Bulk converting docx to odt?

Gordon Burgess-Parker Gordon Burgess-Parker

Bulk converting docx to odt?

I've searched for a method to do this but can't find anything.
Is there something I've missed?

xslidian xslidian

Re: Bulk converting docx to odt?

If you don't mind losing some elements/styles, I think you can try
upload them to Google Docs and export as "Open Document" format.

Best wishes,
Dean (@xslidian)

Andreas Säger Andreas Säger

Am 20.09.2011 10:43, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
> I've searched for a method to do this but can't find anything.
> Is there something I've missed?

menu:File>Wizards>DocumentConverter...
If the item is not available you have to install and enable the Java
language. Tools>Options>Java.

On 20/09/2011 10:14, Andreas Säger wrote:
> Am 20.09.2011 10:43, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
>> I've searched for a method to do this but can't find anything.
>> Is there something I've missed?
>>

> menu:File>Wizards>DocumentConverter...

Looks like that only converts .doc and not .docx....

Alex Thurgood Alex Thurgood

Re: Bulk converting docx to odt?

Le 20/09/11 11:21, Gordon Burgess-Parker a écrit :

Hi Gordon,

> On 20/09/2011 10:14, Andreas Säger wrote:
>> Am 20.09.2011 10:43, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
>>> I've searched for a method to do this but can't find anything.
>>> Is there something I've missed?

Look up command line parameters for OOo/LibO on the internet, you should
be able to launch a conversion from the command line.

Alex

Marcello Romani Marcello Romani

Il 20/09/2011 10:43, Gordon Burgess-Parker ha scritto:
> I've searched for a method to do this but can't find anything.
> Is there something I've missed?

I hope this thread can help you:

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=7242

--
Marcello Romani

NoOp NoOp

On 09/20/2011 01:43 AM, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
> I've searched for a method to do this but can't find anything.
> Is there something I've missed?

Perhaps this is what you're looking for:
http://odf-converter.sourceforge.net/
Note: I've not tried it (yet).

thomasjk thomasjk

Re: Bulk converting docx to odt?

You might try www.zamzar.com.
Tom K.
NoOp NoOp

On 09/20/2011 09:04 AM, NoOp wrote:
> Bulk converting docx to odt?
> On 09/20/2011 01:43 AM, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
>> I've searched for a method to do this but can't find anything.
>> Is there something I've missed?
>>

> Perhaps this is what you're looking for:
> http://odf-converter.sourceforge.net/
> Note: I've not tried it (yet).
Sorry, forgot the link to the command line utility:
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/odf-converter/files/ODF%20Translator%20CommandLine/Release%204.0/>

steveedmonds steveedmonds

Re: Bulk converting docx to odt?

Just this week I used zamzar to convert my sons docx homework to doc so
I could open it in LO.

Didn't work. Created .docs that had broken formatting in LO. Had to go
and find someone with office10 to save as .doc then it was ok.
Interesting thing is that the .docs that zamzar created and were screwed
in LO opened fine in office10.

steve