Changing the "Get involved" menu on the LibreOffice website?

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Changing the "Get involved" menu on the LibreOffice website?

Hi everyone,

On https://www.libreoffice.org we have a menu heading "Get involved",
where we encourage people to join the project. But I've been thinking:
it doesn't really express any benefits. So I've come up with a couple of
alternatives, shown in the mock-ups here:

https://imgur.com/a/ChcTugu

What do you think? Which is better for translation? Any others we should
try? I quite like "Improve LibreOffice" personally...

--
Mike Saunders, Marketing & PR
The Document Foundation

Daniel A. Rodriguez Daniel A. Rodriguez

Re: Changing the "Get involved" menu on the LibreOffice website?

IMHO, "make it even better" is more suitable as "improve LibreOffice" may
suggest it's not ready for deployment yet.

El 17 jul. 2018 06:56, "Mike Saunders" <[hidden email]>
escribió:

Hi everyone,

On https://www.libreoffice.org we have a menu heading "Get involved",
where we encourage people to join the project. But I've been thinking:
it doesn't really express any benefits. So I've come up with a couple of
alternatives, shown in the mock-ups here:

https://imgur.com/a/ChcTugu

What do you think? Which is better for translation? Any others we should
try? I quite like "Improve LibreOffice" personally...

--
Mike Saunders, Marketing & PR
The Document Foundation

Kannan Moudgalya Kannan Moudgalya

Re: Changing the "Get involved" menu on the LibreOffice website?

I agree. In fact, I would suggest, “Make LibreOffice the Best”.

Sent from my phone

> On 17-Jul-2018, at 7:57 PM, Daniel A. Rodriguez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> IMHO, "make it even better" is more suitable as "improve LibreOffice" may
> suggest it's not ready for deployment yet.
>
> El 17 jul. 2018 06:56, "Mike Saunders" <[hidden email]>
> escribió:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> On https://www.libreoffice.org we have a menu heading "Get involved",
> where we encourage people to join the project. But I've been thinking:
> it doesn't really express any benefits. So I've come up with a couple of
> alternatives, shown in the mock-ups here:
>
> https://imgur.com/a/ChcTugu
>
> What do you think? Which is better for translation? Any others we should
> try? I quite like "Improve LibreOffice" personally...
>

> --
> Mike Saunders, Marketing & PR
> The Document Foundation

Sreekanth V K Sreekanth V K

Re: Changing the "Get involved" menu on the LibreOffice website?

Dear All,

I think that "Get Involved" or "Join us!" itself is appropriate. The other suggestions are fine.

I have noticed that we have a "Join us!" in the Get Involved Menu which has the details regarding the how to get involved in that. I feel that if we click on "Get Involved" or "Join us!" (Main Menu) it should provide the details currently showing for "Join us!"

Another we can modify every menu items with words starting with D - As I feel that Discover in the current menu is a good starting point. In that case, we can have Drive or Dive-in for this menu option.

​Sincerely,

Sreekanth V K

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.​