Base: check boxes in forms lost after update

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Albrecht Dreß Albrecht Dreß
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Base: check boxes in forms lost after update

Hi all,

after updating LibreOffice on a Debian stretch system to 6.1.0.2 (build-ID 1:6.1.0~rc2-3~bpo9+1), all check boxes in data base forms are lost, and it looks as if the icons for form controls toolbar are partly lost (see attached screen shot, German locale, i.e. “Markierfeld” is the newly added check box).

Furthermore, I see many messages like

(soffice:22104): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_window_set_icon_list: icons too large

on the console – not sure if this is related.

Is this a “known” issue, for Debian at least?  Any idea how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance
Albrecht.
--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
drew-gmail drew-gmail
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Base: check boxes in forms lost after update

Hi,

First the mailing list does not support binary attachments, so the screen
shot is not available. (if you want to share those you need to push them up
to an on-line location and share the url)

As for the form controls, they have changed homes - some of the controls
that in earlier versions where on the 'More Controls' toolbar are now on
the 'Form Controls' toolbar.

I'm using Ubuntu 18.04 and Libo 6.1 RC3 from the tdf download, I'm having
no problem here working with check box controls on Base forms,

So, what might be different from your environment and mine - I'm using GTK2
not 3, what about you?

//drew





On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 12:28 PM Albrecht Dreß <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> after updating LibreOffice on a Debian stretch system to 6.1.0.2 (build-ID
> 1:6.1.0~rc2-3~bpo9+1), all check boxes in data base forms are lost, and it
> looks as if the icons for form controls toolbar are partly lost (see
> attached screen shot, German locale, i.e. “Markierfeld” is the newly added
> check box).
>
> Furthermore, I see many messages like
>
> (soffice:22104): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_window_set_icon_list: icons too large
>
> on the console – not sure if this is related.
>
> Is this a “known” issue, for Debian at least?  Any idea how I can fix it?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Albrecht.
> --
> To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
> Problems?
> https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
> Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
> Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
>

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Robert Großkopf Robert Großkopf
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Base: check boxes in forms lost after update

In reply to this post by Albrecht Dreß
Hi Albrecht,
>
> after updating LibreOffice on a Debian stretch system to 6.1.0.2
> (build-ID 1:6.1.0~rc2-3~bpo9+1), all check boxes in data base forms are
> lost, and it looks as if the icons for form controls toolbar are partly
> lost (see attached screen shot, German locale, i.e. “Markierfeld” is the
> newly added check box).

You are using a special Debian-build of LO, made from a
release-candidate of LO. The released version of de.libreoffice.org is
6.1.0.3

Try to install this version parallel to the Debian-version.

Open the form for editing, open the formnavigator and have a look. Do
you see the checkboxes here and not in the form?

Regards

Robert
--
Homepage: http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de
LibreOffice Community: http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de/map_3


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Albrecht Dreß Albrecht Dreß
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Base: check boxes in forms lost after update

In reply to this post by drew-gmail
Am 09.08.18 19:03 schrieb(en) Drew Jensen:
> First the mailing list does not support binary attachments, so the screen shot is not available. (if you want to share those you need to push them up to an on-line location and share the url)

Ooops – it's here: <http://www.mynetcologne.de/~nc-dreszal/LO_Checkbox.png>, showing the toolbar, and the effect after adding the check box (“Markierfeld”): it appears, with the default title, but /without/ the actual check box control.

> As for the form controls, they have changed homes - some of the controls that in earlier versions where on the 'More Controls' toolbar are now on the 'Form Controls' toolbar.

The effect also appears for a bigger project for accessing a PostgreSQL data base.  The forms document has been created with an older Libreoffice version (5.2, iirc), but it worked just fine (apart from bug #115619) with 6.0, too.  With 6.1, the check box controls are gone, with only the titles remaining.  Apparently still operational if I click on it (the field in the database changes), but no visible control.

> I'm using Ubuntu 18.04 and Libo 6.1 RC3 from the tdf download, I'm having no problem here working with check box controls on Base forms,

O.k., will try that version (at work, i.e. tomorrow).

> So, what might be different from your environment and mine - I'm using GTK2 not 3, what about you?

I use XFCE on both the Debian and the Ubuntu boxes, with both Gtk+-2.0 and Gtk+-3.0 being available.

Thanks,
Albrecht.
--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Robert Großkopf Robert Großkopf
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Base: check boxes in forms lost after update

Hi Albrecht,

could be it is this bug:
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=105463
... but it has been fixed a year ago ...

Try to set the style of the box to 3D.

Regards

Robert
--
Homepage: http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de
LibreOffice Community: http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de/map_3


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Albrecht Dreß Albrecht Dreß
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Base: check boxes in forms lost after update

In reply to this post by Robert Großkopf
Am 09.08.18 19:26 schrieb(en) Robert Großkopf:
> You are using a special Debian-build of LO, made from a
> release-candidate of LO. The released version of de.libreoffice.org is
> 6.1.0.3

Ok. I made a quick test with a freshly installed Stretch vm:
* The package 6.1.0.2 / build-ID 1:6.1.0~rc2-3~bpo9+1 (actually coming from stretch-backports) is definitely broken, i.e. doesn't show the check box forms (also broken in writer), but
* the “official” tarball of deb's from de.libreoffice.org *does* work as expected.

So it's time to file a Debian bug report!

Thanks a lot for your help,
Albrecht.
--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Alex Thurgood Alex Thurgood
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Base: check boxes in forms lost after update

Le 09/08/2018 à 20:56, Albrecht Dreß a écrit :

Hi Albrecht,

> So it's time to file a Debian bug report!

There is already an ongoing discussion about this problem on the LO-dev
mailing list.


Alex


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy