Base: problem with where clause in a select query.

Egbert Eissing Egbert Eissing

Base: problem with where clause in a select query.

I must be doingsomething wrong: Here is the where clause of my select query within amacro:
WHERE ""EmployeeID""='" + sEmployeeID + "' AND ""ItemValue""<> '0' AND ""MidOrEndMonth"" = '0'")
Instead of returningthe table rows where “ItemValue” IS NOT “0”, it returns therows where the “ItemValue” IS “0”. On the other hand, if Iplace this query into the query editor, it returns all the rowscorrectly.
I would appreciateif someone could point out to me how the syntax could be improved tothat the correct rows are being collected.
Thanks for yourhelp.Egbert

Andreas Säger Andreas Säger

Re: Base: problem with where clause in a select query.

Am 25.01.2016 um 10:28 schrieb Egbert Eissing:

> I must be doingsomething wrong: Here is the where clause of my select query within amacro:
> WHERE ""EmployeeID""='" + sEmployeeID + "' AND ""ItemValue""<> '0' AND ""MidOrEndMonth"" = '0'")
> Instead of returningthe table rows where “ItemValue” IS NOT “0”, it returns therows where the “ItemValue” IS “0”. On the other hand, if Iplace this query into the query editor, it returns all the rowscorrectly.
> I would appreciateif someone could point out to me how the syntax could be improved tothat the correct rows are being collected.
> Thanks for yourhelp.Egbert

Macros are a no-go. Simply use parameter queries. Before you try to
concatenate an SQL statement in stupid Basic, you should test the
statement in the query designer. Then debug your Basic code. Test if the
SQL string is exactly the same string that does work in the GUI.