Banner for AMA and 6.1 release

Next » 12
htietze htietze

Banner for AMA and 6.1 release

Hi all,

I got asked if the design team can prepare a nice advertising banner for the upcoming Ask-Me-Anything (AMA) session on Reddit. We could combine this with an announcement to the 6.1 release - so far there is no new artwork at all. The cubes are not on discussion until 7.0 but maybe we can play with the basic idea. Creative people, stand up please.

Best regards,
Heiko

K-J LibreOffice K-J LibreOffice

Re: Banner for AMA and 6.1 release

Am 24.07.2018 um 17:40 schrieb Heiko Tietze:
> Hi all,
>
> I got asked if the design team can prepare a nice advertising banner for the upcoming Ask-Me-Anything (AMA) session on Reddit. We could combine this with an announcement to the 6.1 release - so far there is no new artwork at all. The cubes are not on discussion until 7.0 but maybe we can play with the basic idea. Creative people, stand up please.

Timeline (except "ASAP")?
Sizes?

--
Grüße
k-j

Member of TheDocumentFoundation
https://www.documentfoundation.org/governance/members/
https://de.libreoffice.org
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/

htietze htietze

Re: Banner for AMA and 6.1 release

Of course ASAP (AMA is scheduled a week after release of 6.1 which is in the week Aug-06 to 12). Size has not been specified, it's supposed to be placed on our website.

On 24.07.2018 17:44, K-J LibreOffice wrote:
> Am 24.07.2018 um 17:40 schrieb Heiko Tietze:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I got asked if the design team can prepare a nice advertising banner for the upcoming Ask-Me-Anything (AMA) session on Reddit. We could combine this with an announcement to the 6.1 release - so far there is no new artwork at all. The cubes are not on discussion until 7.0 but maybe we can play with the basic idea. Creative people, stand up please.
>
> Timeline (except "ASAP")?
> Sizes?

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Re: Banner for AMA and 6.1 release

Hello,

On 24/07/2018 17:55, Heiko Tietze wrote:

> Of course ASAP (AMA is scheduled a week after release of 6.1 which is in the week Aug-06 to 12).

Actually the "Ask me (us) Anything" is planned for the day after the
release, to get the most attention. Basically, various members of the
TDF team and LibreOffice community will be around to answer questions
about the release. We did something similar back in September and it was
very popular:

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/72zm5a/we_are_the_document_foundation_and_the/

Mike

jan-3 jan-3

Re: Banner for AMA and 6.1 release

If site is not clear yet - can an example banner be given? - that way, the
designer would know that this format has worked already.

Jan

Heiko Tietze <[hidden email]> schrieb am Di., 24. Juli 2018, 17:05:

> Of course ASAP (AMA is scheduled a week after release of 6.1 which is in
> the week Aug-06 to 12). Size has not been specified, it's supposed to be
> placed on our website.
>
> On 24.07.2018 17:44, K-J LibreOffice wrote:
> > Am 24.07.2018 um 17:40 schrieb Heiko Tietze:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I got asked if the design team can prepare a nice advertising banner
> for the upcoming Ask-Me-Anything (AMA) session on Reddit. We could combine
> this with an announcement to the 6.1 release - so far there is no new
> artwork at all. The cubes are not on discussion until 7.0 but maybe we can
> play with the basic idea. Creative people, stand up please.
> >
> > Timeline (except "ASAP")?
> > Sizes?

htietze htietze

Re: Banner for AMA and 6.1 release

Without any input I would create a banner like this https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2018/07/03/join-the-final-bug-hunting-session-for-libreoffice-6-1/ with just textual information.

On 26.07.2018 17:38, jan d wrote:

> If site is not clear yet - can an example banner be given? - that way, the designer would know that this format has worked already.
>
> Jan
>
> Heiko Tietze <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> schrieb am Di., 24. Juli 2018, 17:05:
>
>     Of course ASAP (AMA is scheduled a week after release of 6.1 which is in the week Aug-06 to 12). Size has not been specified, it's supposed to be placed on our website.
>
>     On 24.07.2018 17:44, K-J LibreOffice wrote:
>     > Am 24.07.2018 um 17:40 schrieb Heiko Tietze:
>     >> Hi all,
>     >>
>     >> I got asked if the design team can prepare a nice advertising banner for the upcoming Ask-Me-Anything (AMA) session on Reddit. We could combine this with an announcement to the 6.1 release - so far there is no new artwork at all. The cubes are not on discussion until 7.0 but maybe we can play with the basic idea. Creative people, stand up please.
>     >
>     > Timeline (except "ASAP")?
>     > Sizes?
>     >
>

>     --

Dr. Heiko Tietze
UX designer
Tel. +49 (0)179/1268509

Am 26.07.2018 um 12:01 schrieb Mike Saunders:
> On 24/07/2018 17:55, Heiko Tietze wrote:
>>
>> Of course ASAP (AMA is scheduled a week after release of 6.1 which is in the week Aug-06 to 12).
>
> Actually the "Ask me (us) Anything" is planned for the day after the
> release, to get the most attention.

Ahhh "The day after" [1].

So it is 09/08/2018 ?!
And so we need the banner latest on 08/08/2018 ?!

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_After

--
Grüße
k-j

Member of TheDocumentFoundation
https://www.documentfoundation.org/governance/members/
https://de.libreoffice.org
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/

K-J LibreOffice K-J LibreOffice

Banner for AMA and 6.1 release

Am 24.07.2018 um 17:40 schrieb Heiko Tietze:
> Hi all,
>
> I got asked if the design team can prepare a nice advertising banner for the upcoming Ask-Me-Anything (AMA) session on Reddit. We could combine this with an announcement to the 6.1 release - so far there is no new artwork at all. The cubes are not on discussion until 7.0 but maybe we can play with the basic idea. Creative people, stand up please.

