Cannot get summed values in a Base report

Girvin Herr-5 Girvin Herr-5

Cannot get summed values in a Base report

Greetings,

I am using LibreOffice 5.3.4.2 on Slackware Linux 14.2 (K4.4.75).

I have been able to do this in the past, but I seem to have "lost the
bubble" on this and I can't find where I learned it from. I need to
print a total sum of a field in all records at the end of a Base report.
Looking at another report of mine that works, the "Data" tab for the
summation field is:

Data Field Type        Function
Data Field                Cost
Function                   Accumulation
Scope                      Report

However, when I try these parameters in the new report, when I select
"Accumulation" in the Function field, it changes "Data Field" to
"[AccumulationCostReport]" and the Function and Scope fields go blank.

When I run the report with this, the summation field is blank.

Since this is in the Report Builder, the Help is useless.

Can someone explain the process to get this done?

Thanks.
Girvin Herr

Robert Großkopf Robert Großkopf

Re: Cannot get summed values in a Base report

Hi Girvin,

> However, when I try these parameters in the new report, when I select
> "Accumulation" in the Function field, it changes "Data Field" to
> "[AccumulationCostReport]" and the Function and Scope fields go blank.

Seems to be the right function. You could see the content of the
function when opening the report-navigator. The function must be
available there. Should look like
[Cost]+[AccumulationCostReport]
... but could be there is a field without content. If you add NULL (not
0) to the function the result will be NULL.

You could send me a database-example with some dummy-data. I would have
a look at it.

The best way to get the whole sum of all values is to create a view for
the content of the report. The sum will be a part of the view, not
created in the report.

Regards

Robert

Girvin Herr-5 Girvin Herr-5

On 5/16/19 7:12 AM, Robert Großkopf wrote:

> Hi Girvin,
>> However, when I try these parameters in the new report, when I select
>> "Accumulation" in the Function field, it changes "Data Field" to
>> "[AccumulationCostReport]" and the Function and Scope fields go blank.
> Seems to be the right function. You could see the content of the
> function when opening the report-navigator. The function must be
> available there. Should look like
> [Cost]+[AccumulationCostReport]
> ... but could be there is a field without content. If you add NULL (not
> 0) to the function the result will be NULL.
>
> You could send me a database-example with some dummy-data. I would have
> a look at it.
>
> The best way to get the whole sum of all values is to create a view for
> the content of the report. The sum will be a part of the view, not
> created in the report.
>
> Regards
>
> Robert

I finally gave up on this, No matter how I formatted it, I either got
nothing, or only the first record's value (the initial value). I made
sure all records had the relevant fields non-Null, and checked the data
in the report for any blank (Null) values to verify that. I tried moving
the sum field to the page footer from the report footer to get a running
tally on each page, but I got the same results on all pages - either
blank or the initial value. I even had hope in this:

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=45572

But alas, it does the same thing. The odd thing is that my older reports
are not consistent. Several use different forms of this summing (user
defined and Accumulation functions), yet they all work for their
reports. I tried using the same methods to sum in my new report, but
none of them worked. Strange. So, I gave up on trying to total the
record values.

Thanks for the replies.
Girvin

Robert Großkopf Robert Großkopf

Re: Cannot get summed values in a Base report

Hi Girvin,

you could do this:

Send me the database with private mail and some dummy-data. I will have
a look.

Have a look at
http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de/lo_hb_xhtml/Base_06_Berichte.xhtml#__RefHeading__3953_1233120098

There is a report for bills described in German. Ist isn't translated
yet to English, but it works with the functions you need.

Regards

Robert