Branding 6.0

Next » 12
Heiko Tietze-2 Heiko Tietze-2

Branding 6.0

Hi all,

so far no proposal has been submitted for the branding of the next
LibreOffice version. To start the discussion I shared the idea with
hexagons at https://discourse.opensourcedesign.net/t/branding-libreoffice-6-0/175.
Unfortunately drawn very badly from the technical perspective - and
maybe as well not really creative. Pretty sure you can do much better!

Please help to make the next branding really cool.

Cheers,
Heiko

kainz.a kainz.a

Re: Branding 6.0

Hi,

I like the triangle very much and you can see them also in the LibreOffice
webpage so it look like the marketing group also like them. In general I
would use the NEW mascot for the 6.0 branding.

cheers
Andreas

> Hi all,
>
> so far no proposal has been submitted for the branding of the next
> LibreOffice version. To start the discussion I shared the idea with
> hexagons at https://discourse.opensourcedesign.net/t/
> branding-libreoffice-6-0/175.
> Unfortunately drawn very badly from the technical perspective - and
> maybe as well not really creative. Pretty sure you can do much better!
>
> Please help to make the next branding really cool.
>
> Cheers,
> Heiko

K-J LibreOffice K-J LibreOffice

Re: Branding 6.0

Hi Heiko, all,
I started some first proposals with the old stuff of LibO5 and changing
the broken rules (wrong space, wrong font):

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:K-j/Drafts/Design/LibO6

I think we can better proposals, but as long as we don't have one...

--
Grüße
k-j

Member of TheDocumentFoundation
https://www.documentfoundation.org/governance/members/
https://de.libreoffice.org

Am 23.05.2017 um 16:51 schrieb Heiko Tietze:
> Hi all,
>
> so far no proposal has been submitted for the branding of the next
> LibreOffice version. To start the discussion I shared the idea with
> hexagons at https://discourse.opensourcedesign.net/t/branding-libreoffice-6-0/175.
> Unfortunately drawn very badly from the technical perspective - and
> maybe as well not really creative. Pretty sure you can do much better!
>
> Please help to make the next branding really cool.

Is it possible to have a second, fixed font in branding [1]? Of course
not in the logo but e.g. in the banners or our No. "6" etc.

Our marketing (and some of the design) team is working with many
different fonts.

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#Fonts

--
Grüße
k-j

Member of TheDocumentFoundation
https://www.documentfoundation.org/governance/members/
https://de.libreoffice.org
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/

Heiko Tietze-2 Heiko Tietze-2

Re: Branding 6.0

The vegur font is still the default branding font. I just used
Liberation Mono for the 6 at the two Windows installer images, which
doesn't qualifies for another default font IMHO.

Am 24.07.2017 um 14:38 schrieb Heiko Tietze:
> The vegur font is still the default branding font. I just used
> Liberation Mono for the 6 at the two Windows installer images, which
> doesn't qualifies for another default font IMHO.

Of course. And especially the marketing team uses this or that or an
other font for their stuff. Mostly without providing or even telling the
font.
If we have a second default font (e.g Liberation Mono or something else)
for our marketing things we would get some continuity.
Or we make a list of fonts which should/could be used in official LibO
flyers, banners, annual reports etc. Otherwise we will get some day an
official Comic Sans flyer.

--
Grüße
k-j

Member of TheDocumentFoundation
https://www.documentfoundation.org/governance/members/
https://de.libreoffice.org
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/

K-J LibreOffice K-J LibreOffice

Re: Branding 6.0

Hi all,
Heiko provided the new series 6 for branding [1]. Thanks for that.

I played a little bit with the image [2] and the banner [3]. It isn't
final but only a proposal to work with if you are interested.

IMO we should be consequent in our design and leave the "5" branding.

[1]
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#LibreOffice_6.0_series
[2]
https://demo.collaboracloudsuite.com/tdfnextcloud/index.php/s/pTkY6KEStGEpQVo
[3]
https://demo.collaboracloudsuite.com/tdfnextcloud/index.php/s/PH8qtbIed8o3NPD

--
Grüße
k-j

Member of TheDocumentFoundation
https://www.documentfoundation.org/governance/members/
https://de.libreoffice.org
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Re: Branding 6.0

On 24/07/2017 15:01, K-J LibreOffice wrote:
> Am 24.07.2017 um 14:38 schrieb Heiko Tietze:
>> The vegur font is still the default branding font. I just used
>> Liberation Mono for the 6 at the two Windows installer images, which
>> doesn't qualifies for another default font IMHO.
>
> Of course. And especially the marketing team uses this or that or an
> other font for their stuff. Mostly without providing or even telling the
> font.

OK, guilty as charged :-) I do use Vegur often but sometimes Liberation
Sans as an alternative. In any case, if you want to settle on an
official second font, we will be more consistent with it in future.

Mike

Italo Vignoli-6 Italo Vignoli-6

Re: Branding 6.0

On 25/07/2017 15:24, Mike Saunders wrote:

> OK, guilty as charged :-) I do use Vegur often but sometimes Liberation
> Sans as an alternative. In any case, if you want to settle on an
> official second font, we will be more consistent with it in future.

Vegur was supposed to be the logo font, and not the document font (and
as such has never been used for documents, also because it was missing
international characters at the time of the fork).

For documents, we have always used LibreOffice supplied fonts, and
especially Liberation Serif and Source Serif.

mobile/signal +39.348.5653829 - email [hidden email]
hangout/jabber [hidden email] - skype italovignoli
GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0

jan-3 jan-3

Re: Branding 6.0

Hi K-J,

I like the take on the cubes. The gray gradient in the background,
though has the typical problem of simple rectangular gradients: It looks
star-ish for some reason (optical illusion?). Probalby it is better to
gaussian-blur it or so.

Jan

Am 25.07.2017 um 07:53 schrieb K-J LibreOffice:

> Hi all,
> Heiko provided the new series 6 for branding [1]. Thanks for that.
>
> I played a little bit with the image [2] and the banner [3]. It isn't
> final but only a proposal to work with if you are interested.
>
> IMO we should be consequent in our design and leave the "5" branding.
>

> [1]
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#LibreOffice_6.0_series
>
> [2]
> https://demo.collaboracloudsuite.com/tdfnextcloud/index.php/s/pTkY6KEStGEpQVo
>
> [3]
> https://demo.collaboracloudsuite.com/tdfnextcloud/index.php/s/PH8qtbIed8o3NPD

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Re: Branding 6.0

K-J LibreOffice wrote on 25-07-17 07:53:

> I played a little bit with the image [2] and the banner [3]. It isn't
> final but only a proposal to work with if you are interested.
>
> IMO we should be consequent in our design and leave the "5" branding.
>

> [1]
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#LibreOffice_6.0_series
>
> [2]
> https://demo.collaboracloudsuite.com/tdfnextcloud/index.php/s/pTkY6KEStGEpQVo
>
> [3]
> https://demo.collaboracloudsuite.com/tdfnextcloud/index.php/s/PH8qtbIed8o3NPD

I do like them!
Thanks,
Cor

--
Cor Nouws
- vrijwilliger http://nl.libreoffice.org

Heiko Tietze-2 Heiko Tietze-2

Re: Branding 6.0

Hi KJ,

only positive resonance, so let's do it. Either you submit the patched
images or provide me access to the source files (should be merged into
the zip on the wiki too). Please also test Jan's blur suggestion
before.

Cheers,
Heiko

> Hi K-J,
>
> I like the take on the cubes. The gray gradient in the background,
> though has the typical problem of simple rectangular gradients: It looks
> star-ish for some reason (optical illusion?). Probalby it is better to
> gaussian-blur it or so.
>
> Jan
>

> Am 25.07.2017 um 07:53 schrieb K-J LibreOffice:
>> Hi all,
>> Heiko provided the new series 6 for branding [1]. Thanks for that.
>>
>> I played a little bit with the image [2] and the banner [3]. It isn't
>> final but only a proposal to work with if you are interested.
>>
>> IMO we should be consequent in our design and leave the "5" branding.
>>

>> [1]
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding#LibreOffice_6.0_series
>>
>> [2]
>> https://demo.collaboracloudsuite.com/tdfnextcloud/index.php/s/pTkY6KEStGEpQVo
>>
>> [3]
>> https://demo.collaboracloudsuite.com/tdfnextcloud/index.php/s/PH8qtbIed8o3NPD

K-J LibreOffice K-J LibreOffice

Re: Branding 6.0

Hi all,
I'm fighting with Draw. I don't get what I really want to have.

