Alfresco Alfresco Alfresco

Jeremy Cartwright Jeremy Cartwright

Alfresco Alfresco Alfresco

All,

The Alfresco site has now been tidied up. The easiest way to navigate
is choosing `Company Home/LibreOffice Documentation/catalog`. There you
will find 7 directories for each of our books. Within each of those
directories you will find 3 sub-directories - past, planned and working.

Samphan's workflow has been replicated to the 'working' sub-directories
of each of our books.

All of the chapters which were not checked out from the wiki have been
uploaded to their respective directory on alfresco.

I've also added a directory named 'various' which holds various files
(Ms. Duprey's 'Terminology and Styles' now resides there, for instance).

@Ron, You have chapter 14 and Appendix A of the Getting Started
Guide checked out in the wiki. When you are done editing can you please
upload to alfresco?

@Barbara, You have chapter 13 of the Writer Guide checked out of the
wiki. When you are done editing can you please upload to alfresco?

@David, Do I have permission to massively rewrite
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development to erase
our matrices and point to the alfresco site?

@All, Constructive criticism heartily welcomed. Documentation to aid in
getting one's feet wet with alfresco is forthcoming.

-- jdc

davidnelson davidnelson

Re: Alfresco Alfresco Alfresco

Hi Jeremy, :-)

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 01:47, Jeremy Cartwright <[hidden email]> wrote:
> @David, Do I have permission to massively rewrite
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development to erase
> our matrices and point to the alfresco site?

Yes, please do go ahead, and a very big thank you for your work on this. ;-)

David Nelson

Jean-Francois Nifenecker Jean-Francois Nifenecker

Le 22/01/2011 18:47, Jeremy Cartwright a écrit :

> The Alfresco site has now been tidied up. The easiest way to navigate
> is choosing `Company Home/LibreOffice Documentation/catalog`.

Sorry to be dumber than the average, but I can't find the root 'Company
Home' on the site. There's a "Company" link with no "home" that I could
see and a "Home" link, too but without any "Company".

Where did I goof?

--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux

Jeremy Cartwright Jeremy Cartwright

Re: Alfresco Alfresco Alfresco

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 19:13:03 +0100
Jean-Francois Nifenecker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 22/01/2011 18:47, Jeremy Cartwright a écrit :
> >
> > The Alfresco site has now been tidied up. The easiest way to
> > navigate is choosing `Company Home/LibreOffice
> > Documentation/catalog`.
>
> Sorry to be dumber than the average, but I can't find the root
> 'Company Home' on the site. There's a "Company" link with no "home"
> that I could see and a "Home" link, too but without any "Company".
>
> Where did I goof?

Quite right, Ma'am. No goof at all. I don't see as you have a username
setup, though. A username can be setup for you if you'd like. That
should allow you to see our workspace. What username do you prefer?

-- jdc

davidnelson davidnelson

Re: Alfresco Alfresco Alfresco

Hi Jean-Francois, :-)

Maybe the problem was that you did not have a user account.

I have created one for you and sent you the details by mail.

David Nelson

davidnelson davidnelson

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 02:26, Jeremy Cartwright <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Quite right, Ma'am. No goof at all. I don't see as you have a username
> setup, though. A username can be setup for you if you'd like. That
> should allow you to see our workspace. What username do you prefer?

Just done it. ;-)

And he's a "sir" actually. :-D

Le 22/01/2011 19:27, David Nelson a écrit :

> Maybe the problem was that you did not have a user account.

ahah! Good catch Jeremy and Dave!

I've got the credentials now, thanks.

I should be able to get there, but, well... I'm feeling dumber and
dumber... Where's the account login thingy?

--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux

Jeremy Cartwright Jeremy Cartwright

Re: Alfresco Alfresco Alfresco

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 19:36:15 +0100
Jean-Francois Nifenecker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Le 22/01/2011 19:27, David Nelson a écrit :
> >
> > Maybe the problem was that you did not have a user account.
> >

> ahah! Good catch Jeremy and Dave!
>
> I've got the credentials now, thanks.
>
> I should be able to get there, but, well... I'm feeling dumber and
> dumber... Where's the account login thingy?

My apologies sir! In the upper right hand corner, next to the search
box, on the page
https://documentation.traduction.biz/alfresco/faces/jsp/browse/browse.jsp

-- jdc

Ron Faile Ron Faile

On 1/22/2011 11:47 AM, Jeremy Cartwright wrote:
> @Ron, You have chapter 14 and Appendix A of the Getting Started
> Guide checked out in the wiki. When you are done editing can you please
> upload to alfresco?
Hi Jeremy,

My name is in the Publish column meaning that I've reviewed it and think
it is ready to be published. The only file I have checked out at the
moment is the Quick Reference Card 1.

Ron

Le 22/01/2011 19:53, Jeremy Cartwright a écrit :

> My apologies sir!

No problem sir ;)

>In the upper right hand corner, next to the search
> box, on the page
> https://documentation.traduction.biz/alfresco/faces/jsp/browse/browse.jsp

Now, we're almost there... The credentials I'm entering aren't valid...

FWIW, I'm trying to connect using the credentials Dave sent me, IOW: my
email address as user id and a password.

