Change UX principles to HIG

Heiko Tietze Heiko Tietze

Change UX principles to HIG

Hello website folks,

we, the LO design team, are preparing a new human interface guideline (HIG)
for Libreoffice. First steps have been made, and now we want to put it in a
more prominent place. Our suggestion is to replace at the design start page
(https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design) the current "UX principles" by
"Human Interface Guidelines" or just HIG
(http://www.libreoffice.org/community/design). Seems it has been prepared by
someone.
The procedure was mooted positively in the design minutes.  And I think we can
update the wiki header template as well and remove UX Principles there.

Cheers,
Heiko.

PS: The old but still relevant principles are refered to in the HIG.

Norbert Thiebaud Norbert Thiebaud

Re: Change UX principles to HIG

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 1:54 PM, Heiko Tietze
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello website folks,
>
> we, the LO design team, are preparing a new human interface guideline (HIG)
> for Libreoffice. First steps have been made, and now we want to put it in a
> more prominent place. Our suggestion is to replace at the design start page
> (https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design) the current "UX principles" by
> "Human Interface Guidelines" or just HIG

Isn't one of these principle not to use acronym prior to have
introduced its definition ?

I understand 'Human Interface Guidelines'.. bug HIG sounded to me, at
first, like a misspelled famous boson.

Norbert