Calc issue: display bug

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Eric Eric
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Calc issue: display bug

Hi,

I've a display bug with a xlsm file opened with LO:

how it is displayed in Libreoffice (4.3.4.1 and 4.4.1.2) :  http://i.imgur.com/1gmRFnF.png
how it is displayed in Excel (2007) : http://i.imgur.com/2ApxxVQ.png
the xlsm file: http://demo.ovh.eu/download/81443811d52fef29c48908a28e57b895/1.xlsm

How to fix it?

Best regards









--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Eric Eric
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Calc issue: display bug

Hi,

It seems I got no answer to my previous message, did I something wrong?
Do you need more explanations?

Best,

Eric


Le 02/03/2015 15:52, Xbot a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I've a display bug with a xlsm file opened with LO:
>
> how it is displayed in Libreoffice (4.3.4.1 and 4.4.1.2) :  http://i.imgur.com/1gmRFnF.png
> how it is displayed in Excel (2007) : http://i.imgur.com/2ApxxVQ.png
> the xlsm file: http://demo.ovh.eu/download/81443811d52fef29c48908a28e57b895/1.xlsm
>
> How to fix it?
>
> Best regards
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Stefan Weigel Stefan Weigel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Calc issue: display bug

In reply to this post by Eric
Hi,

Am 02.03.2015 um 15:52 schrieb Xbot:

> I've a display bug with a xlsm file opened with LO:
>
> how it is displayed in Libreoffice (4.3.4.1 and 4.4.1.2) :
> http://i.imgur.com/1gmRFnF.png how it is displayed in Excel
> (2007) : http://i.imgur.com/2ApxxVQ.png the xlsm file:
> http://demo.ovh.eu/download/81443811d52fef29c48908a28e57b895/1.xlsm
>
>  How to fix it?

Reduce your expectations. Especially because this file contains
VBA-Code.

Stefan



--
LibreOffice - Die Freiheit nehm' ich mir!

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Eric Eric
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Calc issue: display bug

Thanks for your answer Stefan,

About expectations, are you implying there is nothing to do to make this
file working in LibreOffice?

Le 08/03/2015 22:39, Stefan Weigel a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Am 02.03.2015 um 15:52 schrieb Xbot:
>
>> I've a display bug with a xlsm file opened with LO:
>>
>> how it is displayed in Libreoffice (4.3.4.1 and 4.4.1.2) :
>> http://i.imgur.com/1gmRFnF.png how it is displayed in Excel
>> (2007) : http://i.imgur.com/2ApxxVQ.png the xlsm file:
>> http://demo.ovh.eu/download/81443811d52fef29c48908a28e57b895/1.xlsm
>>
>>   How to fix it?
> Reduce your expectations. Especially because this file contains
> VBA-Code.
>
> Stefan
>
>
>


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Stefan Weigel Stefan Weigel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Calc issue: display bug


Hi Eric,

this might give you an idea:
https://www.google.de/?q=run+vba+macro+in+libreoffice

Perhaps it is possible to replicate the functionality by means of
LibreOffice. Probably this requires a programming expert who can
create the macro program in LibreOffice.
(http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/professional-support/) Maybe
you can find an expert if you specifically ask for it here on the
list or on [hidden email].

Greetings,
Stefan



Am 08.03.2015 um 22:51 schrieb Xbot:

> Thanks for your answer Stefan,
>
> About expectations, are you implying there is nothing to do to make
> this file working in LibreOffice?
>
> Le 08/03/2015 22:39, Stefan Weigel a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 02.03.2015 um 15:52 schrieb Xbot:
>>
>>> I've a display bug with a xlsm file opened with LO:
>>>
>>> how it is displayed in Libreoffice (4.3.4.1 and 4.4.1.2) :
>>> http://i.imgur.com/1gmRFnF.png how it is displayed in Excel
>>> (2007) : http://i.imgur.com/2ApxxVQ.png the xlsm file:
>>> http://demo.ovh.eu/download/81443811d52fef29c48908a28e57b895/1.xlsm
>>>
>>>   How to fix it?
>> Reduce your expectations. Especially because this file contains
>> VBA-Code.
>>
>> Stefan
>>
>>
>>
>
>


--
LibreOffice - Die Freiheit nehm' ich mir!

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
TomD TomD
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Calc issue: display bug

Hi :)
If you can post the code in an email to this mailing list there are people
here who might be able to help directly with possible suggestions for
editing the code.  It really depends on how long and complicated the code
is.  Something really long but that turns out to have something very simple
and obvious might get a good answer.  If the coding shows an interesting
problem then people might be interested in having a go at figuring it out.

Macros are known to create problems within MS Office and have so often
hidden malware that many email systems attempt to filter out any documents
that might contain macros.  Also when trying to open a document in MS
Office nowadays it tends to display an alert and a warning.  Additionally
each different version of MS Office has slight differences in the code that
it can run so you might well have to re-write or at least edit macros in
order to use on different versions of MS Office, and then edit again for
the next new version.

So although moving macro code to LibreOffice presents a few problems it is
not much more trouble than you would face trying to get those macros to
work properly on other versions of MS Office - but with the advantage that
LibreOffice's macros tend to be a LOT safer and don't often need upgrading
between different versions of LibreOffice or OpenOffice.



LibreOffice also allows people to write "Extensions" / add-ons / plug-ins
that tend to be a much better idea than as macro as they can be viewed and
even edited without digging around in a single document.  There is a
special website for LibreOffice Extensions which might already have the
functionality you are trying to add.  When people publish their Extensions
there, if they use an OpenSource license, then other people can help with
any bug-fixes or updates in the future.

Regards from
Tom :)




On 9 March 2015 at 06:33, Stefan Weigel <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>
> Hi Eric,
>
> this might give you an idea:
> https://www.google.de/?q=run+vba+macro+in+libreoffice
>
> Perhaps it is possible to replicate the functionality by means of
> LibreOffice. Probably this requires a programming expert who can
> create the macro program in LibreOffice.
> (http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/professional-support/) Maybe
> you can find an expert if you specifically ask for it here on the
> list or on [hidden email].
>
> Greetings,
> Stefan
>
>
>
> Am 08.03.2015 um 22:51 schrieb Xbot:
> > Thanks for your answer Stefan,
> >
> > About expectations, are you implying there is nothing to do to make
> > this file working in LibreOffice?
> >
> > Le 08/03/2015 22:39, Stefan Weigel a écrit :
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Am 02.03.2015 um 15:52 schrieb Xbot:
> >>
> >>> I've a display bug with a xlsm file opened with LO:
> >>>
> >>> how it is displayed in Libreoffice (4.3.4.1 and 4.4.1.2) :
> >>> http://i.imgur.com/1gmRFnF.png how it is displayed in Excel
> >>> (2007) : http://i.imgur.com/2ApxxVQ.png the xlsm file:
> >>> http://demo.ovh.eu/download/81443811d52fef29c48908a28e57b895/1.xlsm
> >>>
> >>>   How to fix it?
> >> Reduce your expectations. Especially because this file contains
> >> VBA-Code.
> >>
> >> Stefan
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> LibreOffice - Die Freiheit nehm' ich mir!
>
> --
> To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
> Problems?
> http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
> Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> deleted
>

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted