Base - hiding a push button conditionally

Egbert Eissing Egbert Eissing

Base - hiding a push button conditionally

 p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%; }I have the followingArrangement:The main form of the document is (oForm), and there is a subform (oMangForm).On the subform, thereis a push-button, which I wish to hide under certain conditions.I have carefullyread all the documents available to me, but I could not find a clueon how to do that. Hereis a code snipped:
 oDoc =ThisComponent oDrawpage =oDoc.drawpage oForm =oDrawpage.forms.getByName("startMenu") oComputerNameBox =oForm.getByName("computerName") oMangForm =oForm.getByName("mangForm") oMangFormLbl =oMangForm.getByName("mangFormLbl") oMangFormLbl.Label= ("Management") oMangFormSupplBtn =oMangForm.getByName("oMangFormSupplBtn")  REM Error:com.sun.star.container.NoSuchElement oMangFormSupplBtn.setVisible(false)
My problems are onlythe last 2 lines. I would be veryhappy if someone could get me a hint on how to accomplish this.Thanks for helpingand regards, Egbert

Noel Noel

Re: Base - hiding a push button conditionally

Hi Egbert,

I run Windows 10 and an H2 database so your system could be be different to
mine.

It looks like you may have used "oMangFormSupplBtn" as the form name in the
2nd last line, rather than "MangFormSupplBtn".  Check out the correct name
for the Form.

Also if your last line does not work, I have had good success with -
        oMangFormSupplBtn.EnableVisible = TRUE
        oMangFormSupplBtn.EnableVisible = FALSE

As I say, this might not work for you, but maybe worth a try.

Noel

--
Marion & Noel Lodge
[hidden email]

Noel Noel

Re: Base - hiding a push button conditionally

Hi Egbert,

Glad that EnableVisible worked for you.  Probably 90% of my macro code I've
borrowed from others via the net!  But I don't remember where I found
EnableVisible.

I often find that I get an error after changing macro code - I think that
the editing process must change something in LibreOffice's code.  So I
usually make a point of restarting LO and then testing the change.  It may
not always be necessary, but I think it stops a lot of head scratching!

Has anybody else had similar experiences?

Noel
--
Noel Lodge
[hidden email]