of them. --Jean

On 05/11/2012, at 22:03, "Charles-H. Schulz" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Our next branch, the 3.7, will actually be our 4.0 (I know, it's
> Monday).
> More technical details are available here:
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/LibreOffice4
> and they're intensely technical as you can see.
>
> The new features are not fully defined, but we need to work on all the
> specific details on the announcement. Anything such as:
> - new features
> - specific messaging -remember:
> http://standardsandfreedom.net/index.php/2012/10/21/marketing-workshop-2012/ within our broader messaging is welcome. We need to convey who we are and what we do, in broad and specific terms, and in various ways to the public.
>
> In short, we need a "shock team" for product marketing; Italo will start
> to work on the PR side of things later on.
>
> I'd like to break a few work items so that people can "own" them:
> - new features : nice new webpage
> - web presence: banners, buttons, etc.
> - community presentation, facts, etc.
> - coordination & communication with other teams: Design team,
> localization / former Native-Lang teams, etc.
>
> I'm sure I'm forgetting several items here. Please apply here if you'd
> like to start on any one of these items.
>
> Best,
> --
> Charles-H. Schulz
> Co-Founder & Director, The Document Foundation,
> Zimmerstr. 69, 10117 Berlin, Germany
> Rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
> Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint

Danishka Navin Danishka Navin

Re: 3.7->4.0

I think we should have a product marketing meeting for LibreOffice 4.0

Lets fix a date!

http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/danishkanavin
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danishkanavin/

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

Re: 3.7->4.0

I'll open a doodle tomorrow or monday.

Best,

Charles.
Le 10 nov. 2012 13:09, "Danishka Navin" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> I think we should have a product marketing meeting for LibreOffice 4.0
>
> Lets fix a date!
>

> On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Charles-H. Schulz <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Our next branch, the 3.7, will actually be our 4.0 (I know, it's
>> Monday).
>> More technical details are available here:
>> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/LibreOffice4
>> and they're intensely technical as you can see.
>>
>> The new features are not fully defined, but we need to work on all the
>> specific details on the announcement. Anything such as:
>> - new features
>> - specific messaging -remember:
>>
>> http://standardsandfreedom.net/index.php/2012/10/21/marketing-workshop-2012/within our broader messaging is welcome. We need to convey who we are and
>> what we do, in broad and specific terms, and in various ways to the public.
>>
>> In short, we need a "shock team" for product marketing; Italo will start
>> to work on the PR side of things later on.
>>
>> I'd like to break a few work items so that people can "own" them:
>> - new features : nice new webpage
>> - web presence: banners, buttons, etc.
>> - community presentation, facts, etc.
>> - coordination & communication with other teams: Design team,
>> localization / former Native-Lang teams, etc.
>>
>> I'm sure I'm forgetting several items here. Please apply here if you'd
>> like to start on any one of these items.
>>
>> Best,
>> --
>> Charles-H. Schulz
>> Co-Founder & Director, The Document Foundation,
>> Zimmerstr. 69, 10117 Berlin, Germany
>> Rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
>> Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint

>> deleted
>>

> --
> Danishka Navin
> http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com
> http://twitter.com/danishkanavin
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/danishkanavin/

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

Re: 3.7->4.0

There you go, feel free to set your preferences. The times are expressed
in CET time (GMT +1): http://doodle.com/3r9qeeikkayvbcdg

Best,

Charles.

Le samedi 10 novembre 2012 à 17:38 +0530, Danishka Navin a écrit :

> I think we should have a product marketing meeting for LibreOffice 4.0
>
> Lets fix a date!
>

> On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Charles-H. Schulz
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>         Hello,
>
>         Our next branch, the 3.7, will actually be our 4.0 (I know,
>         it's
>         Monday).
>         More technical details are available here:
>         http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/LibreOffice4
>         and they're intensely technical as you can see.
>
>         The new features are not fully defined, but we need to work on
>         all the
>         specific details on the announcement. Anything such as:
>         - new features
>         - specific messaging -remember:
>         http://standardsandfreedom.net/index.php/2012/10/21/marketing-workshop-2012/ within our broader messaging is welcome. We need to convey who we are and what we do, in broad and specific terms, and in various ways to the public.
>
>         In short, we need a "shock team" for product marketing; Italo
>         will start
>         to work on the PR side of things later on.
>
>         I'd like to break a few work items so that people can "own"
>         them:
>         - new features : nice new webpage
>         - web presence: banners, buttons, etc.
>         - community presentation, facts, etc.
>         - coordination & communication with other teams: Design team,
>         localization / former Native-Lang teams, etc.
>
>         I'm sure I'm forgetting several items here. Please apply here
>         if you'd
>         like to start on any one of these items.
>
>         Best,
>         --
>         Charles-H. Schulz
>         Co-Founder & Director, The Document Foundation,
>         Zimmerstr. 69, 10117 Berlin, Germany
>         Rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
>         Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
>

>         --
>         All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and
>         cannot be deleted
>

> --
> Danishka Navin
> http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com
> http://twitter.com/danishkanavin
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/danishkanavin/

--
Charles-H. Schulz
Co-Founder & Director, The Document Foundation,
Zimmerstr. 69, 10117 Berlin, Germany

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: 3.7->4.0

Hi Charles,

Charles-H. Schulz wrote on 2012-11-12 13:09:
> There you go, feel free to set your preferences. The times are expressed
> in CET time (GMT +1):http://doodle.com/3r9qeeikkayvbcdg

before people go on and vote - might it make sense to change the poll to
have time zone support? This avoids confusion :)

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

Re: 3.7->4.0

No, if we change it again we will confuse people. I'll remind the list of
the timezone.

Best,
Charles.
Le 12 nov. 2012 14:00, "Florian Effenberger" <[hidden email]>
a écrit :

> Hi Charles,
>
> Charles-H. Schulz wrote on 2012-11-12 13:09:
>
>> There you go, feel free to set your preferences. The times are expressed
>> in CET time (GMT +1):http://doodle.com/**3r9qeeikkayvbcdg<http://doodle.com/3r9qeeikkayvbcdg>
>>

> before people go on and vote - might it make sense to change the poll to
> have time zone support? This avoids confusion :)
>
> Florian
>
> --
> Florian Effenberger, Chairman of the Board (Vorstandsvorsitzender)
> Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108
> The Document Foundation, Zimmerstr. 69, 10117 Berlin, Germany
> Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.**org/imprint<http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint>

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

marcpare4 marcpare4

Re: 3.7->4.0

Hi Charles,

Le 2012-11-14 07:58, Charles-H. Schulz a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> This is a reminder for our marketing call. Here's the Doodle, please put
> your name and your preferred time and dates on it:
> http://doodle.com/3r9qeeikkayvbcdg
>
> Best,

I just noticed this post.

Could you re-post this on its own thread? This marketing call reminder
is in the "Re: 3.7->4.0" thread. Many people will not be aware of it if
they are not monitoring this thread.

Cheers,

Marc

--