Align text to bottom of footer

todd rme todd rme

Align text to bottom of footer

I want to have the bottom of the pager numbers in the footer to be at
a particular location.  Is there a way to do this?  I can only figure
out how to set the top.

-Todd

steveedmonds steveedmonds

Re: Align text to bottom of footer

I insert a frame in the footer and put the page numbers in that to
control position.
Not sure if that is what you mean.
steve

On 28/04/11 10:21 AM, todd rme wrote:
> I want to have the bottom of the pager numbers in the footer to be at
> a particular location.  Is there a way to do this?  I can only figure
> out how to set the top.
>
> -Todd

todd rme todd rme

Re: Align text to bottom of footer

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 6:30 PM, Steve Edmonds
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 28/04/11 10:21 AM, todd rme wrote:
>>
>> I want to have the bottom of the pager numbers in the footer to be at
>> a particular location.  Is there a way to do this?  I can only figure
>> out how to set the top.
>>
>> -Todd
>>
> I insert a frame in the footer and put the page numbers in that to control
> position.
> Not sure if that is what you mean.
> steve

That requires either getting the frame aligned to the bottom of the
footer or the text aligned to the bottom of the frame.  I can't figure
out how to do either.

On 2011-04-28 11:30, todd rme wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 6:30 PM, Steve Edmonds
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 28/04/11 10:21 AM, todd rme wrote:
>>
>>> I want to have the bottom of the pager numbers in the footer to be at
>>> a particular location.  Is there a way to do this?  I can only figure
>>> out how to set the top.
>>>
>>> -Todd
>>>

>> I insert a frame in the footer and put the page numbers in that to control
>> position.
>> Not sure if that is what you mean.
>> steve
>>

> That requires either getting the frame aligned to the bottom of the
> footer or the text aligned to the bottom of the frame.  I can't figure
> out how to do either.
>
> -Todd

I must not be understanding your requirement correctly.
Are you talking about Writer or Calc.
steve

todd rme todd rme

Re: Align text to bottom of footer

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 9:02 PM, Steve Edmonds
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2011-04-28 11:30, todd rme wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 6:30 PM, Steve Edmonds
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I must not be understanding your requirement correctly.
> Are you talking about Writer or Calc.
> steve

Writer, sorry.  I want to have the bottom edge of the page number at a
particular, consistent location on every page.  I can get it to set
the top edge easily enough, but I can't figure out how to get it to
work for the bottom edge.

On 2011-04-28 14:54, todd rme wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 9:02 PM, Steve Edmonds
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 2011-04-28 11:30, todd rme wrote:

>> I must not be understanding your requirement correctly.
>> Are you talking about Writer or Calc.
>> steve
>>
> Writer, sorry.  I want to have the bottom edge of the page number at a
> particular, consistent location on every page.  I can get it to set
> the top edge easily enough, but I can't figure out how to get it to
> work for the bottom edge.
>
> -Todd

Hi. Is the footer content variable.
I created a page with footer, with the cursor in the footer I inserted a
frame to the footer, I inserted the field page number.
Then I turned the frame outline off. I select the frame and right click
and anchor to paragraph. I move the frame and position it so that the
bottom of the text is at the bottom of the footer. This is consistent
then on all pages. If the footer content varies (you add a line) the
frame may need re-positioning as the frame seems to attach to the bottom
or second to bottom line in the footer. Adding more lines above the
second to bottom does not affect the position of the page number.
If the visible text can be slightly above the bottom of the footer (i.e.
so the bottom of say a small 'g' would touch the bottom of the footer)
then the frame may not be necessary.

Jay Lozier Jay Lozier

Re: Align text to bottom of footer

Todd

On Wed, 2011-04-27 at 22:54 -0400, todd rme wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 9:02 PM, Steve Edmonds
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On 2011-04-28 11:30, todd rme wrote:

> > I must not be understanding your requirement correctly.
> > Are you talking about Writer or Calc.
> > steve
>
> Writer, sorry.  I want to have the bottom edge of the page number at a
> particular, consistent location on every page.  I can get it to set
> the top edge easily enough, but I can't figure out how to get it to
> work for the bottom edge.
>
> -Todd

I was able to set the page number location by using tab stops and
tabbing the number to the stop.

My method was to Insert then Footer and accept default
Then Insert Page Number
--
Jay Lozier

todd rme todd rme

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 11:40 PM, planas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Todd
>
> On Wed, 2011-04-27 at 22:54 -0400, todd rme wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 9:02 PM, Steve Edmonds
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > I must not be understanding your requirement correctly.
>> > Are you talking about Writer or Calc.
>> > steve
>>
>> Writer, sorry.  I want to have the bottom edge of the page number at a
>> particular, consistent location on every page.  I can get it to set
>> the top edge easily enough, but I can't figure out how to get it to
>> work for the bottom edge.
>>
>> -Todd
>>

> I was able to set the page number location by using tab stops and
> tabbing the number to the stop.
>
> My method was to Insert then Footer and accept default
> Then Insert Page Number

I think that got it to work, but I wish there was an option to do it
automatically.

-Todd