5.4.2 won't install on Windows 10

Next » 12
James Knott James Knott

5.4.2 won't install on Windows 10

I've been trying to install LibreOffice 5.4.2 on a Windows 10 system,
but get an error message:

"The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation"

I'm trying to install as a user, as I always do, and provide the admin
password.  I have not set any such policy and don't even know how to.

Two other installs went fine.

Any ideas?

tnx jk

Jan Flikweert Jan Flikweert

Re: 5.4.2 won't install on Windows 10

This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
James Knott James Knott

On 10/18/2017 01:28 PM, James Knott wrote:

> I've been trying to install LibreOffice 5.4.2 on a Windows 10 system,
> but get an error message:
>
> "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation"
>
> I'm trying to install as a user, as I always do, and provide the admin
> password.  I have not set any such policy and don't even know how to.
>
> Two other installs went fine.
>
> Any ideas?

I can't even install as admin.

James Knott James Knott

On 10/18/2017 01:51 PM, Jan Flikweert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a change in your anti-virus program's?
> Did you try right mouse click run as administrator?
> At wich location is your setup file located?
> Great upgrade Windows between this isntallation an the previous?
> Other users installed succesfully as you stated.

It's just the one system that fails and on that system, I can't even
install when logged in as admin.  I get the same error message.

I always download to the Downloads folder and run it from there.  As
usual, I'm asked for the admin password, but it still fails.  This was
happening before yesterday's update to the Windows 10 Creators edition
and after.

As I mentioned, the other 2 systems were OK.

James Knott James Knott

Re: 5.4.2 won't install on Windows 10

On 10/18/2017 01:51 PM, Jan Flikweert wrote:
> Is there a change in your anti-virus program's?

No.

James Knott James Knott

On 10/18/2017 03:15 PM, Barry Smith wrote:
> When I have a problem installing on Windows 10 as my user (which is
> the administrator), I right-click the installation program, and choose
> "Run as admin" or whatever the verbiage is. :)

I often do that to, but it wasn't available this time.  However, I was
prompted for the admin password and entered it.  However, the install
still failed.

James Knott James Knott

On 10/18/2017 03:20 PM, Jan Flikweert wrote:
> Does your anti-virus has ransomware protection?

The only AV I have is the Windows one.  Regardless, the install says the
admin set policies..., which is something I've never done.

Kolbjørn Stuestøl Kolbjørn Stuestøl

Re: 5.4.2 won't install on Windows 10

Den 18.10.2017 21:09, skreiv James Knott:

> On 10/18/2017 01:28 PM, James Knott wrote:
>> I've been trying to install LibreOffice 5.4.2 on a Windows 10 system,
>> but get an error message:
>>
>> "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation"
>>
>> I'm trying to install as a user, as I always do, and provide the admin
>> password.  I have not set any such policy and don't even know how to.
>>
>> Two other installs went fine.
>>
>> Any ideas?
> I can't even install as admin.
I installed LibreOffice 5.4.2.1 on Windows 10 without any problems.
Sometimes when getting the message that you needs administrator rights,
restarting the computer helps.
Kolbjørn

Jan Flikweert Jan Flikweert

Re: 5.4.2 won't install on Windows 10

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
steveedmonds steveedmonds

Re: 5.4.2 won't install on Windows 10

Have you googled

"The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation"

Seems your message is not uncommon with a few suggestions to overcome.
steve

James Knott James Knott

On 10/18/2017 03:28 PM, Kolbjørn Stuestøl wrote:
> I installed LibreOffice 5.4.2.1 on Windows 10 without any problems.
> Sometimes when getting the message that you needs administrator
> rights, restarting the computer helps.

I've done that a few times.  Also downloaded into the admin account and
tried installing from there.  All the usual stuff fails to work.

James Knott James Knott

On 10/18/2017 03:32 PM, Jan Flikweert wrote:
> Right mouse click on setup file [properties], [security]?
> What do you see at the bottom?

All permissions are Allow

> When you have the option to unlock you can do that.

No unlock seen

James Knott James Knott

On 10/18/2017 03:50 PM, Steve Edmonds wrote:
> Have you googled
>
> "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation"
>
> Seems your message is not uncommon with a few suggestions to overcome.
> steve

Yes I have Googled and am trying the suggestions.  No luck so far.  I'm
beginning to suspect there may be other problems with this system, as
when I give my self admin rights, they don't appear to show up and some
other issues with saving settings etc.  I suspect I may have to
reinstall W10.

Paul D. Mirowsky Paul D. Mirowsky

Re: 5.4.2 won't install on Windows 10

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/error-the-system-administrator-has-set-policies-to/b5350e90-fe4b-4544-8549-20c6a7befb51

James Knott James Knott

On 10/18/2017 04:07 PM, Paul D. Mirowsky wrote:
> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/error-the-system-administrator-has-set-policies-to/b5350e90-fe4b-4544-8549-20c6a7befb51
>

> On 10/18/2017 3:50 PM, Steve Edmonds wrote:
>> The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation

Actually, I had already seen that article.  When I try step 3, it asks
what app I want to run.  That's one of the things that make me think I
may have to reinstall W10.

libo libo

On 10/18/2017 3:21 PM, James Knott wrote:

> On 10/18/2017 03:15 PM, Barry Smith wrote:
>> When I have a problem installing on Windows 10 as my user (which is
>> the administrator), I right-click the installation program, and choose
>> "Run as admin" or whatever the verbiage is. :)
>>
> I often do that to, but it wasn't available this time.  However, I was
> prompted for the admin password and entered it.  However, the install
> still failed.

