Basic IDE Right Click

Bill Martin Bill Martin

Basic IDE Right Click

I'm using the latest version of Libre under XP and under Win7.  When I open a Libre Calc spreadsheet I can right click anywhere and I get a menu as one would expect.

However under XP if I then open the Basic IDE and edit a macro, the right click does not do anything.  I can't copy/paste using the right click for example.  It works properly under Win7, but fails to work under XP.

Do I need to touch some configuration setting or something to fix this?  Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks.

Bill
TomD TomD

Re: Basic IDE Right Click

Hi :)
It "should" work the same in Xp.  So something weird has happened.
One of the first things to try when something weird happens is to
rename your User Profile as that might well fix the problem quite
easily
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile

On 24 February 2014 06:12, Bill Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm using the latest version of Libre under XP and under Win7.  When I open a
> Libre Calc spreadsheet I can right click anywhere and I get a menu as one
> would expect.
>
> However under XP if I then open the Basic IDE and edit a macro, the right
> click does not do anything.  I can't copy/paste using the right click for
> example.  It works properly under Win7, but fails to work under XP.
>
> Do I need to touch some configuration setting or something to fix this?
> Does this sound familiar to anyone?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bill

Bill Martin Bill Martin

Re: Basic IDE Right Click

Thanks for the pointer Tom, but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

So for no good reason I went in and uninstalled Libre from the XP machine which seemed to take a loooong time, but eventually completed as expected.  No error messages.  It left tons of files laying around the machine though so I manually deleted everything I could find.  Then I rebooted XP.

Finally I downloaded fresh install files from LibreOffice.org (4.2.1.1) and reinstalled them.  At that point things seem to work properly.  I'll have to use it some to verify, but the original problem is resolved.

Thanks.

Bill
Andrew Pitonyak Andrew Pitonyak

Re: Basic IDE Right Click

So the problem was likely related to your user profile... If the problem
occurs again, try renaming your user profile while LO is not running and
then restart LO.

On 02/26/2014 05:10 PM, Bill Martin wrote:

> Thanks for the pointer Tom, but that doesn't seem to make any difference.
>
> So for no good reason I went in and uninstalled Libre from the XP machine
> which seemed to take a /loooong/ time, but eventually completed as expected.
> No error messages.  It left tons of files laying around the machine though
> so I manually deleted everything I could find.  Then I rebooted XP.
>
> Finally I downloaded fresh install files from LibreOffice.org (4.2.1.1) and
> reinstalled them.  At that point things seem to work properly.  I'll have to
> use it some to verify, but the original problem is resolved.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bill

Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php

Bill Martin Bill Martin

Re: Basic IDE Right Click

Actually no.  That's what Tom suggested, and which I tried first.  Libre
regenerated a new profile but still had the same problem.

Bill
On 2/26/2014 6:19 PM, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak [via Document Foundation Mail
Archive] wrote:
> So the problem was likely related to your user profile... If the problem
> occurs again, try renaming your user profile while LO is not running and
> then restart LO.

TomD TomD

Re: Basic IDE Right Click

Hi :)
+1
Sorry, yes.  Renaming the UserProfile is usually the easiest thing to
try so it's a good first step.  It doesn't always work.

Sometimes a reinstall is needed to fix registry issues and other
issues that have nothing to do with the usual settings,
configurations, extensions, galleries and all that.  Bill possibly
went a step further and got rid of the UserProfile again along with
other stuff as part of the reinstall.  It's highly likely that he
didn't need to go quite that far but sometimes the nuke option is the
best way to make certain.

On 27 February 2014 01:28, Bill Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Actually no.  That's what Tom suggested, and which I tried first.  Libre
> regenerated a new profile but still had the same problem.
>
> Bill
> On 2/26/2014 6:19 PM, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak [via Document Foundation Mail
> Archive] wrote:
>> So the problem was likely related to your user profile... If the problem
>> occurs again, try renaming your user profile while LO is not running and
>> then restart LO.

TomD TomD

Re: Basic IDE Right Click

Hi :)
Oops, i meant "Bill possibly went a step further than he needed" but
as i said that is sometimes best because it ensures there's nothing
odd left lurking anywhere.

When using that tactic people often forget to reboot after doing the
uninstall and deletions and in Windows that has sometimes meant odd
things slipping through.  The last time i had that was with the
program "Sage" about 2 decades ago.  Somehow a trace of sage was left
in my rubbish bin so when i tried to reinstall Sage it installed into
my rubbish bin!!  The other 20 installs of Sage had gone really
smoothly but there's always 1 odd machine that goes a bit crazy.