Building a LibreOffice Master Document via a Script

zerubbabel zerubbabel

Building a LibreOffice Master Document via a Script

Before I take the time to learn any of the available scripting options, I'd
like to know whether what I have in mind to do is even possible. I hope to
write a script to create a new master document from a template, and then
import a set of .odt files (listed in a separate file) as chapters of that
master document. Then it would create a a table of contents and export a pdf
of that completed master document. Before importing each .odt file, it would
have to define a unique page style for that document. The name of that page
style would be derived from its filename. It would also have to insert a
blank page after every document that ends on an odd-numbered page, so that
each chapter would always begin on an odd-numbered page. So what I am asking
is whether this degree of control is possible with any of the scripting
options.

Miguel Alvarez Miguel Alvarez

Re: Building a LibreOffice Master Document via a Script

Mmmh! It seems to be, that you are actually looking for LaTeX or
R-markdown....

Email Signature
*Miguel Alvarez
* Research Associate