An info graphic

drew-gmail drew-gmail

An info graphic

Howdy,

I was poking around under the shared marketing area on the TDF nextcloud
server and came across an odg file for a 'Get Involved Infographic', dated
from 2016 and in Spanish - I took the liberty of translating the text to
English and then made my own take on the graphics.

Put a copy of the result up on the server at
https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/BrP8xERfkE7e28i

The background image is original art btw, you can use it as you like.

The odg and gimp file used to produce this are not on the server there, but
I can certainly put them there in a zip file?

Anway, just thought I'd share.

Best wishes,

Drew

drew-gmail drew-gmail

Re: An info graphic

Howdy Daniel,

The file I started from is in the 'Shared -> Common -> Marketing -> ES'
folder named 'Get_involved_infographic_ES.odg'.

I just wanted a quick graphic for a post on G+, which I just now used it
for, so thanks for your help with that then ;-)

Best wishes,

Drew

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 5:56 PM Daniel A. Rodriguez <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think you're referring to a file I uploaded. It's from this year, a
> translation made by Carlos Parra Saldivar from Cuba.
> Original file, in english, was shared by Mike on private marketing group.
>
> El jue., 18 de oct. de 2018 17:56, Drew Jensen <[hidden email]>
> escribió:
>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> I was poking around under the shared marketing area on the TDF nextcloud
>> server and came across an odg file for a 'Get Involved Infographic', dated
>> from 2016 and in Spanish - I took the liberty of translating the text to
>> English and then made my own take on the graphics.
>>
>> Put a copy of the result up on the server at
>> https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/BrP8xERfkE7e28i
>>
>> The background image is original art btw, you can use it as you like.
>>
>> The odg and gimp file used to produce this are not on the server there,
>> but
>> I can certainly put them there in a zip file?
>>
>> Anway, just thought I'd share.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Drew

drew-gmail drew-gmail

Re: An info graphic

Thanks!

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 7:15 PM Daniel A. Rodriguez <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Glad to help, however the original file is in
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Get_involved_general.odg
>

> El jue., 18 de oct. de 2018 19:08, Drew Jensen <[hidden email]>
> escribió:
>
>> Howdy Daniel,
>>
>> The file I started from is in the 'Shared -> Common -> Marketing -> ES'
>> folder named 'Get_involved_infographic_ES.odg'.
>>
>> I just wanted a quick graphic for a post on G+, which I just now used it
>> for, so thanks for your help with that then ;-)
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Drew
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 5:56 PM Daniel A. Rodriguez <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > I think you're referring to a file I uploaded. It's from this year, a
>> > translation made by Carlos Parra Saldivar from Cuba.
>> > Original file, in english, was shared by Mike on private marketing
>> group.
>> >
>> > El jue., 18 de oct. de 2018 17:56, Drew Jensen <
>> [hidden email]>

>> nextcloud
>> dated

Sreekanth V K Sreekanth V K

Re: An info graphic

Good work Drew. I will be good if we use the LibreOffice's Green theme across the image and background. Currently only for numeric 4 and bottom only have the color. In addition to that, due to the background image, it is little difficult to read the writings in white. It will be great if you could make some changes to increase readability and color theme.
Thanks.

Sincerely,
Sreekanth V K

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

On Friday, October 19, 2018 6:19 AM, Drew Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks!
>
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 7:15 PM Daniel A. Rodriguez <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Glad to help, however the original file is in
> > https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Get_involved_general.odg
> > El jue., 18 de oct. de 2018 19:08, Drew Jensen [hidden email]
> > escribió:
> >
> > > Howdy Daniel,
> > > The file I started from is in the 'Shared -> Common -> Marketing -> ES'
> > > folder named 'Get_involved_infographic_ES.odg'.
> > > I just wanted a quick graphic for a post on G+, which I just now used it
> > > for, so thanks for your help with that then ;-)
> > > Best wishes,
> > > Drew

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Re: An info graphic

Hi Drew,

Many thanks for that! As Daniel mentioned, that's something we made
earlier this year, already in English:

https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2018/09/11/four-ways-you-can-make-libreoffice-even-better/

Not sure why the Spanish version appears to date from 2016, but maybe
some kind of date glitch on the server... If you have any other ideas
for infographics based on that design, feel free to try them out :-)

Cheers,
Mike

On 18/10/2018 22:55, Drew Jensen wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I was poking around under the shared marketing area on the TDF nextcloud
> server and came across an odg file for a 'Get Involved Infographic', dated
> from 2016 and in Spanish - I took the liberty of translating the text to
> English and then made my own take on the graphics.
>
> Put a copy of the result up on the server at
> https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/BrP8xERfkE7e28i
>
> The background image is original art btw, you can use it as you like.
>
> The odg and gimp file used to produce this are not on the server there, but
> I can certainly put them there in a zip file?
>
> Anway, just thought I'd share.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Drew

drew-gmail drew-gmail

Re: An info graphic

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 4:26 AM Sreekanth V K <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good work Drew. I will be good if we use the LibreOffice's Green theme
> across the image and background. Currently only for numeric 4 and bottom
> only have the color. In addition to that, due to the background image, it
> is little difficult to read the writings in white. It will be great if you
> could make some changes to increase readability and color theme.

OK - try this one
https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/tsxnPfyHxr3oRSy

That's it for today, other things to attend to.

Drew.

Sreekanth V K Sreekanth V K

Re: An info graphic

Readability increased. Great work Drew.