Calc Guide published

Jean Weber Jean Weber

Calc Guide published

The full book and individual chapters, in ODT and PDF, are on the wiki as
well as NextCloud.  Olivier or someone will update the Docs page of the LO
website.
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications#LibreOffice_Calc_Guide

Printed copies are available from Lulu.
http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/libreoffice-62-calc-guide/26019667

I still have some things to do, including making the master doc available
on NextCloud.
Some chapters were not reviewed by two people, but they looked good to me.
If any further reviews are done and result in changes, the PDFs can be
regenerated.

I did not include an index, because many (most?) chapters’ indexing is
incomplete and not updated. If/when they are done, we can recreate a book
PDF with an index. It’s really only needed for the print edition, IMO.

I changed the order of the last two appendixes, putting Calc Functions at
the end of the book.

Cheers, Jean

drew-gmail drew-gmail

Re: Calc Guide published

Thank you

I hope it is Ok that I just went ahead and used both of the links shown for
a couple of SM posts (instead of the
https://documentaiton.libreoffice.org/en link).

Best wishes,

Drew

On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 5:22 AM Jean Weber <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The full book and individual chapters, in ODT and PDF, are on the wiki as
> well as NextCloud.  Olivier or someone will update the Docs page of the LO
> website.
>
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications#LibreOffice_Calc_Guide
>
> Printed copies are available from Lulu.
>
> http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/libreoffice-62-calc-guide/26019667
>
> I still have some things to do, including making the master doc available
> on NextCloud.
> Some chapters were not reviewed by two people, but they looked good to me.
> If any further reviews are done and result in changes, the PDFs can be
> regenerated.
>
> I did not include an index, because many (most?) chapters’ indexing is
> incomplete and not updated. If/when they are done, we can recreate a book
> PDF with an index. It’s really only needed for the print edition, IMO.
>
> I changed the order of the last two appendixes, putting Calc Functions at
> the end of the book.
>
> Cheers, Jean

Olivier Hallot-4 Olivier Hallot-4

Re: Calc Guide published

Hi Team

In the last days I reworked the Calc guide to make it fit in a master
document, and cleared the issues related to it (the book is big and
compilation takes time to check it all). I'll ping the list when done.

regards
Olivier

--
Olivier Hallot
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator

Peter Maunder Peter Maunder

Re: Calc Guide published - Printed copy error.

Hi,I have just received a printed copy of the Calc 6.2 from Lulu. I live in
England. Looks good at first glance. However, it contains only the first 246
pages, the index go up to 528. And the 9mm of outside edges of the cover
have been lost.Assuming it is a Lulu printing problem I expect they will
resolve it. I await their reply, but they are obviously very busy at the
moment. However, I thought I should be aware of the problem.On a personal
level I  think the new book, with its colour, looks very good. Well done to
you all. I buy paper copies of the LibreOffice manuals to support your
effort and it helps to impress potential users of the depth of the software.
Thank you.

--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Documentation-f1645240.html

Jean Weber Jean Weber

Re: Calc Guide published - Printed copy error.

Peter,
I am the person who publishes the printed copies on Lulu, so I will look
into this too. I hope it is just a Lulu UK problem. Thank you for letting
us know.

Jean