Base Firebird reserved words

Paul D. Mirowsky Paul D. Mirowsky

Base Firebird reserved words

I have recently been battling with the change to Firebird.

When using query, I would continuously get some form of
'isc_dsql_prepare' errors.

As it turns out, I repeatedly used "Select" as a field name within "Tables".

Changing the field names from "Select" to "Selection" has eliminated all
of the 'isc_dsql_prepare' errors.

I checked the reserved words for Firebird 2.5 and 3.0.  "Select" is a
reserved keyword in 2.5.

My suspicion is that there is some kind of misinterpretation during the
analysis of field name vs keyword when opening and/or using a query.

Can someone confirm that Firebird keywords should never be used as field
names.

Thanks

Paul

drew-gmail drew-gmail

Re: Base Firebird reserved words

Howdy,

Just tried this using the latest build (yesterday) of 6.3 and created a
table with two three fields named; id, Select and Integer.

Used query designer to generate this SQL select statement
SELECT "id", "Select", "Integer" FROM "tblKeyWords"
and it is working as expected.

Perhaps you mean you are passing an SQL string as a prepared statement in a
Basic macro? If that is it then if you could share the line of Basic and
will take a look for you, if you like.

Best wishes,

Drew