Cannot open LO

Ken Heard Ken Heard

Cannot open LO

My OS is Debian Stretch.  My version of LibreOffice is 1:5.2.7-1+deb9u4
from the stretch-backports depository.

Just now when I tried to open LO I received the following message:

The application cannot be started.
[context = "shared"] caught unexpected
com.sun.star.ucb.NameClashException: folder exists
and overwrite forbidden

Can anybody tell me what this message means and how to fix whatever
needs to be fixed so that I can use LibreOffice again?

I cannot think of what must have been done since I last closed LO.  If
it was something I could have done, I am not conscious of having done so.

Regards, Ken

steveedmonds steveedmonds

Re: Cannot open LO

Hi.
Just a suggestion here, try temporarily renaming your configuration
folder (mine is in ~/.config/libreoffice/4-suse/) in case the clash is
occurring there.
Steve

On 24/08/18 03:06, Ken Heard wrote:

> My OS is Debian Stretch.  My version of LibreOffice is
> 1:5.2.7-1+deb9u4 from the stretch-backports depository.
>
> Just now when I tried to open LO I received the following message:
>
> The application cannot be started.
> [context = "shared"] caught unexpected
> com.sun.star.ucb.NameClashException: folder exists
> and overwrite forbidden
>
> Can anybody tell me what this message means and how to fix whatever
> needs to be fixed so that I can use LibreOffice again?
>
> I cannot think of what must have been done since I last closed LO.  If
> it was something I could have done, I am not conscious of having done so.
>
> Regards, Ken

Ken Heard Ken Heard

Re: Cannot open LO

On 2018-08-23 16:37, Steve Edmonds wrote:
> Hi.
> Just a suggestion here, try temporarily renaming your configuration
> folder (mine is in ~/.config/libreoffice/4-suse/) in case the clash is
> occurring there.
> Steve

Thanks, Steve.  I have been working on the problem, and I am sure you
are right about where it is.  I will get back to it tomorrow and report
results.

Regards, Ken

Ken Heard Ken Heard

Re: Cannot open LO- SOLVED

On 2018-08-23 16:37, Steve Edmonds wrote:

> Hi.
> Just a suggestion here, try temporarily renaming your configuration
> folder (mine is in ~/.config/libreoffice/4-suse/) in case the clash is
> occurring there.
> Steve
>
> On 24/08/18 03:06, Ken Heard wrote:
>> My OS is Debian Stretch.  My version of LibreOffice is
>> 1:5.2.7-1+deb9u4 from the stretch-backports depository.
>>
>> Just now when I tried to open LO I received the following message:
>>
>> The application cannot be started.
>> [context = "shared"] caught unexpected
>> com.sun.star.ucb.NameClashException: folder exists
>> and overwrite forbidden
>>
>> Can anybody tell me what this message means and how to fix whatever
>> needs to be fixed so that I can use LibreOffice again?
>>
>> I cannot think of what must have been done since I last closed LO.  If
>> it was something I could have done, I am not conscious of having done so.
>>
>> Regards, Ken

Ken Heard Ken Heard

Re: Cannot open LO - SOLVED