Can't get LibreOffice to compile (dev-install)

gptscorp gptscorp

Can't get LibreOffice to compile (dev-install)

Hello,

I have followed the instructions on http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/developers/ several times and get all types of quirky messages, and no matter what I do the build do succeed.  What am I doing wrong?  In help/suggestions are appreciated.  I am building on a Windows 7 box with 2GB RAM and 260GB disk space.

Thanks

John Grace
Caolán McNamara Caolán McNamara

Re: Can't get LibreOffice to compile (dev-install)

On Tue, 2011-12-13 at 15:44 -0800, gptscorp wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have followed the instructions on
> http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/developers/ several times and get
> all types of quirky messages, and no matter what I do the build do succeed.
> What am I doing wrong?  In help/suggestions are appreciated.  I am building
> on a Windows 7 box with 2GB RAM and 260GB disk space.

We'd need to know what the messages are to hazard a guess.

C.

Regina Henschel Regina Henschel

Re: Can't get LibreOffice to compile (dev-install)

Hi John,

gptscorp schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I have followed the instructions on
> http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/developers/ several times and get
> all types of quirky messages, and no matter what I do the build do succeed.
> What am I doing wrong?  In help/suggestions are appreciated.  I am building
> on a Windows 7 box with 2GB RAM and 260GB disk space.

Building on Windows is a little bit special. Please have a look at

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Windows_Build_Dependencies
and
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnWindowsWithCygwinAndMSVCExpress
and
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Native_Build
and
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Foral/Build_Win

And be patient. It is possible to build on Windows, but don't expect
that you are immediately successful.

Kind regards
Regina

gptscorp gptscorp

RE: Can't get LibreOffice to compile (dev-install)

Thanks for your help, I'll keep you informed.

John Grace

Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 04:08:17 -0800
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Can't get LibreOffice to compile (dev-install)

Hi John,

gptscorp schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I have followed the instructions on
> http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/developers/ several times and get
> all types of quirky messages, and no matter what I do the build do succeed.
> What am I doing wrong?  In help/suggestions are appreciated.  I am building
> on a Windows 7 box with 2GB RAM and 260GB disk space.

Building on Windows is a little bit special. Please have a look at

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Windows_Build_Dependencies
and
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnWindowsWithCygwinAndMSVCExpress
and
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Native_Build
and
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Foral/Build_Win

And be patient. It is possible to build on Windows, but don't expect
that you are immediately successful.

Kind regards
Regina

http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Can-t-get-LibreOffice-to-compile-dev-install-tp3584035p3585262.html
To unsubscribe from Can't get LibreOffice to compile (dev-install), click here.
NAML
gptscorp gptscorp

RE: Can't get LibreOffice to compile (dev-install)

hello,

I am still having problems getting ANT to work.  Any suggestions?  I have downloaded and unzipped the zipfile, installed it and have the included it on the autogen line.
I still cannot get it to work.

Thanks

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 10:08:45 -0500

Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 04:08:17 -0800
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

Hi John,

NAML

gptscorp schrieb:

> hello, I am still having problems getting ANT to work.  Any
> suggestions?  I have downloaded and unzipped the zipfile, installed

?? There is nothing to 'install' but only to unpack.

> it and have the included it on the autogen line.I still cannot get it
> to work. Thanks

Where do you put the ANT? It need to be a subfolder of Cygwin.
Do you have considered that the path to Cygwin must not have blanks?

Kind regards
Regina

gptscorp gptscorp

RE: Can't get LibreOffice to compile (dev-install)

Thanks for the reply.  I included it in the PATH variable.  Now I am getting this error after I do a "make dev-install":

/usr/bin/sh: D:/git/libo/solver/wntmsci12.pro/bin/ulfconv: No such file or directory

Any thoughts.

Thanks

Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 10:22:28 -0800
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

Hi John,

gptscorp schrieb:

> hello, I am still having problems getting ANT to work.  Any
> suggestions?  I have downloaded and unzipped the zipfile, installed

?? There is nothing to 'install' but only to unpack.

> it and have the included it on the autogen line.I still cannot get it
> to work. Thanks

Where do you put the ANT? It need to be a subfolder of Cygwin.
Do you have considered that the path to Cygwin must not have blanks?

Kind regards
Regina

http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Can-t-get-LibreOffice-to-compile-dev-install-tp3584035p3586318.html
To unsubscribe from Can't get LibreOffice to compile (dev-install), click here.
NAML

gptscorp schrieb:

> Thanks for the reply.  I included it in the PATH variable.  Now I am getting this error after I do a "make dev-install":
> /usr/bin/sh: D:/git/libo/solver/wntmsci12.pro/bin/ulfconv: No such file or directory
> Any thoughts.

No. I do not use that. I build with
make build
and install it from the binaries in instsetoo_native.

For further help you should ask on the mailing list
[hidden email]
or on IRC
irc://chat.freenode.net/libreoffice-dev

Kind regards
Regina

gptscorp gptscorp

RE: Can't get LibreOffice to compile (dev-install)

Regina,

I have tried everything in getting LibreOffice to compile.  I have made 6 attempts after modifying and changing things.  Do you have a canned method you use to get the code to compile.  I have ANT 1.8.2, Java7, and all of the current modules.  Any help would be appreciated.  I am at my wits end.

Thanks

Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 12:13:52 -0800
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]