CTL (arabic) - option Logical/Visual also for Delete&Backspace

Kamil Landa Kamil Landa

CTL (arabic) - option Logical/Visual also for Delete&Backspace

In TOOLS – OPTIONS – LANGUAGE SETTINGS – COMPLEX TEXT LAYUOT, there is „Cursor Control“ Movement: Logical/Visual.
Please create „Logical/Visual“ also for Delete and Backspace, not only for cursor control.
Khaled Hosny Khaled Hosny

Re: CTL (arabic) - option Logical/Visual also for Delete&Backspace

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Kaganski Mike Kaganski Mike

22.09.2016 17:46, Khaled Hosny пишет:
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 04:48:16AM -0700, Kamil Landa wrote:
>> In TOOLS – OPTIONS – LANGUAGE SETTINGS – COMPLEX TEXT LAYUOT, there is
>> „Cursor Control“ Movement: Logical/Visual.
>> Please create „Logical/Visual“ also for Delete and Backspace, not only for
>> cursor control.
> Delete and backspace have no direction, unlike arrows, so there is no
> visual/logical distinction to begin with.

Well, at least some (significant number of) keyboards have left arrow
for backspace, and some (quite few) have right arrow for delete.

Mike Kaganski
Khaled Hosny Khaled Hosny

Re: CTL (arabic) - option Logical/Visual also for Delete&Backspace

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Kamil Landa Kamil Landa

Re: CTL (arabic) - option Logical/Visual also for Delete&Backspace

This post was updated on .
I also rather simplify things :-), but it is really terrible, if i write document in two languages, Czech (non-CTL) and Arabic (CTL) and Delete&Backspace are interchanged  for these two keyboards. When I make a mistake my hand press Delete or Backspace automatically as i'm accustoming from Czech keyboard, but if it is just in Arabic keyboard (and suddenly from Del is Bksp and from Bksp is Del), it starts chaos. I'm thinking, for writing document in two different languages (non-CTL and CTL), option Logical/Visual for Delete&Backspace can help than complicate.
Khaled Hosny Khaled Hosny

Re: CTL (arabic) - option Logical/Visual also for Delete&Backspace

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Kamil Landa Kamil Landa

Re: CTL (arabic) - option Logical/Visual also for Delete&Backspace

Editing text for decade, you are professional. I'm beginner with few weeks experience :-) and I habituated when I press Del so letter in the right from cursor is erased and no the left from cursor as for CTL. Evidently I work with Visual way - delete left/right and not with Logical way - delete next/previous.
Please bug tracker is http://bugs.documentfoundation.org? My English is bad and for me it is very difficult to orient in Libre forums.
Khaled Hosny Khaled Hosny

Re: CTL (arabic) - option Logical/Visual also for Delete&Backspace

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Kamil Landa Kamil Landa

Re: CTL (arabic) - option Logical/Visual also for Delete&Backspace

I solve it via macros. Macro for Delete: press Shift + right arrow and then Del. Macro for Backspace: press Shift + left arrow and then Backspace. In TOOLS - CUSTOMIZE – KEYBOARD set these macros for Delete&Backspace :-).