Brainstorming on Virtual Activities

Italo Vignoli-6 Italo Vignoli-6

Brainstorming on Virtual Activities

Given the current unfortunate situation, where most of us are confined
in their house because of the virus, we should increase our activity on
social media to balance for the lack of presence in the real world.

I would like to organize a brainstorming about virtual activities during
next week, to discuss about potential projects online which can replace
what we are missing.

This is my tentative list of ideas:

1. Reddit AMA, not only on the global open source/free software channel
but also on local national IT channels, to be repeated after every major
announcement

2. Monthly webinar on a specific topic, to help individuals start using
LibreOffice and companies start moving to LibreOffice (one hour)

3. Podcasts focused on specific aspects of LibreOffice (10 minutes)

4. Weekly how-to blog posts covering specific issues, or introducing new
features (we could get a list of topics from questions on Ask)

5. Educational articles on publishing platforms such as Medium, to cover
topics which could get a better traction if published in a neutral page:
why companies should pay for free software, how free software deals with
quality and security, contributing to free software, etc.

I expect to get other proposals from people reading this message, to
have a list of topics to discuss during a conference call. Please send
them by replying to this email by the end of next week (Sunday, April 5)
to have them included in the agenda for the Marketing Conference Call
scheduled for Thursday, April 9, at 3PM CEST.

Thanks, Italo

mobile/signal +39.348.5653829 - email [hidden email]
hangout/jabber [hidden email] - skype italovignoli
GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0