Application for Membership page

Jean Weber Jean Weber

Application for Membership page

This may be the wrong list for this topic, but I think it does reflect
badly on our marketing efforts, or at least efforts to attract new
contributors and TDF members.

I looked at the application & renewal page on the TDF website.
https://www.documentfoundation.org/governance/members/application/
It has as a required field "Salutation" with only two choices: "Mrs"
and "Mr". Both of these do NOT apply to me. And why is this a required
field? What difference does it make? I recommend that this page be
revised.

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
TDF member

Gustavo Buzzatti Pacheco Gustavo Buzzatti Pacheco

Re: Application for Membership page

Hi Jean!

 Probably I'm the only MC member who aren't sleeping this moment, so let me
say that we got your renewal mail at the MC mailing list, mentioning this
specific topic.

 The form is maintained by the MC, but a review after some time is always
important and, of course, we can do it with a marketing approach.

 Until I know, this field (as a mandatory information) are there since the
first version of the form. We have planned to change some parts of it (in
order to the GDPR compliance for example), but nothing related with this
field yet. With your mail, be sure that we will put it into the discussion!
:)

Thanks for your message!

Regards,
Gustavo