Behavioural questions

Oskar Olsson Oskar Olsson

Behavioural questions

Can I make a whiteboard for the icon sketches for the Version 4 features
page? Is there a template somewhere or do I just copy some other
whiteboard-page?

Is there any description on how to interact with the different whiteboard
topics? The different categories represent different levels of completion,
but what level? Can I add proposals to the shaping tentative design and
blueprint category or are they locked down?

Also, I have never use mailing lists before. Are there any guidelines on
how to use them? I tried to respond to mails I got but I don't know how
many people I am actually "talking" to.

regards/Oskar

marcpare4 marcpare4

Re: Behavioural questions

Hi Oskar

Le 2013-06-29 04:15, Oskar Olsson a écrit :
> Also, I have never use mailing lists before. Are there any guidelines on
> how to use them? I tried to respond to mails I got but I don't know how
> many people I am actually "talking" to.
>
> regards/Oskar

When responding, make sure that you are responding to the group and not
the individual. It should then post on the mailing list -- this is of
course as long as you are registered properly to the mailing list.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré
[hidden email]

Fitoschido Fitoschido

Re: Behavioural questions

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 3:15 AM, Oskar Olsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Also, I have never use mailing lists before. Are there any guidelines on
> how to use them? I tried to respond to mails I got but I don't know how
> many people I am actually "talking" to.

Of course: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette

In GMail you can tell who are you sending your message to. And the
"Reply to All" button is useful:
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6585?hl=en&ref_topic=1669018

--
Adolfo

mirek2 mirek2

Re: Behavioural questions

Hi Oskar,

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Oskar Olsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can I make a whiteboard for the icon sketches for the Version 4 features
> page? Is there a template somewhere or do I just copy some other
> whiteboard-page?
>
> Is there any description on how to interact with the different whiteboard
> topics? The different categories represent different levels of completion,
> but what level? Can I add proposals to the shaping tentative design and
> blueprint category or are they locked down?

So, we're generally stingy when creating whiteboards. We usually create
them only when developers approach us with a task or when we agree that
something is so important that it will need to be implemented sooner or
later.

If you've been approached by someone from the Document Foundation about the
icons, feel free to make a whiteboard. If not, please put them on your user
page for now [1]. We can then see what the website people have planned and
create a whiteboard based on their needs.

> Also, I have never use mailing lists before. Are there any guidelines on
> how to use them? I tried to respond to mails I got but I don't know how
> many people I am actually "talking" to.
>
> regards/Oskar

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:[username] (if you don't have
one, create one)