So, here is my first proposal.
At the beginning of the week or earlier:
https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/ot5XMf8EnbeQznH

When we will have the time:
https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/zcFXJHFxJ5eGo9H

--
Grüße
k-j

Member of TheDocumentFoundation
https://www.documentfoundation.org/governance/members/
https://de.libreoffice.org
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/

htietze htietze

Re: Banner for AMA and 6.1 release

Thanks for the first proposal. But wouldn't it make more sense to keep the original banner as much as possible and replace just the text?

On 27.07.2018 20:52, K-J LibreOffice wrote:

> Am 24.07.2018 um 17:40 schrieb Heiko Tietze:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I got asked if the design team can prepare a nice advertising banner for the upcoming Ask-Me-Anything (AMA) session on Reddit. We could combine this with an announcement to the 6.1 release - so far there is no new artwork at all. The cubes are not on discussion until 7.0 but maybe we can play with the basic idea. Creative people, stand up please.
>
> So, here is my first proposal.
> At the beginning of the week or earlier:
> https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/ot5XMf8EnbeQznH
>
> When we will have the time:
> https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/zcFXJHFxJ5eGo9H

--
Dr. Heiko Tietze
UX designer
Tel. +49 (0)179/1268509

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Re: Banner for AMA and 6.1 release

On 27/07/2018 17:49, K-J LibreOffice wrote>>
>> Actually the "Ask me (us) Anything" is planned for the day after the
>> release, to get the most attention.
>
> Ahhh "The day after" [1].
>
> So it is 09/08/2018 ?!

Hah! The reason I was being vague is, in case the release date slips for
any reason ;-)

Mike

htietze htietze

Re: Banner for AMA and 6.1 release

So here is my proposal https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/mHS4w5Z9JtPqnL7 (we are running out of time).

Am 01.08.2018 um 23:53 schrieb Heiko Tietze:
> So here is my proposal https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/mHS4w5Z9JtPqnL7 (we are running out of time).

Seems to be the wrong link (I get tdf-lo61icons.odt).

> On 28.07.2018 16:40, Heiko Tietze wrote:
>> Thanks for the first proposal. But wouldn't it make more sense to keep the original banner as much as possible and replace just the text?

>>> So, here is my first proposal.
>>> At the beginning of the week or earlier:
>>> https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/ot5XMf8EnbeQznH
>>>
>>> When we will have the time:
>>> https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/zcFXJHFxJ5eGo9H

--
Grüße
k-j

Member of TheDocumentFoundation
https://www.documentfoundation.org/governance/members/
https://de.libreoffice.org
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/

htietze htietze

Re: Banner for AMA and 6.1 release

Sorry, lets try this one https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/xqy7L57DRPGpF2S

On 02.08.2018 07:38, K-J LibreOffice wrote:
> Am 01.08.2018 um 23:53 schrieb Heiko Tietze:
>> So here is my proposal https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/mHS4w5Z9JtPqnL7 (we are running out of time).
>
> Seems to be the wrong link (I get tdf-lo61icons.odt).

Rosmaninho Rosmaninho

Re: Banner for AMA and 6.1 release

That looks really nice. :D

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 8:30 AM Heiko Tietze <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry, lets try this one
> https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/xqy7L57DRPGpF2S
>
> On 02.08.2018 07:38, K-J LibreOffice wrote:
> > Am 01.08.2018 um 23:53 schrieb Heiko Tietze:
> >> So here is my proposal
> https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/mHS4w5Z9JtPqnL7 (we are
> running out of time).
> >
> > Seems to be the wrong link (I get tdf-lo61icons.odt).

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Re: Banner for AMA and 6.1 release

Hi Heiko,

Heiko Tietze wrote on 02-08-18 09:29:
> Sorry, lets try this one https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/xqy7L57DRPGpF2S

I understand and support that you add LibreOffice. Isn't the Reddit logo
in the O of our trade mark a bit too much, however?

Cheers,
Cor

--
Cor Nouws
- volunteer https://www.libreoffice.org

On 02/08/2018 11:59, Cor Nouws wrote:

> I understand and support that you add LibreOffice. Isn't the Reddit logo
> in the O of our trade mark a bit too much, however?

Our branding best practices do indeed discourage from adding things
inside the logo:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#Guidelines_and_Best_Practices

Mike

Am 02.08.2018 um 09:29 schrieb Heiko Tietze:
> Sorry, lets try this one

I would not say that I like it, but here is my proposal based on Heiko's:
https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/43nqWWYajY4FnSc

I needed to make the banner a little bit longer. Otherwise it doesn't
fit in.

--
Grüße
k-j

Member of TheDocumentFoundation
https://www.documentfoundation.org/governance/members/
https://de.libreoffice.org
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/

htietze htietze

Re: Banner for AMA and 6.1 release

Please upload again.

Internal Server Error

The server was unable to complete your request.

If this happens again, please send the technical details below to the server administrator.

More details can be found in the server log.
Technical details

    Remote Address: 89.247.78.44
    Request ID: oFjSbBakNhpLQkhZOjcd

Am 03.08.2018 um 12:23 schrieb Heiko Tietze:
> Please upload again.

https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/cx4PT3zrPMkCKHW
or
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibO61_Reddit-AMA_k-j.odg

It seems that neither nextcloud nor wiki can handle with .fodg

--
Grüße
k-j

Member of TheDocumentFoundation
https://www.documentfoundation.org/governance/members/
https://de.libreoffice.org
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/

htietze htietze

Re: Banner for AMA and 6.1 release

Nice variant. I dislike the extra space between 6 and 1, maybe it looks better when you put both into  the logo (however it is actually sacrosanct). And unless there are no objections, comments, or proposals from the design team we should go with this.