Calc chart secondary axis problem

wdrago wdrago

Calc chart secondary axis problem

All,

I am trying to plot indoor temperature and solar radiation
on the same chart.

The Y-axis scale for indoor temperature (data range
B2:B4241) should be 40 to 80.
The Y-axis scale for solar radiation (data range C2:C4241)
should be 0 to 1000. This is my secondary axis.

I was able to add the secondary axis to the chart, but I
can't figure out how to tell the chart that I want C2:C4241
plotted against the secondary axis.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Bill

Brian Barker Brian Barker

Re: Calc chart secondary axis problem

At 07:24 22/02/2015 -0500, William Drago wrote:
>I am trying to plot indoor temperature and solar radiation on the
>same chart. The Y-axis scale for indoor temperature (data range
>B2:B4241) should be 40 to 80. The Y-axis scale for solar radiation
>(data range C2:C4241) should be 0 to 1000. This is my secondary
>axis. I was able to add the secondary axis to the chart, but I can't
>figure out how to tell the chart that I want C2:C4241 plotted
>against the secondary axis.

o Click in the chart until the points, columns, bars, line, or
whatever for your secondary data series is marked by green highlight spots.
o Go to Format | Format Selection... | Options | Align data series to
(or right-click | Format Data Series... | Options | Align data series to).
o Select "Secondary y-axis".

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker