Calc- find & replace with specific formatting

pda123 pda123

Calc- find & replace with specific formatting

In Calc
          I want to find a specific word and replace that word with a
          bold version of it.

For the
          life of me I can't figure out how!

Thank
          you,

Peter
          Dutton

steveedmonds steveedmonds

Re: Calc- find & replace with specific formatting

Hi.
Edit>Find and Replace
Enter cat say in find (to find instances of cat)
Enter cat in replace

Click other options>Format.
On font select Bold.

Then click replace all

Steve

On 19/04/2020 10:23, Peter Dutton wrote:

> In Calc
>           I want to find a specific word and replace that word with a
>           bold version of it.
>

> For the
>           life of me I can't figure out how!
>

> Thank
>           you,
>

> Peter
>           Dutton

pda123 pda123

Re: Calc- find & replace with specific formatting

From:Steve
          Edmonds [mailto:[hidden email]]
Subject:[libreoffice-users] Calc- findreplace with specific
          formatting
Date:Saturday,
          April 18, 2020, 8:25 PM
To:Peter
          Dutton;[hidden email]

Hi.EditFind and ReplaceEnter cat say in find (to find instances of cat)Enter cat in replaceClick other optionsFormat.On font select Bold.
Steve- there is no format option within the FindReplace
      screen and "other options".

Brian Barker Brian Barker

At 18:23 18/04/2020 -0400, Peter Dutton wrote:
>In Calc I want to find a specific word and replace that word with a
>bold version of it.

I think this depends on whether the word you refer to is the total
contents of a cell or just part of it. Formatting in a spreadsheet is
generally handled on a cell basis, not by character. So although you
can indeed manually set part of the contents of a cell to, say, bold,
I don't think there is going to be any way to apply this automatically.

And I don't see any way to achieve what you want as local formatting,
even if the word is the entire contents of a cell. But there is a workaround:
o Create a cell style including the Bold attribute.
o Select an appropriate cell range - perhaps even an entire sheet or sheets.
o Use Conditional Formatting to apply the Bold cell style to any cell
whose contents are exactly your word.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker