Base Java Mac

PascalH PascalH

Base Java Mac

Second message, sorry for the noise, but I have not read that I could not use attachments.

Hello everybody,

French, newbie.
I’m trying to use Base. I have installed Oracle JDK 12.0.1, but when I try to build a database I get an error message.

I join two URL on my Google Drive :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MzManv_KDNo7L7wPaIHjF4SFjpiiYQGg/view?usp=sharing
showing that everything seems ok with Java

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ta1A3KJ2DZk3iANFlFahhYIdPyEqDDuZ/view?usp=sharing
showing the error message that I can translate (more or less right) as : the pilot class of « …" could not be loaded. The class pathway of the supplementary pilot is  « …… "

Thank you.

Pascal
MacBook 13, Mojave. LO 6152
Alex Thurgood Alex Thurgood

Re: Base Java Mac

Le 12/06/2019 à 09:09, PascalH a écrit :

Hi Pascal,

Are you by any chance trying to connect to an external hsqldb.jar ?

Have you tried the same operation with an Oracle JDK 11 ?

I don't have any problems creating an embedded hsqldb ODB file on macOS
Mojave with Oracle JDK 11, but there might well be a problem with Oracle
JDK 12.

More info, please.

There is also bug 121925, which might be relevant here, if you are using
an external hsqldb.jar

Alex

PascalH PascalH

Re: Base Java Mac

Hello,

Thanks for your quick answer.

I'm not trying " to connect to an external hsqldb.jar", I dont even know
what that means, just trying to create tables in a database created by the
assistant of LO.
 I have not seen JDK 11 on Oracle web site, just Java SE 11, is it the same
?

Pascal

Le 12/06/2019 à 12:55, PascalH a écrit :

> I'm not trying " to connect to an external hsqldb.jar", I dont even know
> what that means, just trying to create tables in a database created by the
> assistant of LO.
OK, no matter then, you can ignore that question.

>  I have not seen JDK 11 on Oracle web site, just Java SE 11, is it the
same
> ?

Oracle's change in Java licensing for business use has forced me to use
the OpenJDK instead of Java SE, and it appears that version 11 of the
OpenJDK for macOS has been replaced by version 12. Let me download it
and test.

Alex

Alex Thurgood Alex Thurgood

Re: Base Java Mac

Le 12/06/2019 à 12:55, PascalH a écrit :

Hi Pascal,

For what its worth, I encounter the same problem as you with

Version: 6.2.3.2
Build ID: aecc05fe267cc68dde00352a451aa867b3b546ac
Threads CPU : 8; OS : Mac OS X 10.14.5; UI Render : par défaut; VCL: osx;
Locale : fr-FR (fr_FR.UTF-8); Langue IHM : fr-FR
Calc: threaded

and

OpenJDK 12.01

You need to remove Java 12 and try and find a Java 11 SDK that you can
use instead.

Alex

PascalH PascalH

Re: Base Java Mac

Okay.

I had to register with Oracle to download  JSE11.

Done, installed and everything seems okay with Base.

Thousand thanks.

Pascal

Alex Thurgood Alex Thurgood

Re: Base Java Mac

Le 12/06/2019 à 13:33, PascalH a écrit :

Hi Pascal,

The issue has been fixed starting from LO 6.2.4.2 and future 6.3. It
will not be fixed for the LO 61 series.

Alex

PascalH PascalH

Re: Base Java Mac

Hi,

Thank for the info.
Actually I'll stay with JDK 11, waiting for new uptdate of  LO for Mac.

Pascal

William Gathoye (LibreOffice) William Gathoye (LibreOffice)

Re: Base Java Mac

On 13/06/2019 10:50, PascalH wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank for the info.
> Actually I'll stay with JDK 11, waiting for new uptdate of  LO for Mac.

For what is worth mentioning is that the LibreOffice update checker
should already have proposed to you to download at least a 6.2 series.
The 6.1.x is not maintained any more now. :/

Here is the request that is crafted from a 6.1.5.2 on macOS:

$ curl -A "LibreOffice 6.1.5.2
(90f8dcf33c87b3705e78202e3df5142b201bd805; MacOSX; X86_64; )"
https://update.libreoffice.org/check.php
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<inst:description xmlns:inst="http://update.libreoffice.org/description">
  <inst:id>LibreOffice 6.2.8</inst:id>
  <inst:gitid>f82ddfca21ebc1e222a662a32b25c0c9d20169ee</inst:gitid>
  <inst:os>MacOSX</inst:os>
  <inst:arch>X86_64</inst:arch>
  <inst:version>6.2.8</inst:version>
  <inst:buildid>9999</inst:buildid>
  <inst:update type="text/html"
src="https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/?lang=en-US&amp;version=6.2.8&amp;pk_campaign=update"
/>
</inst:description>

I'm curious about knowing if the latest version of LibreOffice allows to
use the latest OpenJDK Java version (12 or 13) on macOS. This will help
me answering LibreOffice users on macOS asking us questions on Twitter
[1] or via our Ask French based instance. :) [2]

Regards,

[1] https://twitter.com/LibreOfficeFR

[2] https://ask.libreoffice.org/fr/

--
William Gathoye
Hyper<hack>tive volunteer for LibreOffice

William Gathoye (LibreOffice) William Gathoye (LibreOffice)

Re: Base Java Mac

I know this topic is quite old :) But I'm still interested about the
answer (especially abut the supported Java version) :)

And wrt. the statement about the upgrade process, I checked and the
6.2.8 might not have been pushed at that time via the update checker
service. My bad :/

--
William Gathoye
Hyper<hack>tive volunteer for LibreOffice
Proud member of The Document Foundation
Member of LaMouette - French based association promoting ODF and LibreOffice

Alex Thurgood Alex Thurgood

Re: Base Java Mac

Le 25/11/2019 à 20:53, William Gathoye (LibreOffice) a écrit :

Hi William,

> I'm curious about knowing if the latest version of LibreOffice allows to
> use the latest OpenJDK Java version (12 or 13) on macOS. This will help
> me answering LibreOffice users on macOS asking us questions on Twitter
> [1] or via our Ask French based instance. :) [2]

I use OpenJDK 12 on macOS, it is recognized by LO6332 and LO6282.

Alex

Alex Thurgood Alex Thurgood

Re: Base Java Mac

Le 25/11/2019 à 21:04, William Gathoye (LibreOffice) a écrit :

I would add that one really annoying thing is that you can't have both
LO6282 and LO6332 on macOS launched alternately, without being asked to
reconfigure Java each time...

Alex