Bar codes in LO 5 and or 6?

Roderick Anderson Roderick Anderson

Bar codes in LO 5 and or 6?

I need to print some custom asset tags.  Small quantity for a non-profit
(US 501(3)(C)).

My search foo has not been good.  I found several LO extensions but the
one I like best - barcode_1.3.5.0.oxt - doesn't work.  I get the
following message from Extension Manager when I try to add it.

(com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException) { { Message = "<class
'AttributeError'>: module 'uno_component' has no attribute
'writeRegistryInfo', traceback follows\X000a  File
\"/opt/libreoffice6.0/program/pythonloader.py\", line 152, in
writeRegistryInfo\X000a    return mod.writeRegistryInfo(
self.ctx.ServiceManager, regKey )\X000a\X000a", Context =
(com.sun.star.uno.XInterface) @0 } }

Is this fixable by a mere mortal? :-)  Pointers to how to fix it
appreciated.

At least one of the 2d code generators works but I'd prefer bar codes.
Old fashion you know.

I have a code3of9 font I could use as long as I remember to add the
pre-/post-fix characters to the text I'm encoding.  (Been a long time
since I did this stuff - 1995?)  I'd have to go looking again.

Any other suggestions on getting bar codes into LO documents?

TIA,
Rod

Mauricio Baeza-4 Mauricio Baeza-4

Re: Bar codes in LO 5 and or 6?

On Sat, 7 Sep 2019 14:20:41 -0700, Roderick Anderson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I need to print some custom asset tags.  Small quantity for a non-profit
> (US 501(3)(C)).
>
> My search foo has not been good.  I found several LO extensions but the
> one I like best - barcode_1.3.5.0.oxt - doesn't work.  I get the
> following message from Extension Manager when I try to add it.

The code in this extension is very old.

> Any other suggestions on getting bar codes into LO documents?

Yes, we must writer a new extension, maybe I can help you with this. Send me a document like exactly you need and I evaluate.

Best regards

steveedmonds steveedmonds

Re: Bar codes in LO 5 and or 6?

Hi. I am printing code 128 barcodes using a couple of macros in my
document and code128 font.
steve

On 08/09/2019 09:20, Roderick Anderson wrote:

> I need to print some custom asset tags.  Small quantity for a
> non-profit (US 501(3)(C)).
>
> My search foo has not been good.  I found several LO extensions but
> the one I like best - barcode_1.3.5.0.oxt - doesn't work.  I get the
> following message from Extension Manager when I try to add it.
>
> (com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException) { { Message = "<class
> 'AttributeError'>: module 'uno_component' has no attribute
> 'writeRegistryInfo', traceback follows\X000a  File
> \"/opt/libreoffice6.0/program/pythonloader.py\", line 152, in
> writeRegistryInfo\X000a    return mod.writeRegistryInfo(
> self.ctx.ServiceManager, regKey )\X000a\X000a", Context =
> (com.sun.star.uno.XInterface) @0 } }
>
> Is this fixable by a mere mortal? :-)  Pointers to how to fix it
> appreciated.
>

> At least one of the 2d code generators works but I'd prefer bar codes.
> Old fashion you know.
>
> I have a code3of9 font I could use as long as I remember to add the
> pre-/post-fix characters to the text I'm encoding.  (Been a long time
> since I did this stuff - 1995?)  I'd have to go looking again.
>
> Any other suggestions on getting bar codes into LO documents?
>

> TIA,
> Rod

Roderick Anderson Roderick Anderson

Re: Bar codes in LO 5 and or 6?

Steve,

That sounds great.  Are you willing/able to share those macros?  And
where did you get the code128 font?

Rod