Can imported images keep the aspect ratio?

Anne Wilson Anne Wilson

Can imported images keep the aspect ratio?

My 200+ entries can now display the relevant images, but they are scaled
to fit the available space.  Since the files being read in are cropped
images, some are portrait mode and some are landscape mode, so there is
no ideal size for the display.  Is it possible to affect the image, to
fix it to keep the aspect ratio?

AnneW

Alan Boba Alan Boba

Re: Can imported images keep the aspect ratio?

You haven't indicated which app you're using.

If using Write, maintaining scale while resizing an image is the default
when dragging the handles to resize.  At least in version 5.4.5.1 it is.

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 8:38 AM, Anne Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My 200+ entries can now display the relevant images, but they are scaled
> to fit the available space.  Since the files being read in are cropped
> images, some are portrait mode and some are landscape mode, so there is
> no ideal size for the display.  Is it possible to affect the image, to
> fix it to keep the aspect ratio?
>
> AnneW

Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011

steveedmonds steveedmonds

Re: Can imported images keep the aspect ratio?

Hi.
I am not sure if this is related to the situation in writer where
replacing an image by pasting a new image into the selected old image
causes the new image to be distorted to the dimensions of the old image.

If so it is not difficult to resize and add white space to all images in
a directory so they are all the same proportions. I.e. the portrait mode
images are scaled to the height of the landscape images and padded to
the width of the landscape images.

Steve

On 13/03/18 11:55, Alan B wrote:

> You haven't indicated which app you're using.
>
> If using Write, maintaining scale while resizing an image is the default
> when dragging the handles to resize.  At least in version 5.4.5.1 it is.
>
> On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 8:38 AM, Anne Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> My 200+ entries can now display the relevant images, but they are scaled
>> to fit the available space.  Since the files being read in are cropped
>> images, some are portrait mode and some are landscape mode, so there is
>> no ideal size for the display.  Is it possible to affect the image, to
>> fix it to keep the aspect ratio?
>>
>> AnneW

>> deleted

Gordon Cooper Gordon Cooper

Re: Can imported images keep the aspect ratio?

We got around this by using the 'Replace' function instead of Paste.

Gordon

Anne Wilson Anne Wilson

On 12/03/2018 22:55, Alan B wrote:

> You haven't indicated which app you're using.
>
> If using Write, maintaining scale while resizing an image is the default
> when dragging the handles to resize.  At least in version 5.4.5.1 it is.
>
> On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 8:38 AM, Anne Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> My 200+ entries can now display the relevant images, but they are scaled
>> to fit the available space.  Since the files being read in are cropped
>> images, some are portrait mode and some are landscape mode, so there is
>> no ideal size for the display.  Is it possible to affect the image, to
>> fix it to keep the aspect ratio?

It was a Base database.  As it turned out, I had simply not noticed that
the Control for the images had reached the end of screen, with the last
two or three entries hidden.  Once I realised (thanks, Remy) and I
scrolled down it was easy to correct.

AnneW

steveedmonds steveedmonds

Re: Can imported images keep the aspect ratio?

Hi.
Thanks, nice if it had an option to replace from clipboard.
Steve