Beginner

Rakshit Tiwari Rakshit Tiwari

Beginner

Hello Sir / Ma`am
   I am a 2nd year bachelor of technology student at IIT Guwahati India. Added to it, I am a highly enthusiastic programmer and I want to get into the world of open source. I really don`t know how to start or from where to start? Please guide me so that I can also be a part of the this amazing community.

Thank you

Regards
Rakshit Tiwari

julien2412 julien2412

Re: Beginner

Hi,

If you go on official LO website (https://www.libreoffice.org/), there's "Community" menu with "Get involved" link:
https://www.libreoffice.org/community/get-involved/

Julien
Shinnok Shinnok

Re: Beginner

LibreOffice is mostly built using C++ but there's many more things you could do to contribute. Assuming you are interested in development first, you could start by setting up a build on your system and proceed using the information bellow.

Getting involved:

Instructions on how to setup a build as well as other useful starter info can be found on the Wiki:

The next step would be to pick one of the many issues open in bugzilla that have been tagged with easy-hack, which is described here:

Also in the upper link you have an outline of the process for submitting patches for review. Gerrit is available at:

This is just a quick primer, if you get stuck, need help or anything in between please e-mail this list or hop on to irc at freenode.net on channel #libreoffice-dev.

Regards,
Shinnok