Can’t create new folders in my document directory with LibreOffice Writer

Mary Dotes Mary Dotes

Can’t create new folders in my document directory with LibreOffice Writer

I am having a major problem that started not long ago.

Documents Directory is selected. I click on “New Folder” at top or click on documents and choose create new folder from the menu, the try to name the folder.

I get a consistent error message:

“Can’t find the specified file.

Make Sure you specify the correct path and file name.”

When I click try again, I get a message that the file or folder does not exist.

So weird since I’m not looking for a file or folder.  And the error messages make no sense.

I always end up with an empty "New Folder" in my documents.

When I save a new document, I can name it and save it into a current folder, but can't make a new (named) folder to put it into.

I’ve checked a few folders in my document directory and they are “read only.” The documents inside are readable, but I can’t make a new folder to move them into.

I uninstalled LibreOffice and reinstalled: same problem. Tried another uninstall and removed everything in my registry pertaining to Libre Office, but that didn't help again after I reinstalled.

I’m hoping someone can help.

Thank you!

Dave Stevens Dave Stevens

Re: Can’t create new folders in my document directory with LibreOffice Writer

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 18:03:22 +0000
Mary Dotes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am having a major problem that started not long ago.
>
> Documents Directory is selected. I click on “New Folder” at top or
> click on documents and choose create new folder from the menu, the
> try to name the folder.
>
> I get a consistent error message:
>
> “Can’t find the specified file.
>
> Make Sure you specify the correct path and file name.”

THIS IS NOT A LIBRE OFFICE PROBLEM. IT IS AN OS PROBLEM.