Business Cards - Printing - Libre Writer version 4.3.5.2

charles meyer charles meyer

Business Cards - Printing - Libre Writer version 4.3.5.2

Hi Folks,

I’ve never printed business cards using Libre Writer and it didn’t go
well using the Avery online template.

I have blank sheets of cardstock (bought at Office Depot) to print my
own business cards with logo - one sided only.

There’s 10 business cards on each sheet of cardstock - 2 across and 5 down.

Each card is 2 inches by 3.5 inches.

Is there some kind of a template in Libre Writer for business card printing?

I’ll bet you can do it by using tables or charts but that’s way past
my expertise.

Thanks so much!

Charles.

Andreas Säger Andreas Säger

Re: Business Cards - Printing - Libre Writer version 4.3.5.2

Am 15.03.2015 um 01:18 schrieb charles meyer:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I’ve never printed business cards using Libre Writer and it didn’t go
> well using the Avery online template.
>
> I have blank sheets of cardstock (bought at Office Depot) to print my
> own business cards with logo - one sided only.
>
> There’s 10 business cards on each sheet of cardstock - 2 across and 5 down.
>
> Each card is 2 inches by 3.5 inches.
>
> Is there some kind of a template in Libre Writer for business card printing?
>
> I’ll bet you can do it by using tables or charts but that’s way past
> my expertise.
>
> Thanks so much!
>
> Charles.

Hi,

menu:File>New>Business Cards...
Fill out that dialog and LibreOffice will generate a page with separate
frames representing the space of one card.

-----------------------

If you want to use one of the downloadable templates from various sites,
these have basically one table without borders. Each cell represents the
space of a business card. Right-click and check "Table Boundaries" to
make the cells visible on screen but not on the print out. Now you can
edit a single table cell to your liking, copy the cell content and paste
into each cell.

Hope this helps

James Knott James Knott

On 03/14/2015 08:18 PM, charles meyer wrote:
> I’ve never printed business cards using Libre Writer and it didn’t go
> well using the Avery online template.

In my experience, printing your own cards isn't worth it, unless you
need just a few.  In addition to the cost of the cards, they tend to be
thinner than normal cards and the ink will often stick to other cards in
your wallet.  There are lots of places that can print out hundreds of
cards at low cost.

OogieM OogieM

Re: Business Cards - Printing - Libre Writer version 4.3.5.2

I’ve got one I made up for myself for speciality cards that I use as labels in our yarn shop and print on the blank cardstock. I used tables, made sure I could see the cell boundaries and set the size specifically. Then I can just type into each cell what I need on that card , print and then use them as shelf labels.

> On Mar 15, 2015, at 5:31 AM, Andreas Säger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Is there some kind of a template in Libre Writer for business card printing?
>>
>> I’ll bet you can do it by using tables or charts but that’s way past
>> my expertise.

Eugenie (Oogie) McGuire
Desert Weyr, LLC - Black Welsh Mountain Sheep http://www.desertweyr.com/
LambTracker - Open Source SW for Shepherds http://www.lambtracker.com
Paonia, CO USA

Peter Hillier-Brook Peter Hillier-Brook

On 15/03/15 00:18, charles meyer wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I’ve never printed business cards using Libre Writer and it didn’t go
> well using the Avery online template.
>
> I have blank sheets of cardstock (bought at Office Depot) to print my
> own business cards with logo - one sided only.
>
> There’s 10 business cards on each sheet of cardstock - 2 across and 5 down.
>
> Each card is 2 inches by 3.5 inches.
>
> Is there some kind of a template in Libre Writer for business card printing?
>
> I’ll bet you can do it by using tables or charts but that’s way past
> my expertise.
>
> Thanks so much!
>
> Charles.

Depending upon where you live I might be able to help. I created a
table-based template for just such a purpose and if you use the
International standard A4 sized stock I would be happy to send you a
copy. If you are using US Letter sized stock you still might want the
template and modify it to suit.

Let me know.

