Broken 6.0.1.1 installation

Darrell Darrell

Broken 6.0.1.1 installation

I managed somehow to break LibreOffice 6.0.1.1 in a very strange way.
Background: I had installed 6.0.0.3 in parallel to the default LibreOffice 5
on Ubuntu Mate 17.10. When LO 6 became available from the Ubuntu repository
I uninstalled 6.0.0.3 and let the updater install 6.0.0.3 over the top of LO
5. The installation was subsequently upgraded to 6.0.1.1.

Now LO crashes if I start it and click on File->Open.... It also crashes
(and automatically restarts!) if I start it and click on File->Exit
LibreOffice. However, if I first open a file from the Recent Documents menu
OR let LO recover the untouched empty default document I can then open files
with File->Open... or exit without prompting a crash.

The error message simply says "Due to an unexpected error, LibreOffice
crashed." No clue as to the nature of the error. Anyone have any suggestions
as to how to fix this problem or where to look for further information?

--
Sent from: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Users-f1639498.html

Jean-Baptiste Faure-3 Jean-Baptiste Faure-3

Re: Broken 6.0.1.1 installation

Le 17/02/2018 à 05:07, Darrell a écrit :

> I managed somehow to break LibreOffice 6.0.1.1 in a very strange way.
> Background: I had installed 6.0.0.3 in parallel to the default LibreOffice 5
> on Ubuntu Mate 17.10. When LO 6 became available from the Ubuntu repository
> I uninstalled 6.0.0.3 and let the updater install 6.0.0.3 over the top of LO
> 5. The installation was subsequently upgraded to 6.0.1.1.
>
> Now LO crashes if I start it and click on File->Open.... It also crashes
> (and automatically restarts!) if I start it and click on File->Exit
> LibreOffice. However, if I first open a file from the Recent Documents menu
> OR let LO recover the untouched empty default document I can then open files
> with File->Open... or exit without prompting a crash.
>
> The error message simply says "Due to an unexpected error, LibreOffice
> crashed." No clue as to the nature of the error. Anyone have any suggestions
> as to how to fix this problem or where to look for further information?

Did you try to rename your LO profile ? It is in ~/.config/libreoffice

Best regards.
JBF

Disclaimer: my Internet Provider being located in France, each of our
exchanges over Internet will be scanned by French spying services.

Darrell Darrell

Re: Broken 6.0.1.1 installation

Jean-Baptiste Faure-3 wrote

> Le 17/02/2018 à 05:07, Darrell a écrit :
>> LO crashes if I start it and click on File->Open.... It also crashes
>> (and automatically restarts!) if I start it and click on File->Exit
>> LibreOffice.
>>
>> The error message simply says "Due to an unexpected error, LibreOffice
>> crashed." No clue as to the nature of the error. Anyone have any
>> suggestions
>> as to how to fix this problem or where to look for further information?
>
> Did you try to rename your LO profile ? It is in ~/.config/libreoffice
>
> Best regards.
> JBF

I had not tried that. That fixes my problem. I no longer have anything on
the
File->Recent Documents list (of course), but File->Open now works correctly.
Thank you for the suggestion.

--
Sent from: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Users-f1639498.html

krackedpress krackedpress

On 02/17/2018 10:33 PM, Darrell wrote:

> Jean-Baptiste Faure-3 wrote
>> Le 17/02/2018 à 05:07, Darrell a écrit :
>>> LO crashes if I start it and click on File->Open.... It also crashes
>>> (and automatically restarts!) if I start it and click on File->Exit
>>> LibreOffice.
>>>
>>> The error message simply says "Due to an unexpected error, LibreOffice
>>> crashed." No clue as to the nature of the error. Anyone have any
>>> suggestions
>>> as to how to fix this problem or where to look for further information?
>> Did you try to rename your LO profile ? It is in ~/.config/libreoffice
>>
>> Best regards.
>> JBF
> I had not tried that. That fixes my problem. I no longer have anything on
> the
> File->Recent Documents list (of course), but File->Open now works correctly.
> Thank you for the suggestion.
>

> --
> Sent from: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Users-f1639498.html

I have had to do the "rename" option with other versions when the
profile gets messed up. Most often it was from a printer profile getting
corrupted.  There were other issues, but if there is a problem with LO
and I cannot get it fixed, I use the "rename" profile option and it
fixes most of them.