Calc: suppress header/footer from page 15 onwards

Guy Voets Guy Voets

Calc: suppress header/footer from page 15 onwards

Hello

Sorry for my basic questions, but I'm in a hurry (who doesn't seem te
be these days).

Calc
I have a number of pages where I want a header and footer, then more
pages without header or footer.
How do I stop header/footer from appearing from a certain page onwards?
Hard page?
I'm not at all versed in Styles in Calc...

--
Guy
using LibO 3.3.2 on a iMac Intel DualCore Snow Leopard

Manoharan Durga Manoharan Durga

Re: Calc: suppress header/footer from page 15 onwards

You can keep the first 15 pages in one sheet and move the other pages in the
second sheet; the header / footer can be set separately for each sheet
without affecting the other.

Then, you can choose to print all the sheets, so that the first sheet has
page numbers, while the pages in the second sheet do not have page numbers.

Guy Voets Guy Voets

2011/5/26 Manoharan Durga <[hidden email]>:

> You can keep the first 15 pages in one sheet and move the other pages in the
> second sheet; the header / footer can be set separately for each sheet
> without affecting the other.
>
> Then, you can choose to print all the sheets, so that the first sheet has
> page numbers, while the pages in the second sheet do not have page numbers.
>
> On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Guy Voets <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> Calc
>> I have a number of pages where I want a header and footer, then more
>> pages without header or footer.
>> How do I stop header/footer from appearing from a certain page onwards?
>> Hard page?
>> I'm not at all versed in Styles in Calc...
>>
>> --
>> Guy

Thanks, I had hoped for a more flexible solution... (like in Writer)

--
Guy
using LibO 3.3.2 on a iMac Intel DualCore Snow Leopard
-- please reply only to [hidden email] --
Dodoes can't afford to have headaches

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Re: Calc: suppress header/footer from page 15 onwards

Hi Guy,

Guy Voets wrote (26-05-11 12:31)
> 2011/5/26 Manoharan Durga<[hidden email]>:

>>> I have a number of pages where I want a header and footer, then more
>>> pages without header or footer.
>>> How do I stop header/footer from appearing from a certain page onwards?
>>> Hard page?
>>> I'm not at all versed in Styles in Calc...

> Thanks, I had hoped for a more flexible solution... (like in Writer)

You can define different page styles as much as you want,  and (but?)
apply (only?) one per sheet.

Best,
Cor

--
  - http://nl.libreoffice.org

David S. Crampton David S. Crampton

Re: Calc: suppress header/footer from page 15 onwards

Here it is 9 years later. I just encountered a need to have Sheet1 use
Footer1 (Sheet1 prints in 3 pages). Then Sheet2 use Footer2 (another 3
pages).  With focus on either Sheet1 or Sheet2 to set 'Format | Page |
Footer ... ' changes the Footer to be the same in both Sheets. I worked
around it but clumsy and error prone.

Using v 6.2.8.2

-----
--
David S. Crampton

David S. Crampton
Brian Barker Brian Barker

At 14:36 25/12/2019 -0700, David S. Crampton wrote:
>Here it is 9 years later.

I think the answer is much as was given in 2011!

>I just encountered a need to have Sheet1 use Footer1 (Sheet1 prints
>in 3 pages). Then Sheet2 use Footer2 (another 3 pages). With focus
>on either Sheet1 or Sheet2 to set 'Format | Page | Footer ... '
>changes the Footer to be the same in both Sheets. I worked around it
>but clumsy and error prone.

(You really ought to tell anyone hoping to help you what workaround
you have found and consider error-prone.)

Headers and footer are properties of page styles. If you have the
same page style for both of your sheets, changing the footer of that
page style will obviously affect the pages produced by both sheets.
All you need to do is to use a different page style for each of your
two sheets (probably creating a suitable new page style yourself) and
set appropriate footers in each.

The only difference I see between the behaviour with spreadsheets
(Calc) rather than text (Writer) documents is that in text documents
you can insert manual page breaks wherever you wish, whereas in
spreadsheets you cannot insert them within sheets but an automatic
possibility of a break of style occurs between every sheet.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

David S. Crampton David S. Crampton

Re: Calc: suppress header/footer from page 15 onwards

Brian and all,

I expect that the technique of creating a Style for each sheet will work. As
it was this afternoon I didn't have the moxo to work through the Edit Styles
dialogs.

You asked what my clumsy workaround was: OK, with some shyness... but it got
the job done by 3 pm!

Select Sheet1 with an already defined Print Area.  Check or make the Format
Page | Footer specify <Footer1>.  Print! In my case I printed to PDF.  PDF
looks good; save it as Sheet1.PDF

Now, the dufus: Return to the ODS; select Sheet2. Go to Format Page | Footer
and change the text to <Footer2>. Now again print to PDF. This will create
Sheet2.PDF.  Looks good.

Now, paying the monthly Adobe "Cloud" subscription I have available the
"Combine Pages" functionality.  Specify "Combine"; navigate and select the 2
PDF from above. Combine and it creates a "Binder1.PDF".  Examine, close,
rename as desired.

Next month I will be asked to again update and publish this contact list.  I
will work with page styles first.

David

-----
--
David S. Crampton

David S. Crampton
Brian Barker Brian Barker

At 18:02 25/12/2019 -0700, David S. Crampton wrote:
>I expect that the technique of creating a Style for each sheet will work.

You'll pardon my giggling at "expect". This is the solution given on
26 May 2011 earlier in the thread you reused and indeed in the
documentation: "Headers and footers are assigned to a page style. You
can define more than one page style for a spreadsheet and assign
different page styles to different sheets." So yes: it does work.

>As it was this afternoon I didn't have the moxo to work through the
>Edit Styles dialogs.

Your workaround was intelligent, of course, but probably took you
longer than discovering how to create and apply separate page styles.
Do get used to styles, as they are a powerful facility which repays
the time spent learning about them (more so in text documents). Note
that, in this case, you could use the "New Style from Selection"
button in the Styles and Formatting dialogue to create a duplicate of
your existing page style; you can then modify one style to create the
different footers that you require.

>Next month I will be asked to again update and publish this contact
>list. I will work with page styles first.

Good-oh!

Brian Barker