Here are some proposals for the image:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:K-j/Drafts/Design/LibO6#cubes

@ Heiko: I will send you the svgs when we have a image.

--
Grüße
k-j

Member of TheDocumentFoundation
https://www.documentfoundation.org/governance/members/
https://de.libreoffice.org
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/

Heiko Tietze-2 Heiko Tietze-2

Re: Branding 6.0

Iirc these images are raster graphics. And size matters. Just share the odg file and let me do the rest.

On August 6, 2017 4:07:38 PM GMT+02:00, K-J LibreOffice <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi all,
>I'm fighting with Draw. I don't get what I really want to have.
>
>Here are some proposals for the image:
>https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:K-j/Drafts/Design/LibO6#cubes
>
>@ Heiko: I will send you the svgs when we have a image.
>
>Am 02.08.2017 um 14:43 schrieb Heiko Tietze:
>> Hi KJ,
>>
>> only positive resonance, so let's do it. Either you submit the
>patched
>> images or provide me access to the source files (should be merged
>into
>> the zip on the wiki too). Please also test Jan's blur suggestion
>> before.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Heiko

>>> Hi K-J,
>>>
>>> I like the take on the cubes. The gray gradient in the background,
>>> though has the typical problem of simple rectangular gradients: It
>looks
>>> star-ish for some reason (optical illusion?). Probalby it is better
>>> gaussian-blur it or so.
>>>
>>> Jan
>

>--
>Grüße
>k-j
>
>Member of TheDocumentFoundation
>https://www.documentfoundation.org/governance/members/
>https://de.libreoffice.org
>https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/
>
>--
>deleted

Heiko Tietze-2 Heiko Tietze-2

Re: Branding 6.0

Just for completeness: the patch is merged in master as well at the wiki.

--
Dr. Heiko Tietze
UX designer

kainz.a kainz.a

Re: Branding 6.0

great work all together.

look really good. well done
Andreas_K

Gabriele Ponzo Gabriele Ponzo

Re: Branding 6.0

From the wiki page I prefer V3.

It's also funny the dice idea, but in that case the circles should be
better shaped in perspective.

By the way I'd leave that for informal situations.

Il 8 ago 2017 11:41 PM, "kainz.a" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> great work all together.
>
> look really good. well done
> Andreas_K

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Re: Branding 6.0

Gabriele Ponzo wrote on 09-08-17 00:05:

>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:K-j/Drafts/Design/LibO6#cubes>
> From the wiki page I prefer V3.

Same for me - had a look two days ago and now I still feel the same.
Only visual it gives me the idea that the 6 should turn clockwise one or
two degrees.. Prolly because the font and the placing in the background.

Ciao,

--
Cor Nouws
- vrijwilliger http://nl.libreoffice.org
- volunteer http://www.libreoffice.org

Line Line

Re: Branding 6.0

Hi dear LibreOffice team,

I'm newbie on this mailing-list, and I don't know if I'm allowed to tell
my humble opinion.

First of all, a big sorry for my english, I'm French (the best argument
ever ;-))
Second, a big Thanks to all of you for your contribution to make
LibreOffice better.

I'm graphic designer (speciallity webdesign) and I've got a suggestion
to share, based on the nice work done by K-J.

Best regards,

Line

Le 09/08/2017 à 10:20, Cor Nouws a écrit :

> Gabriele Ponzo wrote on 09-08-17 00:05:
>
>>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:K-j/Drafts/Design/LibO6#cubes>
>>  From the wiki page I prefer V3.
> Same for me - had a look two days ago and now I still feel the same.
> Only visual it gives me the idea that the 6 should turn clockwise one or
> two degrees.. Prolly because the font and the placing in the background.
>
> Ciao,

kainz.a kainz.a

Re: Branding 6.0

Welcome Line,