Change icon?

1234 « Prev
Ivan M. Ivan M.

Re: Res: Res: Re: Change icon?

Hi David,

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 12:30 AM, David Nelson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Ivan, :-)
>
> I understood what you meant. It's a good idea, and I'll bear that in
> mind. Meanwhile, if anyone else has any other suggestions, please do
> chip in.

Just saw this blog post on Planet Ubuntu:
http://drupal.txwikinger.me.uk/content/libreoffice-request-contributors-and-mentoring

Thanks!

- Ivan.

marcpare4 marcpare4

Re: Res: Res: Re: Change icon?

Le 2010-11-10 13:16, Alexander Thurgood a écrit :

> Hi Marc,
>
> Le 09/11/10 20:01, Marc Paré a écrit :
>

>> Thanks Alex. Just for information, are you willing to help out with the
>> legal aspects of the branding of LibO? It would really be handy if you
>> could. We are often a little naive when proposing some of these things
>> such as icons, mascot etc. We would definitely need some one talented in
>> this domain.
>
> Yes, with the caveat that I can not possibly know each and every law of
> each and every country in which LibreOffice is going to be deployed ;-),
> but where I can help out, I shall try. Bear in mind that the US and, to
> a certain extent, even Canada, have different implementations and
> legal/legal policy viewpoints with regard to IP. It would be difficult
> for me to give advice about those aspects, and indeed, could be
> considered as illegal practice of law in those countries. This is
> probably one of the reasons why there are so few attorneys active in
> general in opensource projects (other than their general dislike of pro
> bono work), except to express themselves in very general terms or with
> respect to a particular territory.
>

> Alex

Thanks Alex. It is still nice to have your input from a legal point of
view. We would at the very least get a "heads up" notice from you if we
start treading on thin ice.

Thanks for the help. Jump in whenever you think we may be nearing a
danger point from a legal point of view.

Marc

Lucas Filho Lucas Filho

Res: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: Res: Res: Re: Change icon?

Hello Marc and all,

I put on my record another version of the logo Libo. This time I made the plane
with scribbles to convey a larger idea of liberty and deviate slightly from the
images of other logos that have paper airplane.

Libo was added words and TDF on the plane as shown in the magnified image.

Link:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/rht5jt8ISZiVAHIbyJ_Qbg?feat=directlink

Até mais,
Lucas Filho
Open-Ce Tecnologias e Serviços
http://www.open-ce.com.br
::@strogildo - Educação a distância
http://astrogildo.blogspot.com
Coordenador Estadual GUBRO-Ceará
http://www.broffice.org/gubro-ce

Blog Pessoal
http://lucasfilho.blogspot.com

Agradecemos a Deus por tudo

Re: Res: Res: Re: Change icon?

Lucas Filho Lucas Filho

Res: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: Res: Res: Re: Change icon?

Hello,

What then say these logos:
http://fottus.com/publicidades/semelhancas-entre-logomarcas-famosas/

Do any of these companies never saw the logos of the other?

Special detail for: Riding Club, Boise State, Doshdosh, Ford, Ametk.

The book The Law of Success by Napoleon Hill
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_Hill) indicates how some people can have
very similar thoughts despite being in different hemispheres ... I do not know
if this was the case of these and many other logos, but who knows:)

In summary, then we must use a different paper airplane to not look like any in
the world?

And companies that use a paper airplane in its logo in the same position as many
others may suffer at any time processes?

Does the sector of trademarks and patents of these big companies have not had
the same discussions we are having now? If so, why then risked both their marks
(Example stronger, Ford and Carrier)?

World doubts:)

Até mais,
Lucas Filho
Open-Ce Tecnologias e Serviços
http://www.open-ce.com.br
::@strogildo - Educação a distância
http://astrogildo.blogspot.com
Coordenador Estadual GUBRO-Ceará
http://www.broffice.org/gubro-ce

Blog Pessoal
http://lucasfilho.blogspot.com

Agradecemos a Deus por tudo

Res: Res: Res: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: Change icon?