Do you have CryptoPrevent installed? You will get that error if the
protection is set to "Maximum".

L.

zahra a zahra a

Re: 5.4.2 won't install on Windows 10

hi.
i searched in google and find these tips to restore your windows.
hope that help, God bless you!

If your computer isn't running the way it should, you're getting
strange errors or you just want to return it to its default state,
Windows 10 has your answer. The operating system provides a number of
options that let you restore your computer to an earlier state. Here's
how to reset your PC in Windows 10.
1. Navigate to Settings.  You can get there by clicking the gear icon
on the Start menu.
Select settings
2. Select "Update & security"
Select Update & security
3. Click Recovery in the left pane.
select recovery
 Windows presents you with three major options: Reset this PC, Go back
to an earlier build and Advanced startup. Reset this PC is the best
option for starting fresh. Advanced startup lets you boot off a
recovery USB drive or disc and "Go to an earlier build" is made for
Windows Insiders who want to roll back to a previous version of the
OS.
Recovery options
4. Click Get started under Reset this PC.
Click Get started
5. Click either "Keep my files" or "Remove everything," depending on
whether you want to keep your data files intact. Either way, all of
your settings will return to their defaults and apps will be
uninstalled.
Choose whether to keep your files
6. Select "Just remove my files" or "Remove files and clean the drive"
if you chose to "remove everything" in the prior step. Cleaning the
drive takes a lot longer but will make sure that, if you are giving
the computer away, the next person will have a hard time recovering
your erased files. If you are keeping the computer, choose "Just
remove my files."
select clean drive option
7. Click Next if Windows warns you that you won't be able to roll back
to a prior version of the OS.
click Next
8. Click Reset when prompted.
Click Reset
Windows will then restart and take several minutes to reset itself.
9. Click Continue when prompted.
Click Continue

On 10/19/17, libo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 10/18/2017 3:21 PM, James Knott wrote:
>> On 10/18/2017 03:15 PM, Barry Smith wrote:
>>> When I have a problem installing on Windows 10 as my user (which is
>>> the administrator), I right-click the installation program, and choose
>>> "Run as admin" or whatever the verbiage is. :)
>>>
>> I often do that to, but it wasn't available this time.  However, I was
>> prompted for the admin password and entered it.  However, the install
>> still failed.
>>

> Do you have CryptoPrevent installed? You will get that error if the
> protection is set to "Maximum".
>
> L.

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

James Knott James Knott

On 10/19/2017 06:45 AM, libo wrote:
> Do you have CryptoPrevent installed? You will get that error if the
> protection is set to "Maximum".

No.

James Knott James Knott

Re: 5.4.2 won't install on Windows 10

I already saw that.

tnx

On 10/19/2017 07:10 AM, zahra a wrote:

> hi.
> i searched in google and find these tips to restore your windows.
> hope that help, God bless you!
>
> If your computer isn't running the way it should, you're getting
> strange errors or you just want to return it to its default state,
> Windows 10 has your answer. The operating system provides a number of
> options that let you restore your computer to an earlier state. Here's
> how to reset your PC in Windows 10.
> 1. Navigate to Settings.  You can get there by clicking the gear icon
> on the Start menu.
> Select settings
> 2. Select "Update & security"
> Select Update & security
> 3. Click Recovery in the left pane.
> select recovery
>  Windows presents you with three major options: Reset this PC, Go back
> to an earlier build and Advanced startup. Reset this PC is the best
> option for starting fresh. Advanced startup lets you boot off a
> recovery USB drive or disc and "Go to an earlier build" is made for
> Windows Insiders who want to roll back to a previous version of the
> OS.
> Recovery options
> 4. Click Get started under Reset this PC.
> Click Get started
> 5. Click either "Keep my files" or "Remove everything," depending on
> whether you want to keep your data files intact. Either way, all of
> your settings will return to their defaults and apps will be
> uninstalled.
> Choose whether to keep your files
> 6. Select "Just remove my files" or "Remove files and clean the drive"
> if you chose to "remove everything" in the prior step. Cleaning the
> drive takes a lot longer but will make sure that, if you are giving
> the computer away, the next person will have a hard time recovering
> your erased files. If you are keeping the computer, choose "Just
> remove my files."
> select clean drive option
> 7. Click Next if Windows warns you that you won't be able to roll back
> to a prior version of the OS.
> click Next
> 8. Click Reset when prompted.
> Click Reset
> Windows will then restart and take several minutes to reset itself.
> 9. Click Continue when prompted.
> Click Continue
>
> On 10/19/17, libo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>>
>>> I often do that to, but it wasn't available this time.  However, I was
>>> prompted for the admin password and entered it.  However, the install
>>> still failed.
>>>

>> Do you have CryptoPrevent installed? You will get that error if the
>> protection is set to "Maximum".
>>
>> L.

>> deleted

Next » 12