Peter HB

TomD TomD

Re: Business Cards - Printing - Libre Writer version 4.3.5.2

That's the approach i've always taken.  I try to avoid doing them at all
tbh and that works well for me! ;)

Early on, back when i only ever used MS Office, i found their templates for
cards didn't seem to work so well either.  It took ages to find out what
reference to look for and then to find that reference in their list of
templates.  Only to find that my labels weren't a supported size or managed
to magically just miss anyway.  So i've almost always found it better to
make my own template and then do a couple of test-prints.  If i get to
re-use one of my old templates i still do a test-print.

For most officey things i tend to find the default way doesn't work so i
build-up my own way of doing things.  One reason i like Gnu&Linux and
LibreOffice is that they usually help me find some work-around for things
that other office workers have given-up on.

On 15 March 2015 at 13:01, Oogie McGuire <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I’ve got one I made up for myself for speciality cards that I use as
> labels in our yarn shop and print on the blank cardstock. I used tables,
> made sure I could see the cell boundaries and set the size specifically.
> Then I can just type into each cell what I need on that card , print and
> then use them as shelf labels.
>

> > On Mar 15, 2015, at 5:31 AM, Andreas Säger <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Is there some kind of a template in Libre Writer for business card
> printing?
> >>
> >> I’ll bet you can do it by using tables or charts but that’s way past
> >> my expertise.
>
> Eugenie (Oogie) McGuire
> Desert Weyr, LLC - Black Welsh Mountain Sheep http://www.desertweyr.com/
> LambTracker - Open Source SW for Shepherds http://www.lambtracker.com
> Paonia, CO USA

krackedpress krackedpress

Re: Business Cards - Printing - Libre Writer version 4.3.5.2

I tend to use the free templates from Avery for Avery paper stock.  They
are in .doc format, though.

I do have some printing issues though, due to printer and paper
alignment.  I have only one printer that get the paper alignment correct
more than 97% of the time.  The issue is the printers own internal
margin minimums for Letter or A4 paper.  I get around this by using
borderless printing option[s].

I use to make my own business  cards, but I now use a service. But, I
use the card stock for many other things, including "business card like"
cards for specific events that would be too costly to make more than 50+
cards.

Also, I tend not to use the "fill out one card for all cards" type of
options.  I do my own cut/paste for card stock filling.  It just works
better for my needs.

On 03/16/2015 06:38 AM, Tom Davies wrote:

> Hi :)
> That's the approach i've always taken.  I try to avoid doing them at all
> tbh and that works well for me! ;)
>
> Early on, back when i only ever used MS Office, i found their templates for
> cards didn't seem to work so well either.  It took ages to find out what
> reference to look for and then to find that reference in their list of
> templates.  Only to find that my labels weren't a supported size or managed
> to magically just miss anyway.  So i've almost always found it better to
> make my own template and then do a couple of test-prints.  If i get to
> re-use one of my old templates i still do a test-print.
>
> For most officey things i tend to find the default way doesn't work so i
> build-up my own way of doing things.  One reason i like Gnu&Linux and
> LibreOffice is that they usually help me find some work-around for things
> that other office workers have given-up on.
>
> Regards from
> Tom :)
>

> On 15 March 2015 at 13:01, Oogie McGuire <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I’ve got one I made up for myself for speciality cards that I use as
>> labels in our yarn shop and print on the blank cardstock. I used tables,
>> made sure I could see the cell boundaries and set the size specifically.
>> Then I can just type into each cell what I need on that card , print and
>> then use them as shelf labels.

>> printing?
>> Eugenie (Oogie) McGuire
>> Desert Weyr, LLC - Black Welsh Mountain Sheep http://www.desertweyr.com/
>> LambTracker - Open Source SW for Shepherds http://www.lambtracker.com
>> Paonia, CO USA

>> deleted

MySpam MySpam

Re: Business Cards - Printing - Libre Writer version 4.3.5.2

There is a program called gLabels.  I use it to create mailing labels.
Re: business cards, I would avoid laser, as business cards are usually
stacked together, so they rub.  They will wear off the laser toner.  Ink
is soaked into the paper so it won't come off. That would interfere with
the image that you are trying to create.

John

John R. Sowden John R. Sowden