Excellent reading. On this basis I traced what I believe is the profile of the
two marks (Paper Airplane) and folded paper (used in Libo soon):
Paper Airplane:
a. distinction 3
b. visibility 8
c. usability 10
d. memorability 10
e. universality 10
f.  Durability 8
g. timelessness 7

Folded:
a. distinction 10
b. visibility 10
c. usability 5
d. memorability 5
e. Universality5
f.  Durability 8
g. timelessness 7

The memorization of the paper plane as the logo for Libo can be obtained by
deeds done by us. If each event took several paper airplanes to distribute to
the public (please using recycled paper), this will create the public who wish
to memorize.

Visiting the site of Paul Rand came to your gallery
(http://www.paul-rand.com/site/identity/) could not find much originality
(sorry, but it is my opinion).

It is strange for me to defend something done, but the idea of the paper
airplane can be only in people's minds in years. What we have in our hands is
one way this process be facilitated. The Libo will be present throughout the
world, our logo will be in schools, businesses, computer fairs, car stickers and
all. Not just a facade of a company in one country or another.

It is similar to other logos: yes! But it is "our paper airplane." I see the
logo not as a symbol that accompanies the software, but a way of communicating
with the public. In our events we can make a paper airplane contest that flies
farther and the winner receives a gift from cd ... how such actions with a
"folded paper"? who fold a paper faster? ...

Até mais,
Lucas Filho
Open-Ce Tecnologias e Serviços
http://www.open-ce.com.br

::@strogildo - Educação a distância
http://astrogildo.blogspot.com

Coordenador Estadual GUBRO-Ceará
http://www.broffice.org/gubro-ce

Blog Pessoal
http://lucasfilho.blogspot.com

Agradecemos a Deus por tudo

Re: Res: Res: Res: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: Change icon?

On Monday 22 November 2010 15:23:34 Lucas Filho wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Excellent reading. On this basis I traced what I believe is the profile of
> the two marks (Paper Airplane) and folded paper (used in Libo soon):
> Paper Airplane:
> a. distinction 3
> b. visibility 8
> c. usability 10
> d. memorability 10
> e. universality 10
> f.  Durability 8
> g. timelessness 7
>
> Folded:
> a. distinction 10
> b. visibility 10
> c. usability 5
> d. memorability 5
> e. Universality5
> f.  Durability 8
> g. timelessness 7

Actually I far prefer your "tilted LO" logo.  That ticks all the boxes and
then some

> The memorization of the paper plane as the logo for Libo can be obtained by
> deeds done by us. If each event took several paper airplanes to distribute
> to the public (please using recycled paper), this will create the public
> who wish to memorize.

Making any logo memorable is a result of the actions of the community and the
marketing of the brand, no denying that, but that's my point in any case.
Uniqueness and eye-catching design assist in that

> Visiting the site of Paul Rand came to your gallery
> (http://www.paul-rand.com/site/identity/) could not find much originality
> (sorry, but it is my opinion).

LOL, The reason it doesn't seem original is because everybody copies him.
Paul Rand is the God of branding and has been doing it for well over half a
century and has designed some of the worlds most iconic brands
 Read some of the articles on the site, some are 60 years old and as relevant
today as they were back then.

> It is strange for me to defend something done, but the idea of the paper
> airplane can be only in people's minds in years. What we have in our hands
> is one way this process be facilitated. The Libo will be present
> throughout the world, our logo will be in schools, businesses, computer
> fairs, car stickers and all. Not just a facade of a company in one country
> or another.
>
> It is similar to other logos: yes! But it is "our paper airplane." I see
> the logo not as a symbol that accompanies the software, but a way of
> communicating with the public. In our events we can make a paper airplane
> contest that flies farther and the winner receives a gift from cd ... how
> such actions with a "folded paper"? who fold a paper faster? ...

All of the above is true, but for any logo, not just the paper plane, it's
just a matter of creative marketing.  Paper plane folding would be interesting
once, but long term it would simply get boring.

Cheers
GL

Graham Lauder,

INGOTs Moderator New Zealand