Alfresco: site domain name news

davidnelson davidnelson

Alfresco: site domain name news

Hi, :-)

I asked Florian to assign me the domain name alfresco.libreoffice.org
but I don't think he's willing to do that.

If you're happy working with me on the Alfresco site, we can either
keep the same domain name - documentation.traduction.biz - or I can
rename the site as libreoffice.traduction.biz.

In any case, I am perfectly happy to maintain the site as a resource
for the docs team.

But if the fact that it's not an official TDF resource is a problem
for you, then I perfectly understand. In any case, I'd be interested
to hear your points of view on this?

David Nelson

Andy Brown Andy Brown

Re: Alfresco: site domain name news

On Tue Jan 18 2011 12:50:16 GMT-0800 (PST)  David Nelson wrote:

> Hi, :-)
>
> I asked Florian to assign me the domain name alfresco.libreoffice.org
> but I don't think he's willing to do that.
>
> If you're happy working with me on the Alfresco site, we can either
> keep the same domain name - documentation.traduction.biz - or I can
> rename the site as libreoffice.traduction.biz.
>
> In any case, I am perfectly happy to maintain the site as a resource
> for the docs team.
>
> But if the fact that it's not an official TDF resource is a problem
> for you, then I perfectly understand. In any case, I'd be interested
> to hear your points of view on this?
>
> David Nelson

Hi David,

Thanks for your hard work, on this and the main web site.

I would say that it makes no difference where it is "Official" or not,
OOo manuals are produced working from a non-official web site.  If you
wish to keep the site then do as you wish.  I am sure it will not matter
to those working from it.

My 2cents.

Andy

Jeremy Cartwright Jeremy Cartwright

Re: Alfresco: site domain name news

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 04:50:16 +0800
David Nelson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ...In any case, I'd be interested
> to hear your points of view on this?
>
> David Nelson

I'm not particularly bent on any one direction, preferring to move with
the herd. It IS important to me that there is a herd and it moves to a
place they are happy.

FWIW, I installed an alfresco testbed on my machine over the weekend and
found that it is written in Java, uses MySQL as a backend, and prefers
to use OpenOffice for editing.

-- jdc

Ron Faile Ron Faile

On 1/18/2011 2:50 PM, David Nelson wrote:

> Hi, :-)
>
> I asked Florian to assign me the domain name alfresco.libreoffice.org
> but I don't think he's willing to do that.
>
> If you're happy working with me on the Alfresco site, we can either
> keep the same domain name - documentation.traduction.biz - or I can
> rename the site as libreoffice.traduction.biz.
>
> In any case, I am perfectly happy to maintain the site as a resource
> for the docs team.
>
> But if the fact that it's not an official TDF resource is a problem
> for you, then I perfectly understand. In any case, I'd be interested
> to hear your points of view on this?
>
> David Nelson

What is the possibility of installing alfresco on a TDF server? Can we
ask someone to look into it who manages them?

Ron

davidnelson davidnelson

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 10:03, Ron Faile <[hidden email]> wrote:
> What is the possibility of installing alfresco on a TDF server? Can we ask
> someone to look into it who manages them?

I'm looking into all the possible solutions with the SC. I'll be
posting back about this.

David Nelson

davidnelson davidnelson

Re: Alfresco: site domain name news

Hi, :-)

The SC decided to give me a remit to operate the Alfresco site on my
server as part of LibreOffice's infrastructure (SC confcall of Jan
21). Therefore the site will soon be running under a libreoffice.org
sub-domain (probably alfresco.libreoffice.org) as opposed to the
current documentation.traduction.biz name.

Nobody needs to do anything, it will all happen transparently
(probably over the next week or so), and documentation.traduction.biz
will automatically forward to the new domain.

So please do feel encouraged to carry on working on the Alfresco site,
and to start new projects there.

Notably, it would be great if Jeremy and Samphan can carry on with
developing the docs workflow there.

A couple of people from l10n have already been showing interest in
Alfresco, and there will probably soon be the opportunity to develop
special workflows for localization tasks, for any l10n people
interested in using Alfresco. Hopefully, Sophie Gauthier will get
involved in this, too.

Me, my free time is still taken up with the libreoffice.org website
for the next few days. After that, I'll be pulling back a lot from the
website, and will be focussing on the LibreOffice documentation
project and developing the Alfresco site.

David Nelson

davidnelson davidnelson

Re: Alfresco: site domain name news

Hi, :-)

Alfresco is now on libreoffice.org subdomains.

http://alfresco.libreoffice.org is where you'll find Alfresco Explorer.

http://documentation.libreoffice.org is where you'll find Alfresco Share.

Samphan and I will be working on both to configure things the way
people want. Please feel free to make suggestions and comments, and
we'll do our best to accommodate them.

David Nelson