Ask help about recent directories

David MartinezRamirez David MartinezRamirez

Ask help about recent directories

Hi!

I would like to ask for a change in programming: "Open File menu item"

I need to be able to open a recent file by frequency of use (of
files), instead of (last used).

I have many directories and files to open and each time I need to open
a file, the directory is not the last one I used, and I have to search
for it manually, and it is too slow to find.

And also configure the program to remember the image directory (Insert
Image menu), because it changes also (Was it working good before?,
perhaps is my own computer...).

I hope this could be solved by an automatic program and improve the
user experience.

Thank you

Jean-Francois Nifenecker Jean-Francois Nifenecker

Re: Ask help about recent directories

Hi Dave,

Le 28/08/2019 à 00:56, David MartinezRamirez a écrit :

> Hi!
>
> I would like to ask for a change in programming: "Open File menu item"
>
> I need to be able to open a recent file by frequency of use (of
> files), instead of (last used).
>
> I have many directories and files to open and each time I need to open
> a file, the directory is not the last one I used, and I have to search
> for it manually, and it is too slow to find.
>
> And also configure the program to remember the image directory (Insert
> Image menu), because it changes also (Was it working good before?,
> perhaps is my own computer...).
>
> I hope this could be solved by an automatic program and improve the
> user experience.

do you know of LibreOffice dialogs selection option?

See Tools > Options > LibreOffice > General, Open/Save dialogues, Use
LibreOffice dialogues checkbox.

This option replaces the OS Open/Save dialogues with LibreOffice own
ones. These have a Preferred Listbox on the left which should be what
you're looking for.

My two euro-cents,
--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux

Jean-Francois Nifenecker Jean-Francois Nifenecker

Re: Ask help about recent directories

Dave,

Le 28/08/2019 à 06:25, jean-francois a écrit :

> do you know of LibreOffice dialogs selection option?
>
> See Tools > Options > LibreOffice > General, Open/Save dialogues, Use
> LibreOffice dialogues checkbox.
>
> This option replaces the OS Open/Save dialogues with LibreOffice own
> ones. These have a Preferred Listbox on the left which should be what
> you're looking for.

Johnny Rosenberg has pointed me that the said option doesn't exist any
more in the recent LibreOffice versions.

I'm using version 5.4 :(

I've checked in v.6.2 and, yes, it is not there any more :(

Now this option is carefully hidden in the expert configuration pane (uh?).

Tools > Options > LibreOffice > Advanced, click "Open Expert
Configuration" button.

In the org.openoffice.Office.Common branch (easiest is to enter "dialog"
in the search bar at the top), you get a bunch of entries. One of them
is "Misc" with a property of "UseSystemFileDialog". Set it to False
(double-click) to get the LibreOffice Open/Save dialogs I was talking about.

Thanks again to Johnny for debugging my message.

Best,
--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux

Johnny Rosenberg Johnny Rosenberg

Re: Ask help about recent directories

Den ons 28 aug. 2019 kl 19:03 skrev jean-francois <
[hidden email]>:

> Dave,
>
> Le 28/08/2019 à 06:25, jean-francois a écrit :
> >
> > do you know of LibreOffice dialogs selection option?
> >
> > See Tools > Options > LibreOffice > General, Open/Save dialogues, Use
> > LibreOffice dialogues checkbox.
> >
> > This option replaces the OS Open/Save dialogues with LibreOffice own
> > ones. These have a Preferred Listbox on the left which should be what
> > you're looking for.
> >

> Johnny Rosenberg has pointed me that the said option doesn't exist any
> more in the recent LibreOffice versions.

Actually I intended to reply to the group, but I accidentally replied
directly to you, sorry for that, I didn't mean to.

I'm using version 5.4 :(

> I've checked in v.6.2 and, yes, it is not there any more :(
>
> Now this option is carefully hidden in the expert configuration pane (uh?).
>
> Tools > Options > LibreOffice > Advanced, click "Open Expert
> Configuration" button.
>
> In the org.openoffice.Office.Common branch (easiest is to enter "dialog"
> in the search bar at the top), you get a bunch of entries. One of them
> is "Misc" with a property of "UseSystemFileDialog". Set it to False
> (double-click) to get the LibreOffice Open/Save dialogs I was talking
> about.
>

> Thanks again to Johnny for debugging my message.

I was just interested to know the same thing as the original poster, so I
tried to follow your suggestion. Thanks to your updated reply I finally
found it and after using the LibreOffice dialogues for a couple of minutes
now I can say that it looks promising. I think I will use LibreOffice's
dialogues from now on. Thanks!

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg