Clean up pre-releases folders

Pedro Pedro

Clean up pre-releases folders

Hi all

The pre-releases folder is where testers get the latest version released for testing.
It doesn't make sense that it accumulates old/outdated test versions/documents.
As an example the folder
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/src/
should contain some 20 files related to releases 5.4Beta1 and 5.3.4.1 but instead it contains 185 files (some as old as May 2016)
The same applies to the binaries folders.

I know this is not really high priority but cleaning up could be helpful for new testers.

I volunteer to do the cleanup if needed.

Regards,
Pedro
Pedro Pedro

Pedro
mhenriday mhenriday

Re: Clean up pre-releases folders

Bump!
In case nobody noticed this email.

Pedro wrote
> Hi all
>
> The pre-releases folder is where testers get the latest version released
> for testing.
> It doesn't make sense that it accumulates old/outdated test
> versions/documents.
> As an example the folder
> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/src/
> should contain some 20 files related to releases 5.4Beta1 and 5.3.4.1 but
> instead it contains 185 files (some as old as May 2016)
> The same applies to the binaries folders.
>
> I know this is not really high priority but cleaning up could be helpful
> for new testers.
>
> I volunteer to do the cleanup if needed.
>
> Regards,
> Pedro

Pedro, yours sounds like an excellent suggestion to me; but I'm just a (grateful) end user. Who has the authority to decide this sort of thing ?...

Henri​

Pedro Pedro

Re: Clean up pre-releases folders

Hi Henri

mhenriday wrote
​Pedro, yours sounds like an excellent suggestion to me; but I'm just a
(grateful) end user. Who has the authority to decide this sort of thing ?...
I have no idea.
But the good news is that someone already cleaned up all the folders.

Regards,
Pedro