Alfresco integration

Josh Bitto Josh Bitto

Alfresco integration

I'm using 4.2.c community of Alfresco and I'm having an issue where viewing a spreadsheet file in preview only shows it in portrait. I'm wondering if it possible to show in landscape. I've touched base in the Alfresco forums and another member suggested that I look at LibreOffice and see how it handles the document. Has anyone had issues similar to mine?

Joshua Bitto
Information Technologist
KCC

nabbler nabbler

Re: Alfresco integration

On 06/08/2013, Josh Bitto <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm using 4.2.c community of Alfresco and I'm having an issue where viewing
> a spreadsheet file in preview only shows it in portrait. I'm wondering if it
> possible to show in landscape. I've touched base in the Alfresco forums and
> another member suggested that I look at LibreOffice and see how it handles
> the document. Has anyone had issues similar to mine?

Most users are probably individuals and therefore have no need for
collaborative document management, whilst corporate users will mostly
use m$o/shareoffice. Maybe try apache open office mailing list, where
there may be a better chance of document management users within the
oracle community.

Tom Tom

Re: Alfresco integration

Hi :)
Actually it is LibreOffice that is leading the way on this
https://www.libreoffice.org/home/Discover
The video in the CMIS section might help, or might not but the voice sounds nice and it might give some ideas.

But it's still fairly rare to find people that are actually doing it and are on these lists.  It would be a good idea to contact Apache OpenOffice forums just in case there are people there.  I'm tempted to forwards this question to other list here at LO.  The marketing team might have someone that knows.

Note that while many of us are indeed individuals we also work in offices, schools/colleges, government departments and other places where we have to collaborate with other colleagues.  One of the 5 governments of Spain fairly recently migrated 70,000 desktops to Gnu&Linux due to the success of a pilot program that put 30,000 in a few years earlier and this sort of thing is on the increase across most of Europe, already happened in Brasil, and other places

Josh Bitto Josh Bitto

RE: Alfresco integration

Thank you both for your response on this matter. I will look into the suggestion that you advised and go from there. Have a great week!

Best Regards,

Josh