Calc Question

Steve Hachey - Systems Coordinator Steve Hachey - Systems Coordinator

Calc Question

Hello,
For the last few months I have been  migrating our BMW store to new PC's
and Email. I have taken the plunge and dropped microsoft office for libre office.  almost every spreadshet
we had works just fine but I've run into an issue on file that i'm hoping for advise.
I have attached an Excel spreadsheet that is updated and emailed monthly to our parts team.
It is used to enter a vendor number and will list a bmw part# cross reference  Calc seems to struggle to open and sometimes freezes.
if it does open it works fine. i'm wondering if there is a settings flag that needs tweaking in calc to make it perform correctly.
here are some sample numbers to enter to test  2422600, 15571190000, 67319 & 2546200
any advice is appreciated.

Version: 6.4.1.2 (x64)
Build ID: 4d224e95b98b138af42a64d84056446d09082932
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 18363; UI render: GL; VCL: win;
Locale: en-US (en_US); UI-Language: en-US
Calc: threaded

Regards,

Steve Hachey
Systems Coordinator / IT Support
4607 27 St. Vernon BC  V1T 4Y8
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

[cid:em415c2e85-732e-434f-99d1-852076acf95e@supportdesk]
Confidentiality Notice: This electronic mail and any materials included in this transmission are the private confidential property of the sender and the materials are privileged communications. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Please click here <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=Email%20Opt%20out%20Request%20from%20Commercial%20Electronic%20Mail-smh> to send an opt out request to CEM. .

remygauthier remygauthier

Re: Calc Question

Hello Steve,
You cannot attach files to your emails to this group since they do not
get relayed. Your only option is to attach it to a topic on LO's nabble
site (
http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Users-f1639498.html
). You could also send it to me directly and I'll have a look.
Regards,
Rémy.Le mercredi 22 avril 2020 à 20:21 +0000, Steve Hachey - Systems
Coordinator a écrit :

> Hello,For the last few months I have been  migrating our BMW store to
> new PC'sand Email. I have taken the plunge and dropped microsoft
> office for libre office.  almost every spreadshetwe had works just
> fine but I've run into an issue on file that i'm hoping for advise.I
> have attached an Excel spreadsheet that is updated and emailed
> monthly to our parts team.It is used to enter a vendor number and
> will list a bmw part# cross reference  Calc seems to struggle to open
> and sometimes freezes.if it does open it works fine. i'm wondering if
> there is a settings flag that needs tweaking in calc to make it
> perform correctly.here are some sample numbers to enter to
> test  2422600, 15571190000, 67319 & 2546200any advice is appreciated.
> Version: 6.4.1.2 (x64)Build ID:
> 4d224e95b98b138af42a64d84056446d09082932CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows
> 10.0 Build 18363; UI render: GL; VCL: win;Locale: en-US (en_US); UI-
> Language: en-USCalc: threaded
> Regards,
> Steve HacheySystems Coordinator / IT Support4607 27 St. Vernon
> BC  V1T [hidden email]<mailto:
> [hidden email]>
> [cid:em415c2e85-732e-434f-99d1-852076acf95e@supportdesk]Confidentiali
> ty Notice: This electronic mail and any materials included in this
> transmission are the private confidential property of the sender and
> the materials are privileged communications. If you have received
> this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately by
> return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Please
> click here <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=Email%20Opt%2
> 0out%20Request%20from%20Commercial%20Electronic%20Mail-smh> to send
> an opt out request to CEM. .

Steve Hachey - Systems Coordinator Steve Hachey - Systems Coordinator

*Solved* Re: Calc Question

Thank you to everyone with suggestions.
i dont know why, but when i logged out of user profile
and into administrator account the file worked correctly there, so i created a new
standard user account and the file now works fine in the new profile. although machine is only a week old it somehow, somewhere after all the programs were installed something must have glitched. very strange but it works. :):)

Regards,

Steve Hachey
Systems Coordinator / IT Support
4607 27 St Vernon BC  V1T 4Y8
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
Cell Direct: 250-309-2155
If you do not wish to receive future mailings please click here<mailto:[hidden email]?subject=Email%20Opt%20out%20Request%20from%20Commercial%20Electronic%20Mail%20iID9025> to send an opt out request

libreoffice-ml.mbourne libreoffice-ml.mbourne

Re: *Solved* Re: Calc Question

Just a guess, but some of the options at Tools > Options > LibreOffice
Calc > Calculate and/or Formula might be relevant if they're different
between the two accounts.

Mark.