Add notes about LibreOffice Vanilla on the TDF/LibreOffice website

William Gathoye William Gathoye

Add notes about LibreOffice Vanilla on the TDF/LibreOffice website

Hello everyone,

Since we have been the target of fraudsters trying to repackage/resell
LibreOffice (for those who know these kind of issues have been reported
to the board), we are receiving more and more questions wrt. LibreOffice
Vanilla on the Mac App Store. Some people are asking if this is fake or
not.[1] And this is normal and we are proud they are questioning
themselves before downloading. This means our previous campaigns
(tweets) have had some success [2].

While I obviously know the answer to such a question (otherwise I would
be a bad at being a modest community manager for LibreOfficeFR), some
users are reporting this piece of info is quite hard to find especially
as for more internal details, no article has been officially published
(AFAIK) on the TDF/LibreOffice website. What we have if this summary
hosted on Michael's personal blog. [3]

Your thoughts about this? Would it be possible to make it clear on the
website the situation?

Regards,

[1] https://twitter.com/sylsyl0/status/1110209106294554625

[2] https://twitter.com/LibreOfficeFR/status/1021442742197604352

[3] https://people.gnome.org/~michael/blog/2017-11-23-itunes.html

--
William Gathoye
<[hidden email]>

Italo Vignoli-5 Italo Vignoli-5

Re: Add notes about LibreOffice Vanilla on the TDF/LibreOffice website

LibreOffice Vanilla is not released by TDF, so this is a question for the
BoD. In the past, the decision was not to mention products which were not
released by TDF on TDF web properties, but this might have changed (so the
question to the BoD is legitimate).

Of course, if we were allowed to mention these products, the information
would have been there since long time, as the questions are asked on a
regular basis.

We are obviously free to mention these products while answering to end
users on mailing lists and forums, and point them to the right web page.

---
Italo Vignoli - TDF
[hidden email]
mobile +39 348 5653829