--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux

Jeremy Cartwright Jeremy Cartwright

Re: Alfresco Alfresco Alfresco

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 20:31:15 +0100
Jean-Francois Nifenecker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> FWIW, I'm trying to connect using the credentials Dave sent me, IOW:
> my email address as user id and a password.

Try jeanfrancoisnifenecker as your user id. That ought to do the job. :)

-- jdc

Jeremy Cartwright Jeremy Cartwright

Re: Alfresco Alfresco Alfresco

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 13:12:29 -0600
Ron Faile <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 1/22/2011 11:47 AM, Jeremy Cartwright wrote:
> > @Ron, You have chapter 14 and Appendix A of the Getting Started
> > Guide checked out in the wiki. When you are done editing can you
> > please upload to alfresco?
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> My name is in the Publish column meaning that I've reviewed it and
> think it is ready to be published. The only file I have checked out
> at the moment is the Quick Reference Card 1.
>
> Ron

Ah. I shall upload those chapters post haste. Re: the reference cards,
I had originally put them in the 'various' folder. Perhaps I should
create an eighth folder in catalog named Reference Cards and move them
there?

-- jdc

Le 22/01/2011 20:47, Jeremy Cartwright a écrit :

> Try jeanfrancoisnifenecker as your user id. That ought to do the job. :)

Yipiiie!

Thanks to both of you for your patience, Jeremy and Dave.

--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux

Ron Faile Ron Faile

On 1/22/2011 1:50 PM, Jeremy Cartwright wrote:
> Ah. I shall upload those chapters post haste. Re: the reference cards,
> I had originally put them in the 'various' folder. Perhaps I should
> create an eighth folder in catalog named Reference Cards and move them
> there?
>

> -- jdc

Yes, that's probably a good idea. I think there will be several more made.

Barbara Duprey Barbara Duprey

Re: Alfresco Alfresco Alfresco

On 1/22/2011 11:47 AM, Jeremy Cartwright wrote:

> All,
>
> The Alfresco site has now been tidied up. The easiest way to navigate
> is choosing `Company Home/LibreOffice Documentation/catalog`. There you
> will find 7 directories for each of our books. Within each of those
> directories you will find 3 sub-directories - past, planned and working.
>
> Samphan's workflow has been replicated to the 'working' sub-directories
> of each of our books.
>
> All of the chapters which were not checked out from the wiki have been
> uploaded to their respective directory on alfresco.
>
> I've also added a directory named 'various' which holds various files
> (Ms. Duprey's 'Terminology and Styles' now resides there, for instance).

Thanks, glad you found a home for it. Needs some updating from recent e-mail discussions, though.
I'm also wondering if the reworked template  ("LO" for "OOo") might include the additional character
styles I indicated could be helpful -- has anybody else looked at that? Too bad the style names will
have the capital-O capital-whatever combination, though, I think "Lib" would have been more
readable. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, that was a big effort, I'm sure, and will be much
appreciated.

> @Ron, You have chapter 14 and Appendix A of the Getting Started
> Guide checked out in the wiki. When you are done editing can you please
> upload to alfresco?
>
> @Barbara, You have chapter 13 of the Writer Guide checked out of the
> wiki. When you are done editing can you please upload to alfresco?

Sure. Thanks for doing the sync to the current status!

> @David, Do I have permission to massively rewrite
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development to erase
> our matrices and point to the alfresco site?
>
> @All, Constructive criticism heartily welcomed. Documentation to aid in
> getting one's feet wet with alfresco is forthcoming.

Does this include some content for the very intriguing (but empty) Workflow stuff? All I could
locate currently is the .png file taken from the wiki (or its source), and a toolbar-ish thing with
various actions that can be taken.

Alex Thurgood Alex Thurgood

Re: Alfresco Alfresco Alfresco

Le 22/01/11 18:47, Jeremy Cartwright a écrit :

Hi,

I'd like to have an ID/PWD combo if possible, because I don't see
anywhere to sign up on the alfresco start page. Did I miss something ?

Do you need my e-mail address or anything else ?

Alex

Jeremy Cartwright Jeremy Cartwright

Re: Alfresco Alfresco Alfresco

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 22:46:02 +0100
Alexander Thurgood <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 22/01/11 18:47, Jeremy Cartwright a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to have an ID/PWD combo if possible, because I don't see
> anywhere to sign up on the alfresco start page. Did I miss something ?
>
> Do you need my e-mail address or anything else ?
>
> Alex

Hi Alex,

Looks like someone set one up for you. user id alexanderthurgood. Did
you receive a password off list?

-- jdc

davidnelson davidnelson

Re: Alfresco Alfresco Alfresco

Hi Alex, :-)

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 05:46, Alexander Thurgood
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'd like to have an ID/PWD combo if possible, because I don't see
> anywhere to sign up on the alfresco start page. Did I miss something ?
>
> Do you need my e-mail address or anything else ?
>
> Alex

I created you an account and sent you the details.

David Nelson

davidnelson davidnelson

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 06:00, Jeremy Cartwright <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> Looks like someone set one up for you. user id alexanderthurgood. Did
> you receive a password off list?

Done. ;-)

David Nelson