About Free Software and Linux Days 2018 (OYLG'18) in Istanbul

kara kara

About Free Software and Linux Days 2018 (OYLG'18) in Istanbul

Hi all,

There will be a 2-day (in the weekend) local event in Turkey in April
(exact dates would be announced soon), and I intend to attend it; and I
would be happy to hear suggestions/ideas on how to participate in this
event as LibreOffice. (Talks, booth etc.)

If you also feel like visiting Istanbul for the event (maybe for a talk
of your own?), you are most welcome! :)

Official web page: https://ozguryazilimgunleri.org.tr/2018/
The event page on TDF wiki:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Events/2018/OYLG2018
Last year's event page on TDF wiki:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Events/2017/OYLG2017

Cheers,
Muhammet

kara kara

Re: About Free Software and Linux Days 2018 (OYLG'18) in Istanbul

Hi Italo, Mike, and all,

The date has finally been announced. Free Software and Linux Days 2018
(OYLG'18) will take place from May 12th 2018 through May 13th 2018 in
santralistanbul campus of Bilgi University. No prior registration is needed.

I'll apply for a talk, and I'll also encourage others to apply.

I'll also ask for a booth space. By the way, what about a combined booth
with GNOME? (Since there is probably limited space, and we will need
people to run the booth.)

On 03/11/2018 07:16 PM, Italo Vignoli wrote:
> I won't be able to attend, as I have a very busy quarter with
> conferences in Singapore, Indonesia and Italy, the OSI BoD meeting in
> late April, and TDF annual report.
>
> For the talk, I would focus on the announcement of LibreOffice 6.0
> (attached, the announcement presentation).

No worries. Thanks for the tip and the slides!

> For the booth, Mike is getting some new stickers.

We can use those stickers soon. :) And I appreciate if you could add the
event to the calendar.

Italo Vignoli-5 Italo Vignoli-5

On 09/04/2018 19:48, Muhammet Kara wrote:

> I'll also ask for a booth space. By the way, what about a combined booth
> with GNOME? (Since there is probably limited space, and we will need
> people to run the booth.)

I don't see any issue in partnering with GNOME for the booth, especially
if this helps both communities in being represented there in the proper
way. Thanks for organizing, Muhammet

--
Italo Vignoli - Marketing & PR
email [hidden email]

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Re: About Free Software and Linux Days 2018 (OYLG'18) in Istanbul

Hi Muhammet,

On 09/04/2018 19:48, Muhammet Kara wrote:

> The date has finally been announced. Free Software and Linux Days 2018
> (OYLG'18) will take place from May 12th 2018 through May 13th 2018 in
> santralistanbul campus of Bilgi University. No prior registration is
> needed.

Great -- I've added the details to our events calendar!

Cheers,
Mike