Changing Background in Impress

Keith Bates Keith Bates

Changing Background in Impress

Hi

I recently upgraded to LO 6.1.2.1 and Ubuntu 18.10 and have a problem.

When designing impress screens, I cannot change the background colour.
Everything remains stubbornly white.

I right click on the page, select "Properties" then Background, Colour.
But instead of filling the screen it leaves it white. Selecting other
options on that dialog, such as Bitmap or Hatch still results in plain
white.

How can I change this?

Thanks

--
*Keith Bates**

**Senior Pastor

*p: 02 67924890

s: 4 Mooloobar St
     Narrabri, NSW 2390
w3w: checklist.windsurf.partly

e: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

w: www.new-life.org.au <http://www.new-life.org.au>

*
*

Kolbjørn Stuestøl Kolbjørn Stuestøl

Re: Changing Background in Impress

I do not know how to correct this, but to narrow the search: it works as
expected in LO 6.1.2.1 in Windows 10.
Kolbjørn

Den 28.11.2018 05:15, skreiv Keith Bates:

> Hi
>
> I recently upgraded to LO 6.1.2.1 and Ubuntu 18.10 and have a problem.
>
> When designing impress screens, I cannot change the background colour.
> Everything remains stubbornly white.
>
> I right click on the page, select "Properties" then Background,
> Colour. But instead of filling the screen it leaves it white.
> Selecting other options on that dialog, such as Bitmap or Hatch still
> results in plain white.
>
> How can I change this?
>
> Thanks

---
Denne e-posten har blitt sjekket for virus av antivirusprogramvare fra Avast

Dave Barton-4 Dave Barton-4

Re: Changing Background in Impress

Also works for me under Mint 18.3
LO Version: 6.1.2.1
Build ID: 65905a128db06ba48db947242809d14d3f9a93fe
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.15; UI render: default; VCL: kde4;
Locale: en-GB (en_GB.UTF-8); Calc: group threaded

Dave

On 28.11.2018 12:24, Kolbjørn Stuestøl wrote:

> I do not know how to correct this, but to narrow the search: it works
> as expected in LO 6.1.2.1 in Windows 10.
> Kolbjørn
>
> Den 28.11.2018 05:15, skreiv Keith Bates:
>> Hi
>>
>> I recently upgraded to LO 6.1.2.1 and Ubuntu 18.10 and have a problem.
>>
>> When designing impress screens, I cannot change the background
>> colour. Everything remains stubbornly white.
>>
>> I right click on the page, select "Properties" then Background,
>> Colour. But instead of filling the screen it leaves it white.
>> Selecting other options on that dialog, such as Bitmap or Hatch still
>> results in plain white.
>>
>> How can I change this?
>>
>> Thanks

Regina Henschel Regina Henschel

Re: Changing Background in Impress

Hi Keith,

Keith Bates schrieb am 28-Nov-18 um 05:15:

> Hi
>
> I recently upgraded to LO 6.1.2.1 and Ubuntu 18.10 and have a problem.
>
> When designing impress screens, I cannot change the background colour.
> Everything remains stubbornly white.
>
> I right click on the page, select "Properties" then Background, Colour.
> But instead of filling the screen it leaves it white. Selecting other
> options on that dialog, such as Bitmap or Hatch still results in plain
> white.
>
> How can I change this?

There exists a check box "Master Background" in the side bar. It should
be checked. Is it?

Kind regards
Regina

Terry Warby Terry Warby

Re: Changing Background in Impress

I can also confirm that it works with 6.1.3.2 on Manjaro 18.0

Terry W

On 28/11/2018 13:40, Dave Barton wrote:

> Also works for me under Mint 18.3
> LO Version: 6.1.2.1
> Build ID: 65905a128db06ba48db947242809d14d3f9a93fe
> CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.15; UI render: default; VCL: kde4;
> Locale: en-GB (en_GB.UTF-8); Calc: group threaded
>
> Dave
>
> On 28.11.2018 12:24, Kolbjørn Stuestøl wrote:
>> I do not know how to correct this, but to narrow the search: it works
>> as expected in LO 6.1.2.1 in Windows 10.
>> Kolbjørn
>>
>> Den 28.11.2018 05:15, skreiv Keith Bates:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I recently upgraded to LO 6.1.2.1 and Ubuntu 18.10 and have a problem.
>>>
>>> When designing impress screens, I cannot change the background
>>> colour. Everything remains stubbornly white.
>>>
>>> I right click on the page, select "Properties" then Background,
>>> Colour. But instead of filling the screen it leaves it white.
>>> Selecting other options on that dialog, such as Bitmap or Hatch still
>>> results in plain white.
>>>
>>> How can I change this?
>>>
>>> Thanks

Keith Bates Keith Bates

[SOLVED] Re: [libreoffice-users] Changing Background in Impress

Thank you Regina! That indeed was the problem.

Keith

On 29/11/18 12:50 am, Regina Henschel wrote:

> Hi Keith,
>
> Keith Bates schrieb am 28-Nov-18 um 05:15:
>> Hi
>>
>> I recently upgraded to LO 6.1.2.1 and Ubuntu 18.10 and have a problem.
>>
>> When designing impress screens, I cannot change the background colour.
>> Everything remains stubbornly white.
>>
>> I right click on the page, select "Properties" then Background, Colour.
>> But instead of filling the screen it leaves it white. Selecting other
>> options on that dialog, such as Bitmap or Hatch still results in plain
>> white.
>>
>> How can I change this?
>
> There exists a check box "Master Background" in the side bar. It
> should be checked. Is it?
>
> Kind regards
> Regina

*