A new old branding?

Next » 12
Alexander Wilms Alexander Wilms

A new old branding?

Hi everyone,

on the Deviantart page of Harvey Cabaguio someone mentioned an old
design submission for the original LibreOffice brand:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/5/5f/AndyFitzsimon_ArtworkProposal_splashes.png

It also kind of fits the minimalist swiss style, maybe the gradients
should be a bit flatter. Would you mind if I ask the Designer (former
Novell, now Red Hat employer) if he would license it under LGPLv3/MPL
and use it as basis for a submission?

Cheers

Alex

Alexander Wilms Alexander Wilms

Re: A new old branding?

*employee

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

Re: A new old branding?

Good idea, although we ought to include Libreoffice's actual logo.

Best,

Charles

Alexander Wilms <[hidden email]> a écrit :

>Hi everyone,
>
>on the Deviantart page of Harvey Cabaguio someone mentioned an old
>design submission for the original LibreOffice brand:
>https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/5/5f/AndyFitzsimon_ArtworkProposal_splashes.png
>
>It also kind of fits the minimalist swiss style, maybe the gradients
>should be a bit flatter. Would you mind if I ask the Designer (former
>Novell, now Red Hat employer) if he would license it under LGPLv3/MPL
>and use it as basis for a submission?
>
>Cheers
>
>Alex
>

>--
>deleted

Alexander Wilms Alexander Wilms

Re: A new old branding?

Yes, that's what I thought, too

Cheers,

Alex

Fitoschido Fitoschido

Re: A new old branding?

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 3:41 PM, Alexander Wilms
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> on the Deviantart page of Harvey Cabaguio someone mentioned an old design
> submission for the original LibreOffice brand:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/5/5f/AndyFitzsimon_ArtworkProposal_splashes.png
>
> It also kind of fits the minimalist swiss style, maybe the gradients should
> be a bit flatter. Would you mind if I ask the Designer (former Novell, now
> Red Hat employer) if he would license it under LGPLv3/MPL and use it as
> basis for a submission?

I support this motion! Also, anyone has had a look at the LibreOffice
branding created for OpenSUSE? (Example:
http://www.muktware.com/sites/default/files/images/applications/opensSuse-Libreoffice.jpg
)

--
Adolfo

Paul Greindl Paul Greindl

Re: A new old branding?

They look really nice, I absolutely like the minimalistic style. But the
logo must in that case be adapted and integrated in the color-scheme of
each splash-screen, I even wonder where to place it while not disturbing
the minimalistic layout...? The strength of this splash lies in it's
simplicity, so one should be careful not to add something that makes it
cluttered or is not fitting in. That's my opinion.

Cheers

Paul

On 12/01/13 23:08, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:

> Good idea, although we ought to include Libreoffice's actual logo.
>
> Best,
>
> Charles
>

> Alexander Wilms <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> on the Deviantart page of Harvey Cabaguio someone mentioned an old
>> design submission for the original LibreOffice brand:
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/5/5f/AndyFitzsimon_ArtworkProposal_splashes.png
>>
>> It also kind of fits the minimalist swiss style, maybe the gradients
>> should be a bit flatter. Would you mind if I ask the Designer (former
>> Novell, now Red Hat employer) if he would license it under LGPLv3/MPL
>> and use it as basis for a submission?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Alex

>> deleted

mateus.m.luna mateus.m.luna

Re: A new old branding?

This post was updated on .
I really like the "turning page" idea, but I would follow something more flat, as mentioned here...
Like this:

Or maybe, for the green-lovers:

mateus.m.luna mateus.m.luna

Re: A new old branding?

This post was updated on .
Actually, this makes more sense then the first one I posted here (which wasn't approved yet), sorry:

P.S.: Is there any rule on the forum against using embed images here? I say this because all the post that I see are with just links, and as I'm new I don't know if I'm doing something wrong :(
anonymous anonymous

Re: A new old branding?

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Florian Monfort Florian Monfort

Re: A new old branding?

+1 for these designs, I think they rock and I'd love to see them for the
4.0 branch. + adding the official -adapted logo ;)

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 3:19 PM, SteveBell <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  I love the mockups by Andy Fitzsimon. Also agree with Paul: carefull when
> adding elements. Too many elements f*ck up the beauty of simplicity.
>
> Alexander, did you already mail Andy? Any results already?
>
> OT: I'm subscribed to the design mailing list, somehow I'm still not
> received any mails so far. Might be my setup. But very strange. Already had
> a look and couldn't figure that out.

*Monfort Florian*
BM2 Student at France Business School
Marketing Apprentice at Red Hat
Marketing Team Member at The Document Foundation
[hidden email]
Mobile : +33 6 58 97 15 61

Lexnos Lexnos

Re: A new old branding?

Hi!

My other 2 proposals definitive for LibreOffice 4 of New Splashscreen

Splash 1 New - http://ubuntuone.com/4H7XDYJS7fxRc4FySyUUFO

Splash 2 New - http://ubuntuone.com/4452bNXlTMBYUNqdad63QA

Thanks
Lexnos Corporation / www.lexnos.com / @lexnos / Skype: lexnos.com
Alexander Wilms Alexander Wilms

Re: A new old branding?

I changed the logo and added the progress bar:
http://s1.directupload.net/images/130113/62ufarwr.png

I'm trying to adapt this design for the start center

mateus.m.luna mateus.m.luna

Re: A new old branding?

This looks better!
It's kind a mix of what I wanted with AndyFitzsimon's ones. Nice work man!
klaus-jürgen weghorn ol klaus-jürgen weghorn ol

Re: A new old branding?

Hi Alex,
Am 13.01.2013 21:34, schrieb Alexander Wilms:
> I changed the logo and added the progress bar:
> http://s1.directupload.net/images/130113/62ufarwr.png
>
> I'm trying to adapt this design for the start center

Ähhh, are we "documentfoundation.org"?

--
Grüße
k-j

anonymous anonymous

Re: A new old branding?

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Alexander Wilms Alexander Wilms

Re: A new old branding?

Thanks, Steve :)

I mailed Andy Fitzsimon and asked whether he'd relicense it under
LGPL/MPL. How much time do we have until the branding is chosen?

@k-j: I guess we aren't, will fix that

Alexander Wilms Alexander Wilms

Re: A new old branding?

Added it to the wiki, including a start center design

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

Re: A new old branding?

Hello,

May I suggest we close the contest in ten days from tomorrow?

Best,

Charles.

Alexander Wilms <[hidden email]> a écrit :

>Added it to the wiki, including a start center design
>

>--
>deleted

mirek2 mirek2

Re: A new old branding?

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 10:09 PM, Charles-H. Schulz <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> May I suggest we close the contest in ten days from tomorrow?

Jan. 25? Alright, I'll put it on the wiki and on our social sites.

Alexander Wilms Alexander Wilms

Re: A new old branding?

I just got the confirmation by Andy that he relicenses his artwork as
LGPL v3/MPL

Next » 12