5.4.2 won't install on Windows 10

12 « Prev
James Knott James Knott

Re: 5.4.2 won't install on Windows 10

I just tried that and still get that error message.

On 10/19/2017 10:14 AM, James Knott wrote:

> I already saw that.
>
> tnx
>

> On 10/19/2017 07:10 AM, zahra a wrote:
>> hi.
>> i searched in google and find these tips to restore your windows.
>> hope that help, God bless you!
>>
>> If your computer isn't running the way it should, you're getting
>> strange errors or you just want to return it to its default state,
>> Windows 10 has your answer. The operating system provides a number of
>> options that let you restore your computer to an earlier state. Here's
>> how to reset your PC in Windows 10.
>> 1. Navigate to Settings.  You can get there by clicking the gear icon
>> on the Start menu.
>> Select settings
>> 2. Select "Update & security"
>> Select Update & security
>> 3. Click Recovery in the left pane.
>> select recovery
>>  Windows presents you with three major options: Reset this PC, Go back
>> to an earlier build and Advanced startup. Reset this PC is the best
>> option for starting fresh. Advanced startup lets you boot off a
>> recovery USB drive or disc and "Go to an earlier build" is made for
>> Windows Insiders who want to roll back to a previous version of the
>> OS.
>> Recovery options
>> 4. Click Get started under Reset this PC.
>> Click Get started
>> 5. Click either "Keep my files" or "Remove everything," depending on
>> whether you want to keep your data files intact. Either way, all of
>> your settings will return to their defaults and apps will be
>> uninstalled.
>> Choose whether to keep your files
>> 6. Select "Just remove my files" or "Remove files and clean the drive"
>> if you chose to "remove everything" in the prior step. Cleaning the
>> drive takes a lot longer but will make sure that, if you are giving
>> the computer away, the next person will have a hard time recovering
>> your erased files. If you are keeping the computer, choose "Just
>> remove my files."
>> select clean drive option
>> 7. Click Next if Windows warns you that you won't be able to roll back
>> to a prior version of the OS.
>> click Next
>> 8. Click Reset when prompted.
>> Click Reset
>> Windows will then restart and take several minutes to reset itself.
>> 9. Click Continue when prompted.
>> Click Continue

>>> Do you have CryptoPrevent installed? You will get that error if the
>>> protection is set to "Maximum".
>>>
>>> L.
>>>

>>> --
>>> deleted

krackedpress krackedpress

Re: 5.4.2 won't install on Windows 10

I googled the errors with a different package and the articles stated
that my "package installer" is the problem and needed to be reinstalled
or upgraded.  How to do that was not in the articles.  That was a year
or two before I upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10.  During that wait,
Win7 upgraded the installed in one of its patches, so I had that error
for only a few months.

12 « Prev