Built in metric/imperial conversion

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
jonathon-6 jonathon-6
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Built in metric/imperial conversion

All:

What happened to the built in metric/imperial unit function. This was
usable in write.

Configuration used to be at
>Tools >Options >Language Settings >[I've forgotten what this was called]

jonathon

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Udvarias Ur Udvarias Ur
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Built in metric/imperial conversion

jonathon,

First, what does Language Settings have measurement units?

Second, if I correctly understood what you're getting at, you can find
it in Tools → Options → LibreOffice Writer → General → Settings →
Measurement Unit.

On 2020-02-19 18:05, [hidden email] wrote:
> All:
>
> What happened to the built in metric/imperial unit function. This was
> usable in write.
>
> Configuration used to be at
>> Tools >Options >Language Settings >[I've forgotten what this was called]
> jonathon
>
--
Udvarias Ur

This letter was generated and sent from Thunderbird 60.5.1 on Ubuntu Linux 16.04.6 LTS.

Cette lettre a été générée et envoyée à partir de Thunderbird 60.5.1 sur Ubuntu Linux 16.04.6 LTS.


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
jonathon-6 jonathon-6
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Built in metric/imperial conversion

On 19/02/20 11:29 pm, Udvarias Ur wrote:
> jonathon,
>
> First, what does Language Settings have measurement units?

The function I am looking for is in LibreOffice 6.0.0.1

Specifically, configuration is at >Tools >Options >Language Settings
>English Sentence Checking >Other
Checkbox 1: Convert to Metric (Centigrade, km/h, m, kg, l)
Checkbox 2: Thousands separation of large numbers
Checkbox 3: Convert to non-metric (F, mph, ft, lb, gal)


The entire menu item "English Sentence Checking" is not in LibreOffice
6.4.0.3.

Also missing from 6.4.0.3 is Lightproof Grammar checker for English.
(I'll grant that Language Tool is much better option than LightProof
Grammar.)

> Second, if I correctly understood what you're getting at, you can find
> it in Tools → Options → LibreOffice Writer → General → Settings →
> Measurement Unit.

That is a different function. That affects layout structure.  The
function I'm looking for enables one to change the content of the document.

I've attached a screenshot to show the page in the options menu that I'm
wondering what happened to.

jonathon

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
jonathon-6 jonathon-6
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fwd: [libreoffice-users] Built in metric/imperial conversion


Hopefully, the attachment is dealt with properly, this time around.

On 19/02/20 11:29 pm, Udvarias Ur wrote:
> jonathon,
>
> First, what does Language Settings have measurement units?

The function I am looking for is in LibreOffice 6.0.0.1

Specifically, configuration is at >Tools >Options >Language Settings
>English Sentence Checking >Other
Checkbox 1: Convert to Metric (Centigrade, km/h, m, kg, l)
Checkbox 2: Thousands separation of large numbers
Checkbox 3: Convert to non-metric (F, mph, ft, lb, gal)


The entire menu item "English Sentence Checking" is not in LibreOffice
6.4.0.3.

Also missing from 6.4.0.3 is Lightproof Grammar checker for English.
(I'll grant that Language Tool is much better option than LightProof
Grammar.)

> Second, if I correctly understood what you're getting at, you can find
> it in Tools → Options → LibreOffice Writer → General → Settings →
> Measurement Unit.

That is a different function. That affects layout structure.  The
function I'm looking for enables one to change the content of the document.

I've attached a screenshot to show the page in the options menu that I'm
wondering what happened to.

jonathon


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Dave Barton-4 Dave Barton-4
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Built in metric/imperial conversion

In reply to this post by jonathon-6
On 20/02/2020 07:03, jonathon wrote:

> On 19/02/20 11:29 pm, Udvarias Ur wrote:
>> jonathon,
>>
>> First, what does Language Settings have measurement units?
>
> The function I am looking for is in LibreOffice 6.0.0.1
>
> Specifically, configuration is at >Tools >Options >Language Settings
>> English Sentence Checking >Other
> Checkbox 1: Convert to Metric (Centigrade, km/h, m, kg, l)
> Checkbox 2: Thousands separation of large numbers
> Checkbox 3: Convert to non-metric (F, mph, ft, lb, gal)
>
>
> The entire menu item "English Sentence Checking" is not in LibreOffice
> 6.4.0.3.
>
> Also missing from 6.4.0.3 is Lightproof Grammar checker for English.
> (I'll grant that Language Tool is much better option than LightProof
> Grammar.)
>
>> Second, if I correctly understood what you're getting at, you can find
>> it in Tools → Options → LibreOffice Writer → General → Settings →
>> Measurement Unit.
>
> That is a different function. That affects layout structure.  The
> function I'm looking for enables one to change the content of the document.
>
> I've attached a screenshot to show the page in the options menu that I'm
> wondering what happened to.
>
> jonathon

Could it be that you are using a distro modified edition? Here:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/tekkldnra3qf2uu/Lang_Dlg.png/file
is what I see with the TDF provided 6.4.03 binaries for Linux and Win10.

Dave



--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
jonathon-6 jonathon-6
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Built in metric/imperial conversion

On 20/02/20 10:48 am, Dave Barton wrote:

> Could it be that you are using a distro modified edition? Here:
> http://www.mediafire.com/view/tekkldnra3qf2uu/Lang_Dlg.png/file
> is what I see with the TDF provided 6.4.03 binaries for Linux and Win10.

Thanks.
I am/was using TDF provided binaries.

However, a distro-damaged version of LibO was also installed, as a
dependency of something --- probably okular. This distro-damaged version
managed, somehow, to affect parts of LibO configuration.

By removing everything related to Libreoffice, and deleting every folder
that had libre in its name, I managed to purge the distro-damaged
version from my system.

jonathon




--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy