Becoming an OIN licensee?

spaetz spaetz

Becoming an OIN licensee?

Hi. I am usually immune to conspiracy theories, but have we thought about
becoming an OIN Licensee? If we do it before the Novell sale, we get a
permanent license for the Novell-Donated patents (and others) as reported
on groklaw. If you check the latest lwn.net news entry, it seems the
patents will go to MS and Oracle, and being protected can't hurt.

Doesn't cost anything either.

Thoughts?
Sebastian

Michael Meeks Michael Meeks

Re: Becoming an OIN licensee?

Hi there,

On Thu, 2010-12-16 at 08:52 -0800, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi. I am usually immune to conspiracy theories, but have we thought
> about becoming an OIN Licensee ?

        In a word; yes - watch this space ...

        ATB,

                Michael.