Checkbox in table cell (inside of a frame)

williamdrescher williamdrescher

Checkbox in table cell (inside of a frame)

I have a three col table inside of 3 linked frames.
I would like to add a Checkbox in table cell

I followed the help instructions, but the checkbox icon does not
drag from the form toolbar to the table.

I suspect that I am missing a step.

bill

Brian Barker Brian Barker

Re: Checkbox in table cell (inside of a frame)

At 08:15 31/12/2015 -0500, William Drescher wrote:
>I have a three col table inside of 3 linked frames. I would like to
>add a Checkbox in table cell. I followed the help instructions, but
>the checkbox icon does not drag from the form toolbar to the table.
>I suspect that I am missing a step.

The help text talks of clicking the toolbar icon of the required
control and dragging in the document to create the control. You sound
as if you have tried to drag from the toolbar to the document, but
this is not what is meant.

Instead:
o Click the toolbar icon.
o Move the cursor back into the document.
o Notice that the cursor has changed from the normal I-beam to cross
hairs with a subsidiary rectangle.
o Now drag the cursor from one corner of your desired rectangle to
the opposite. To create an accurate square, hold down the Shift key
as you release the mouse button.
o To cancel insert mode, choose any one: click the icon again, or
click in the document without dragging, or press Esc.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

On 12/31/2015 8:15 AM, william drescher wrote:

> I have a three col table inside of 3 linked frames.
> I would like to add a Checkbox in table cell
>
> I followed the help instructions, but the checkbox icon does not
> drag from the form toolbar to the table.
>
> I suspect that I am missing a step.
>
> bill

no reply - so reposting

Sigrid Carrera Sigrid Carrera

Re: Checkbox in table cell (inside of a frame)

Hi William,

you got a reply from Brian Barker, already on 1 January. He replied only to
the list, that might be the reason, why you thought you didn't get a reply.
I copy and paste his reply to you here again.

But next time, please make sure, that you look on the list or in the online
archives, if you really don't have a reply.

Sigrid

copy of Brian's reply:

At 08:15 31/12/2015 -0500, William Drescher wrote:

> I have a three col table inside of 3 linked frames. I would like to add a
> Checkbox in table cell. I followed the help instructions, but the checkbox
> icon does not drag from the form toolbar to the table. I suspect that I am
> missing a step.

The help text talks of clicking the toolbar icon of the required control
and dragging in the document to create the control. You sound as if you
have tried to drag from the toolbar to the document, but this is not what
is meant.

Instead:
o Click the toolbar icon.
o Move the cursor back into the document.
o Notice that the cursor has changed from the normal I-beam to cross hairs
with a subsidiary rectangle.
o Now drag the cursor from one corner of your desired rectangle to the
opposite. To create an accurate square, hold down the Shift key as you
release the mouse button.
o To cancel insert mode, choose any one: click the icon again, or click in
the document without dragging, or press Esc.

I trust this helps.

On 3 January 2016 at 17:13, william drescher <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 12/31/2015 8:15 AM, william drescher wrote:
>
>> I have a three col table inside of 3 linked frames.
>> I would like to add a Checkbox in table cell
>>
>> I followed the help instructions, but the checkbox icon does not
>> drag from the form toolbar to the table.
>>
>> I suspect that I am missing a step.
>>
>> bill
>>

>> no reply - so reposting

williamdrescher williamdrescher

Re: Checkbox in table cell (inside of a frame)

On 12/31/2015 8:15 AM, william drescher wrote:

> I have a three col table inside of 3 linked frames.
> I would like to add a Checkbox in table cell
>
> I followed the help instructions, but the checkbox icon does not
> drag from the form toolbar to the table.
>
> I suspect that I am missing a step.
>
> bill

Thanks Sigrid and Brian

Brian's original post never did show up in my newsgroup feed (gmane).

Brian Barker Brian Barker

At 07:51 04/01/2016 -0500, William Drescher wrote:
>Brian's original post never did show up in my newsgroup feed (gmane).

How right you are! Nothing from me has appeared in Gmane since 19
September 2013. You may have to choose a service which works, without
censoring replies.

Does anyone know why I am persona non grata? I wonder how many others are ...

Brian Barker

Nino Novak-2 Nino Novak-2

Not archived mails at Gmane (was: Re: Checkbox in table cell (inside of a frame))

On 04.01.2016 at 14:49, Brian Barker wrote:
> At 07:51 04/01/2016 -0500, William Drescher wrote:
>> Brian's original post never did show up in my newsgroup feed (gmane).
>
> How right you are! Nothing from me has appeared in Gmane since 19 September
> 2013. You may have to choose a service which works, without censoring replies.
>
> Does anyone know why I am persona non grata? I wonder how many others are ...

Strange, in deed.

I just sent a request for explanation to gmane.org, will report their
reaction hopefully soon :)

Nino

Nino Nino

Not archived mails at Gmane (was: Re: Checkbox in table cell (inside of a frame))

On 04.01.2016 at 14:49, Brian Barker wrote:
> At 07:51 04/01/2016 -0500, William Drescher wrote:
>> Brian's original post never did show up in my newsgroup feed (gmane).
>
> How right you are! Nothing from me has appeared in Gmane since 19 September
> 2013. You may have to choose a service which works, without censoring replies.
>
> Does anyone know why I am persona non grata? I wonder how many others are ...

Strange, in deed.

I just sent a request for explanation to gmane.org, will report their
reaction hopefully soon :)

Nino

Nino Nino

Re: Not archived mails at Gmane

On 04.01.2016 at 15:51 Nino Novak wrote:
> On 04.01.2016 at 14:49, Brian Barker wrote:
>> At 07:51 04/01/2016 -0500, William Drescher wrote:

>>> Brian's original post never did show up in my newsgroup feed (gmane).
>>
>> How right you are! Nothing from me has appeared in Gmane since 19 September
>> 2013. You may have to choose a service which works, without censoring replies.
>>
>> Does anyone know why I am persona non grata? I wonder how many others are ...
>
> Strange, in deed.
>
> I just sent a request for explanation to gmane.org, will report their
> reaction hopefully soon :)

Here is what I asked and what Lars from Gmane.org replied :

>>> The usual reason is that the messages in question contain the
>>> X-No-Archive header.  I haven't examined the messages in question,
>>> though.
>>
>> As you could see from the attached mail I sent you, it has no X-No-Archive
>> header. So there is no obvious reason not to archive it at Gmane from my
>> POV. But yet it is omitted. Can we have it archived, please?
>
> There are no filters for content on Gmane, so there's nothing I can do.

Now, I have no more ideas what else we could do about this issue. It remains
a mystery.

Sorry for that,
Nino

James E. Lang James E. Lang

Re: Not archived mails at Gmane

Interesting! I have trouble replying to Brian's messages (and to the best of my knowledge, only his) on this list. My problem appears to be triggered by a newline character in his message id. Gmane possibly has a related problem with his posts. I wonder what change took place in Brian's eMail origination process around 19 Sep 2013. Maybe he changed ISPs or changed from one eMail client to another or to a web mail interface. I don't know but there is a definite problem there.

--
Jim

On 04.01.2016 at 15:51 Nino Novak wrote:
> On 04.01.2016 at 14:49, Brian Barker wrote:
>> At 07:51 04/01/2016 -0500, William Drescher wrote:

>>> Brian's original post never did show up in my newsgroup feed (gmane).
>>
>> How right you are! Nothing from me has appeared in Gmane since 19 September
>> 2013. You may have to choose a service which works, without censoring replies.
>>
>> Does anyone know why I am persona non grata? I wonder how many others are ...
>
> Strange, in deed.
>
> I just sent a request for explanation to gmane.org, will report their
> reaction hopefully soon :)

Here is what I asked and what Lars from Gmane.org replied :

>>> The usual reason is that the messages in question contain the
>>> X-No-Archive header.  I haven't examined the messages in question,
>>> though.
>>
>> As you could see from the attached mail I sent you, it has no X-No-Archive
>> header. So there is no obvious reason not to archive it at Gmane from my
>> POV. But yet it is omitted. Can we have it archived, please?
>
> There are no filters for content on Gmane, so there's nothing I can do.

Now, I have no more ideas what else we could do about this issue. It remains
a mystery.

Sorry for that,
Nino

steveedmonds steveedmonds

Re: Not archived mails at Gmane

I have no trouble receiving emails from this list  from Brian, his
replies are always enlightening. I do however always get 2 copies of
each email.
 From his header you can see his client and internet provider (nothing
abnormal).
The message ID might have an issue

  [hidden email])

A quick check indicates Brians' emails are the only ones with  what
seems to be an ID fixed by Google.

rgout01.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk

has a valid address lookup.
steve